Proven

What are you guys doing for Voice Chat for MCC?

I've always wondered how that works when I watch scrims on Twitch. How do you hear the people on Skype and the game audio, is your mixamp plugged into both outlets so you still hear both like normal?

usb into pc

opitic cable into xbox

Went through all of my options and decided on Gen 2 a40s. These things really blew me away and it is so nice not having all the cables. I have had a ton of headphones and had the 2013 a40s and I definitely prefer the simplicity of these. No batteries and only 1 cord going to the controller. I HATE the color though, and will probably buy the MCC a50's when they are available. 

fejm8g.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

And on the other side of the coin, I bought those new A40s specifically for the color. Because if it aint cyan, you dyin. 

Sorry. 

How are you liking the gen 2 a50's?? And how do they compare to the a40 with the m80?

I love the m80 so far. 

Only problem with the m80 is that you cannot use it for PC. I use Skype on PC mainly, so I am probably gonna replace my old astros with some new gen 2 ones with the gen 2 mixamp

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking of just picking up a mixamp because this headset is compatible with both. Decisions decisions. The mixamp would be another wire though unless you go with the aFiddys. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking of just picking up a mixamp because this headset is compatible with both. Decisions decisions. The mixamp would be another wire though unless you go with the aFiddys. 

I am literally so annoyed that there is not a wired Master Chief edition A40 because I would buy the SHIT out of it

Do you know if it works fine w/ 2009 astro a40s? Can I just plug in the chat cord into the adapter?

Not sure if someone answered you yet, but yes, it does. I have first-gen astro a40's and the chat connector works perfectly fine.

Pretty sure I'm fucked on sound. I have old turtle beaches and a computer monitor with no sound output. God dammit I didn't know I'd have to buy even more shit just to play. Are there cheap headphones to go with that ******** adapter so I'm not out another hundred or two? Again note: I have no sound output. Just an HDMI to DVI input to my monitor. Fucking buttcunt. Thanks in advance if you guys have solutions for me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just got the stereo adapter and I'm hoping all is good to use my sony gold's.  2 birds with one stone and all that.  *crossing fingers for mic to work*

Pretty sure I'm fucked on sound. I have old turtle beaches and a computer monitor with no sound output. God dammit I didn't know I'd have to buy even more shit just to play. Are there cheap headphones to go with that ******** adapter so I'm not out another hundred or two? Again note: I have no sound output. Just an HDMI to DVI input to my monitor. Fucking buttcunt. Thanks in advance if you guys have solutions for me.

Just get the xbox one stereo headset.. It comes with the adapter!! Later on you can always get a nicer headset and plug it in.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been using skype lately but I kind of want to go into game shat for old times sake.

Skype is so crystal clear though.....

Just get the xbox one stereo headset.. It comes with the adapter!! Later on you can always get a nicer headset and plug it in.

Okay good, I musta been misreading that I'd have to get the adapter separate no matter what. I'm sure the headset isn't that bad so hell yeah. Thanks dude.

Anyone know a possible fix for a really bad buzz on the mic while the controller is plugged in? Using a mixamp, a40's and the adapter if thats relevant.

My Astro A40's lasted about 4 years now, but unfortunately they crapped out on me recently. I plan on buying a new pair of astros however I'm not %100 sure what I need for XB1. Also I need astro's that will be tournament legal (apparently no wireless anything) so A50's are a no go. What do I need and what astros should I get (I plan on getting a mixamp too).

Another thing is that I had a wired controller for the 360 for reduce latency and plus it was tourney legal. So since xbox one controllers can't be flat out wired (as far as I know), do I have to get the rechargeable battery pack and the charging chord for my set up to be tournament legal?

I've been watching the MCC invitational and I've been looking at their set ups but I can't really figure it out.

My Astro A40's lasted about 4 years now, but unfortunately they crapped out on me recently. I plan on buying a new pair of astros however I'm not %100 sure what I need for XB1. Also I need astro's that will be tournament legal (apparently no wireless anything) so A50's are a no go. What do I need and what astros should I get (I plan on getting a mixamp too).

Another thing is that I had a wired controller for the 360 for reduce latency and plus it was tourney legal. So since xbox one controllers can't be flat out wired (as far as I know), do I have to get the rechargeable battery pack and the charging chord for my set up to be tournament legal?

I've been watching the MCC invitational and I've been looking at their set ups but I can't really figure it out.

I used a hi-speed USB cord I bought from Amazon that worked just fine in my time spent on the XB1. It was this exact item: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZHE3PM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Went through all of my options and decided on Gen 2 a40s. These things really blew me away and it is so nice not having all the cables. I have had a ton of headphones and had the 2013 a40s and I definitely prefer the simplicity of these. No batteries and only 1 cord going to the controller. I HATE the color though, and will probably buy the MCC a50's when they are available. 

fejm8g.jpg

Aye do you find that thing you have to plug into the controller uncomfortable?

I really dislike using the stereo adapter while playing

Anyone know a possible fix for a really bad buzz on the mic while the controller is plugged in? Using a mixamp, a40's and the adapter if thats relevant.

Make sure your optical cable isnt touching any other cable

Does anyone know if Turtle Beach X31's work on the Xbox One? I've heard that they won't work for there is a wireless adapter which messes with things.