Proven

What are you guys doing for Voice Chat for MCC?

"I'll show them old guys that will be playing halo CE," said little Jonny.

"I've got my $300 head set, my gunnar gaming glasses, my modded controller, and the same monitor they used at MLG!!  No way I can be stopped!"

*gets raped*

in a perfect world, everyone i would play with would also be on a PC with Skype, Raidcall, etc. because I don't like rolling alone or i wont play.

This is what I'd recommend.

Astros are overprized and production quality is subpar. They sound good but break easily without abuse. Just not worth it IMO.

Astros honestly aren't overpriced. The versatility of the mix amp makes the whole package worth it and compared to turtle beaches, trittons and steel series the quality is better. I've had mine for over 4 years and have dropped them more than I care to admit and still work great and no cosmetic issues. Well worth the 250

Got the adapter by Microsoft. So, now I can use my Astro A40s w/ the Astro MixAmp. It's kind of a shame that I still don't own my Siberia V2's. 

I already have the 2014 A40's with Mixamp Pro and I bought the new A40s in silver/blue today to test them out as well as the Mixamp M80. Wasn't impressed and didn't seem to have a point. Will return.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do they have any reviews of Kingstons Hyper x Cloud headset? I'd like to know where it stacks.

Not that I know of but I'm sure there is one out there on another site.

I am torn between Polk 4 shot and turtle beach xl7 or whatever they are called. They both have the same price and are wireless. Which one should I get? Thanks guys. :)

I am torn between Polk 4 shot and turtle beach xl7 or whatever they are called. They both have the same price and are wireless. Which one should I get? Thanks guys. :)

I've heard bad things about the Polks. I don't think the mic works well, so at least try to test that if interested in them.

I bought the Xbox One Stereo Headset for $50 at Groupon about a month ago. I used them to play The Evil Within and I gotta say I was very impressed. I will definitely be using them for TMCC.

GUYS JUST A FAIR WARNING DON'T GET TRITTONS THEY SOUND LIKE TAPING TWO GAMEBOYS AROUND YOUR HEAD!!

I bought the Trittons for the 360. They are great because they have no wires at all, but you're right about the sound quality. I can hear more than ican without them, but there are other headsets with much better sound and a similar price tag which is why I'm also looking for a new pair for my XBone experience.

I think I'm just gonna buy the Xbone Stereo headset for now. Only 50 bucks and it comes with the headset adapter, so I can use the crap out of them and when they break or I finally want to upgrade.....I'll already have the adapter.

Basically getting the headset for only 20 bucks. Even if the sound quality isnt that great, thats a pretty good deal.

I bought the Trittons for the 360. They are great because they have no wires at all, but you're right about the sound quality. I can hear more than ican without them, but there are other headsets with much better sound and a similar price tag which is why I'm also looking for a new pair for my XBone experience.

It's a shame because the design is good, and the features like you said too...

I tried 3 different models at the local LAN center (they are party sponsored by MadCatz and also have dozens of those 360 MLG controllers) in different price ranges and they all had the same subpar sound. :/

If you're in the 100$ dollar range I'd recommend a XONE headset adapter for 20 bucks, a Y-cable adapter at 5-10 bucks and some Steel Series Siberia around 70-80 bucks.

Just plug the Steel series into the controller with the adapters and that's it. Works like a charm. Only cable is the one from the headset to the controller. Unless you use a microUSB for your controller but that's optional...

EDIT: @Mr Doogles Here's the link for the Y-Adapter... Just in case... http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-3-5mm-Headset-Splitter-Adapter-Black/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415037356&sr=8-1&keywords=y+headset+adapter

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just use my kinect for voice and have astros hooked up. As long as you have your kinect correctly calibrated the voice quality should be fine. 

Note: my astro mic is broken, still would probably recommend picking up the adapter.

Sennheiser PC 360s, 2012 Mixamp and headset adapter for anyone that doesn't have Skype/Teamspeak. Does anyone know if Skype on Xbox One works as good at talking over Xbl as it does with a laptop/PC?

Sennheiser PC 360s, 2012 Mixamp and headset adapter for anyone that doesn't have Skype/Teamspeak. Does anyone know if Skype on Xbox One works as good at talking over Xbl as it does with a laptop/PC?

Would recommend using the PC Skype. Easier to manage

Would recommend using the PC Skype. Easier to manage

If it were my choice that would always be the case, but some friends don't feel the same way. The other day I was playing with three friends, one of them through Skype and the other two through Xbl party chat, and the difference is amazing. We then stopped Skype and switched to Xbl party to join the others, and he said it sounds like I'm talking through a pillow case now xd.

Have you tried Skype on Xbox One at all? I just want to try find out that if say there are three of us in a Skype call on the PC, the fourth using Skype on the Xbox One isn't more delayed then the rest.

Picked up the xbox headphone adapter and a pair of Sennheiser PC 310s.  I am really happy with the head phones so far.  Really light, comfortable with awesome sound quality for $40 bucks.  I already have PC 360s but I am too lazy do disconnect them from my PC every time I want to play some CE online, which will be a LOT! :)

What do you guys think about these with the mixamp

http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content-search/results/ref=cm_cr_dp_srch?query=mixamp&search-alias=community-reviews&idx.asin=B008O515CK

and how many cords will I have now. 1 from the controller to the headset, and from the headset to the mixamp?? I hated the cords coming off my a40s and would like to have less cords if possible. 

What do you guys think about these with the mixamp

http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-content-search/results/ref=cm_cr_dp_srch?query=mixamp&search-alias=community-reviews&idx.asin=B008O515CK

and how many cords will I have now. 1 from the controller to the headset, and from the headset to the mixamp?? I hated the cords coming off my a40s and would like to have less cords if possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Stealth-Premium-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B00KSQACMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415427842&sr=8-1&keywords=500x

If worried about cords.....pretty sure all other wireless headsets actually have wires.