Sign in to follow this  
ToysoldieR

H2A Map Selection and DLC possibilities?

So with the small map selection in h2a (although some of the best maps were remade) I personally am worried about this. The phrase DLC makes me cringe. Micro transactions in games are ways that Dev's can be lazy, not finish a game.. and release maps we have to pay for instead of releasing the game complete. I just wish dev's released the game finished and didn't use DLC to finish the game and experience later on. (and take more money out of our pockets)

Granted, some of the best maps were DLC in h2.. (Warlock, Sanctuary) but i'm personally getting fed up with DLC...

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So with the small map selection in h2a (although some of the best maps were remade) I personally am worried about this. The phrase DLC makes me cringe. Micro transactions in games are ways that Dev's can be lazy, not finish a game.. and release maps we have to pay for instead of releasing the game complete. I just wish dev's released the game finished and didn't use DLC to finish the game and experience later on. (and take more money out of our pockets)

Granted, some of the best maps were DLC in h2.. (Warlock, Sanctuary) but i'm personally getting fed up with DLC...

Thoughts?

I concur, micro transactions are destroying the gaming industry imo especially from seeing the recent Destiny spill of hiding DLC in a game that you already purchased. It seems now we are buying a game that can be great if you are willing to spend more money smh 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I personally wouldn't mind paying a little for some extra maps, however I don't see it happening. It seems like 343 did a really good job with forge this time around and we haven't seen the other two palettes yet I think. We could forge basically anything we wanted. 343 is probably 100% focused on H5 now. 

I think we would all like to see more maps in H2A, but the question is if they should be limited to H2 maps.

Would people be opposed to HCE and H3 maps remade for H2A? I don't think it would be a bad idea, but it could be controversial.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we would all like to see more maps in H2A, but the question is if they should be limited to H2 maps.

Would people be opposed to HCE and H3 maps remade for H2A? I don't think it would be a bad idea, but it could be controversial.

The Pit, Guardian, Narrows, Construct, those maps would look insane in H2A

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pit and Narrows in H2A would be amazing, hopefully someone can remake it in forge.

I'm not to keen on forge but it seems to have very good possibilities, we should be able to have a very solid map rotation.

Pit and Narrows in H2A would be amazing, hopefully someone can remake it in forge.

I'm not to keen on forge but it seems to have very good possibilities, we should be able to have a very solid map rotation.

If the game is going to get support from 343i and leagues.. that's fine.. those maps would be fine to me, I personally like Construct a lot, for both TS and especially KOTH. 

I hope forge maps don't all look the same, like in previous games.. 

If the game is going to get support from 343i and leagues.. that's fine.. those maps would be fine to me, I personally like Construct a lot, for both TS and especially KOTH. 

I hope forge maps don't all look the same, like in previous games.. 

Did you watch the forge video that IGN released today?

The forge mode no longer consists of just bland gray nonsense. Looks much much better.

Did you watch the forge video that IGN released today?

The forge mode no longer consists of just bland gray nonsense. Looks much much better.

Currently at work man :(

The only kind of DLC I have a problem with is stuff locked on disc and DLC added to incomplete feeling games. For H2A I think DLC would be fine, because the MCC as a whole is more than enough content. With that said though, since the MCC already has over 100 maps, how many people would really feel the need to buy more? I'm afraid DLC in H2A would end up like DLC in Reach and H4, so I would almost prefer they just add the best forge maps into rotation.

The only kind of DLC I have a problem with is stuff locked on disc and DLC added to incomplete feeling games. For H2A I think DLC would be fine, because the MCC as a whole is more than enough content. With that said though, since the MCC already has over 100 maps, how many people would really feel the need to buy more? I'm afraid DLC in H2A would end up like DLC in Reach and H4, so I would almost prefer they just add the best forge maps into rotation.

incomplete games.. hmm. NHL 15 on Xbox One comes to mind...  :lxthul:

I agree.

The way forge looks, it will be very possible to get that developer made feel on forge maps.

Agreed.

Honestly, I want to see forge used as little as possible in MCC. The more on disc content we can use, the better.

I was so disappointed with that game...

No EASHL no Online Team Play, they released a less than half made game, because Be a Pro sucks too.. I'm suprised they haven't released DLC with all that on it for 20 bucks. EA style

No EASHL no Online Team Play, they released a less than half made game, because Be a Pro sucks too.. I'm suprised they haven't released DLC with all that on it for 20 bucks. EA style

But, but, but, you buy player packs to determine if your going to get shit on in ultimate team or not...

That makes up for it right?

this, I'd love to have the pit guardian and narrows remade. I hate construct. I'd also like a developer made Onslaught, just for the sake of textures.

Guys, microtransactions are not map packs. Why are we suddenly implying that they are the same thing? Why are we talking about microtransactions anyway? That shit shows no signs of touching the Halo series.

"Buy a new armor permutation for $2" = Microtransaction

"Buy 3 new maps" = Not microtransaction

I just wish dev's released the game finished and didn't use DLC to finish the game and experience later on. (and take more money out of our pockets)

You're using the worst DLC in the game industry to generalize on all DLC. Yes, some devs are shit and take parts out of the game to sell as DLC later, but that doesn't mean all DLC is like this. Most is an addition to the game. Halo has always done well with this.

• Upvote (+1) 1