Sign in to follow this  
ZipCity117

Weapon Set (Fixed Loadouts) Opinions

So, on the IGN livestream yesterday, they said weapon sets would be in H2A: Choice of SMG, PR, or Pistol. PR comes with stickies. Previously, Frankie had said this was a glitchy UI screen. It will be interesting to see if this carries over to the H5 beta/how it can be balanced. Opinions?

I'm not against the idea completely, but the covvie loadout needs to go. It is superior to the SMG & Pistol loadouts, as one can shield strip quickly and then melee. And don't get me started on loading out with stickies... 

How do you think it should work in H5 (assuming it's in)?

What I would like:

AR, Pistol, Frags

BR, SMG, Frags

This seems pretty fair to me, but I'm worried about 343 putting in covvie weapons (shield strip) and DMR (which should always be an on-map pickup). Also don't want to suffer through AR or SMG only starts again...

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, on the IGN livestream yesterday, they said weapon sets would be in H2A: Choice of SMG, PR, or Pistol. PR comes with stickies. Previously, Frankie had said this was a glitchy UI screen. It will be interesting to see if this carries over to the H5 beta/how it can be balanced. Opinions?

I'm not against the idea completely, but the covvie loadout needs to go. It is superior to the SMG & Pistol loadouts, as one can shield strip quickly and then melee. And don't get me started on loading out with stickies... 

How do you think it should work in H5 (assuming it's in)?

What I would like:

AR, Pistol, Frags

BR, SMG, Frags

This seems pretty fair to me, but I'm worried about 343 putting in covvie weapons (shield strip) and DMR (which should always be an on-map pickup). Also don't want to suffer through AR or SMG only starts again...

This is the default option for Custom Games, but if Frankie's word stays true, H2A will feature fair starts only in matchmaking.

I'm fine with pre-set weapon loadouts, but spawning with stickies is awful for gameplay.

H5 doesn't have any weapon sets at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those weapon sets are just a default custom game option while matchmaking is SMG and BR starts depending on the game type that is voted on I believe. From my understanding all Halo games have even starts and there will be no load outs in matchmaking in the collection and Halo 5 but no one knows what Halo 5's starting weapons will be.

Even starts is the way to go for Halo and both of the starting weapons should be very capable of performing different roles that make them unique amongst the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those weapon sets are just a default custom game option while matchmaking is SMG and BR starts depending on the game type that is voted on I believe. From my understanding all Halo games have even starts and there will be no load outs in matchmaking in the collection and Halo 5 but no one knows what Halo 5's starting weapons will be.

Even starts is the way to go for Halo and both of the starting weapons should be very capable of performing different roles that make them unique amongst the sandbox.

Halo 4 (fair starts) matchmaking is unconfirmed.

Since Halo 4 isn't in Team Slayer, I assume they will have a mix of Infinity and Arena (Legendary) settings in the Halo 4 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh, I see. Carry on then! One less thing to worry about...

though it will be interesting to see starting weapons for H5, given they've already confirmed AR, Pistol, BR, SMG & DMR.

As long as I have the choice to spawn with a BR then you won't hear any complaining from me

AR/Mag is stupid for anything except CE. Until they make the Magnum the utility weapon it should be, AR/Mag should be avoided like the plague, especially in Halo 2.

Any loadout with a Plasma Pistol or Plasma Grenades should die in a fire, as well.

AR/Mag is stupid for anything except CE. Until they make the Magnum the utility weapon it should be, AR/Mag should be avoided like the plague, especially in Halo 2.

Thousands of casual players disagree with you. I agree it's atrocious, but that's why we have 2 competitive playlists for. IMO it's not that big of a deal.

Thousands of casual players disagree with you. 

Thousands of people whose opinions don't matter, yes.

Oh, and I don't imagine that even casual players like dying over and over because their weapons aren't as good as the opposing team's. Seems like a bad call.

Thousands of people whose opinions don't matter, yes.

Oh, and I don't imagine that even casual players like dying over and over because their weapons aren't as good as the opposing team's. Seems like a bad call.

Their opinions do matter. And how exactly would their weapons be inferior to the opposing team if both teams start with the same loadouts?

Ehhh 343i should either stick with it entirely or get rid of it entirely, preferably the latter. No half-measures (+1 to whoever gets this reference).

And how exactly would their weapons be inferior to the opposing team if both teams start with the same loadouts?

Because, knowing them, they'd actually try AR/Mag.

Because, knowing them, they'd actually try AR/Mag.

Wait. Are we talking about set loadouts with BR and AR options? Because if we are then I agree. I thought we were talking about AR/PlasmaRifle/SMG loadouts. 

Wait. Are we talking about set loadouts with BR and AR options? Because if we are then I agree. I thought we were talking about AR/PlasmaRifle/SMG loadouts. 

The OP states that he would prefer it were BR/SMG, and AR/Mag. AR/Mag won't work because the Magnum, as of every Halo after CE, isn't up to par. 

I don't like AR, PR, and SMG loadouts, either, because it denies you a utility weapon, making the BR and Carbine semi-power weapons.