ReFlexxx

New headset

Didn't know if it was acceptable to post this here, but I want to purchase a new headset for XB1 and MCC and need advice. I want to get a pair of A40's but had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. I saw one option where you can buy 2nd Gen A40's for $200 and it comes bundled with an M80 mix amp that plugs directly into the controller. I was wondering how much better the 1st Gen Astro's that come with the mix amp pro are and if they can be used with Xbox one (I think they can but you need a controller adapter?). I know price wise they are $250. Finally, If i did go with the cheaper M80 bundle, would I be able to upgrade to a mixamp pro later and the controller adapter later on with that headset? Thanks guys.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would it be possible to use two TB X12's with adaptors on the One? My buddy doesn't have an Xbox one so we will be playing split screen. Or is it only possible to have one hooked up to a single Xbox at a time? I guess worst case scenario I can buy an extra generic One headset for the time being.

the m80 mixamp is just a headset adapter that processes stereo sound.  Should you buy that, all you would need is to plug your a40s and your contoller into your xbox one and you would be good to go.  With the mixamp pro, however, you would need the separate, ridiculously expensive 30 dollar headset adapter.  If you do get a40s with a mixamp pro I would highly suggest you find them used or on ebay, because there is no reason to pay 250 dollars when you could get everything for 150 dollars, in perfect condition, on ebay.  As for the difference in quality, it will be apparent but the difference is very small.  There is a misconception that stereo sound is by default worse than surround sound, and that surround sound will give you better directional audio that stereo.  It comes down to your headphones more than it does your mixamp.  The a40s are poor quality compared to sennheisers or auido technica heahphones.  My personal recommendation would be to get a pair of sennheisers, they will run you about 100 dollars, and get a mixamp separate, about 60 or 70 used and 120 brand new.  Even if you get both the sennheisers and mixamp new, you'll be spending 220 dollars and you will get far better audio than with the a40s

EDIT: I would recommend these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-518-Headphones-Black/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414110455&sr=8-3&keywords=sennheiser+hd+558

They are the headphones that final boss used for a while, and they have awesome sound quality.  Those, paired with a mixamp, are about as good as you can get on a console

• Upvote (+1) 1

the m80 mixamp is just a headset adapter that processes stereo sound.  Should you buy that, all you would need is to plug your a40s and your contoller into your xbox one and you would be good to go.  With the mixamp pro, however, you would need the separate, ridiculously expensive 30 dollar headset adapter.  If you do get a40s with a mixamp pro I would highly suggest you find them used or on ebay, because there is no reason to pay 250 dollars when you could get everything for 150 dollars, in perfect condition, on ebay.  As for the difference in quality, it will be apparent but the difference is very small.  There is a misconception that stereo sound is by default worse than surround sound, and that surround sound will give you better directional audio that stereo.  It comes down to your headphones more than it does your mixamp.  The a40s are poor quality compared to sennheisers or auido technica heahphones.  My personal recommendation would be to get a pair of sennheisers, they will run you about 100 dollars, and get a mixamp separate, about 60 or 70 used and 120 brand new.  Even if you get both the sennheisers and mixamp new, you'll be spending 220 dollars and you will get far better audio than with the a40s

EDIT: I would recommend these http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-518-Headphones-Black/dp/B0042A68R8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1414110455&sr=8-3&keywords=sennheiser+hd+558

They are the headphones that final boss used for a while, and they have awesome sound quality.  Those, paired with a mixamp, are about as good as you can get on a console

Thanks for the information. I see a lot of good deals on ebay, but I am always sketched out of what includes everything I need and what is a legit source.

Side note, thank you for reminding me that I need to buy this thing to use my 360 Turtle Beaches on XB1

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00IAVDOS6

Isn't it a bit ridiculous that we have to buy that to get old headsets to work? What is the purpose, is there any new functionality? I love how the reviews are all positive like it is such a great adapter....well we shouldn't need one in the first place!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't know if it was acceptable to post this here, but I want to purchase a new headset for XB1 and MCC and need advice. I want to get a pair of A40's but had a few questions that hopefully someone can answer. I saw one option where you can buy 2nd Gen A40's for $200 and it comes bundled with an M80 mix amp that plugs directly into the controller. I was wondering how much better the 1st Gen Astro's that come with the mix amp pro are and if they can be used with Xbox one (I think they can but you need a controller adapter?). I know price wise they are $250. Finally, If i did go with the cheaper M80 bundle, would I be able to upgrade to a mixamp pro later and the controller adapter later on with that headset? Thanks guys.

i just got the Astro A40s with the M80 mix amp in the mail today / they look great clean and simple / i will leave some feedback after i use them for a few.

The $200 price was what sold me on them and / less mess

But what would you use for a microphone? I hear people preach about other better sound quality headphones other than Astro's but what would you use to talk?

i just got the Astro A40s with the M80 mix amp in the mail today / they look great clean and simple / i will leave some feedback after i use them for a few.

The $200 price was what sold me on them and / less mess

Still wondering if I did go with this option, would I be able to but a mixamp pro separately and use it with this headset? I realize how un economical that is but am just curious.

Still wondering if I did go with this option, would I be able to but a mixamp pro separately and use it with this headset? I realize how un economical that is but am just curious.

I would like to know this for sure too

im not 100% sure but from what i have seen in the reviews yes it is possible to do that.