Sign in to follow this  
Maaair

Early release of the physical copy MCC?

Anyone getting their hands on the physical copy early? Meaning before the 11th? I'm looking at getting the game on the 8th from a shop in the UK!

I'm pretty sure stores that release games early get in a lot of legal trouble and consoles that play the game early get banned or at least the players account gets banned.

I'm pretty sure stores that release games early get in a lot of legal trouble and consoles that play the game early get banned or at least the players account gets banned.

Bungie's and 343i's standpoint on early copies is that as long as the player bought the game legally, then they have nothing to worry about.

That being said, I'd just be doing Campaign if I got the game early.

Bungie's and 343i's standpoint on early copies is that as long as the player bought the game legally, then they have nothing to worry about.

That being said, I'd just be doing Campaign if I got the game early.

But is that MS standpoint?

I've heard horror stories about consoles being banned and accounts being banned for having early access to things they shouldn't have access to.

I've heard horror stories about consoles being banned and accounts being banned for having early access to things they shouldn't have access to.

As long as you paid for it and got it legally, you should have no issue. 

Well I'm definitely getting it legally, definitely no funny business about it. I got skyrim from the same shop a few days early as well. With my internet right enough it will probably take me until the 11th to actually install haha.

Yeah, here in the UK, it's not actually illegal to either buy or sell the game early technically. 

Yeah, here in the UK, it's not actually illegal to either buy or sell the game early technically.

Huh. That's weird. Oh well. Good for you guys in the UK.

Huh. That's weird. Oh well. Good for you guys in the UK.

I say it's legal, but just to be clear, the retailer will probably be breaking some contract. 

So "stolen copies" - prerelease playing 

http://gamerant.com/halo-4-leaked-xbox-live-bans-343-industries/

or this

http://n4g.com/news/592321/100-halo-reach-discs-stolen-from-microsofts-factory

BUUUUTTTT

I just remember reading this somewhere so i just dug it up again

Stephen Toulouse, also known as Stepto, former Director of Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement at Microsoft -Wiki

So I think I'm gonna trade in my oldest 360 and get the sunset overdrive bundle for $300 then pre order MCC digitally.

Solid plan guys?