Sign in to follow this  
Master

How are tournaments going to work with Xbox One's licensing rules?

Apparently the Xbox 360 will be supported for a few more years - hopefully enough people will rage at Microsoft so they change something about the xbox one

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently the Xbox 360 will be supported for a few more years - hopefully enough people will rage at Microsoft so they change something about the xbox one

How many people do you think it will take? You know there is going to be all the casual gamers out there who are in love with the xbox one. Do you think the Esports community is enough of a voice to get something changed?

How many people do you think it will take? You know there is going to be all the casual gamers out there who are in love with the xbox one. Do you think the Esports community is enough of a voice to get something changed?

Ha. The day I see Microsoft change something for competitive gaming...

If they do release something that makes LAN's easier its not going to be intended for eSports.

No.

meh, go check out reddit - and other IGN / Gamespot polls about the Xbox one - its pretty much a general consensus that everyone hates it at the moment.. not just eSports

I like to believe they couldn't possibly be THAT dense... But I also thought Halo 4 would be perfect out of the box so what do I know...

meh, go check out reddit - and other IGN / Gamespot polls about the Xbox one - its pretty much a general consensus that everyone hates it at the moment.. not just eSports

Surely they will make changes, I'm thinking that PS was taking a shot at Xbox bc everything about the playstation sounded good except the dumb controller. The xb1 sounds good too but PS was much better IMO. Hopefully they make some changes before it is all said and done.

I like to believe they couldn't possibly be THAT dense... But I also thought Halo 4 would be perfect out of the box so what do I know...

remember they were like, "The old halo feel". FailFish

Yeah but it's not just us. Despite it being 2013 some people still don't have regular access to the internet, what about all them who won't be able to game because they don't have internet? Or the people (like myself) who rely mostly on buying and selling used games to save money? What about all the families thinking about buying a console for home entertainment as well as gaming? With netflix and the facial recognition thing i'm fairly certain any daddy who asks basic questions at a best buy will quickly realize that the ps4 will be a better investment, as if their how to trade games in video isn't viral enough.

I hate to be the conspiracy theorist but there is no way microsoft would make such terrible moves unless they were being funded from an outside source to cover the definite red they'll be in months after release, namely the US government, which really isn't that hard for me to believe after the cell phone data thing.

Me personally, i won't be buying an xbox 1 on release, and will only buy one if my friends are still running xbox and if a game calls for it, namely halo 5, which is sad... I've owned two 360's, 2 originals, a host of microsoft games (namely the halo series, i've bought at least three brand new copies of h2) dozens of controllers and so much xbox live i'm ashamed to admit it. No more, might even convert to ps4 once a controller adapter comes out for 360 to ps4.

Yeah the PS4 sounds amazing in every aspect except controller. If they get an adapter I would switch hands down. I honestly think in the months to come Microsoft has to do something because they are dropping the ball. 

As much as I am not a fan of Xbone, it will actually be a little easier. Every competitor will be required to have their own copy which will be played without disc via the cloud. This will only require the Xbones to constantly be connected to the internet the entire tournament. It will be as simple as signing into your account and having all your settings pre saved. 

However any loss of connection to the cloud mid game or tournament would be a frustratingly unfair way to lose the tournament. 

As much as I am not a fan of Xbone, it will actually be a little easier. Every competitor will be required to have their own copy which will be played without disc via the cloud. This will only require the Xbones to constantly be connected to the internet the entire tournament. It will be as simple as signing into your account and having all your settings pre saved. 

However any loss of connection to the cloud mid game or tournament would be a frustratingly unfair way to lose the tournament. 

That's real interesting. Although that's a lot of xboxs connected to the internet, that would have to be a real strong connection, which these smaller venues simply do not have yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes, they specifically said there is an offline version  and called it the Xbox 360 == ' 

assholes I know.....

Like unless they ....idk why they would do this.....allow Halo 5 to be on Xbox 360 as well....then yeah tourneys are pretty much dead...only online ones.

Only way I can think of a tourney possibly working...

Everyone brings their own box, and the venue has a super awesome wifi...Completely screwing out the purpose of a LAN ...but...no other way I can think of.

gotcha yea i knew that but i was thinking maybe they said an offline version of xbox 1. maybe im just dreaming tho :)

That's real interesting. Although that's a lot of xboxs connected to the internet, that would have to be a real strong connection, which these smaller venues simply do not have yet.

The first event would probably be in the summer at the soonest. Think about how far internet has come and will go, then think major metro areas for tourneys. Most large venues have t1-t3 Capabilities. 

How would this be a tournament then? That defeats the purpose of LAN doesnt it? if everyone is signed onto the internet/XBL? That would be such a pain to be constantly connected to the internet JUST so you can have "your copy" of the game. Pretty dumb to me.

How would this be a tournament then? That defeats the purpose of LAN doesnt it? if everyone is signed onto the internet/XBL? That would be such a pain to be constantly connected to the internet JUST so you can have "your copy" of the game. Pretty dumb to me.

#it'sthefuture #dealwithit #donmattrick #wehave360s

I don't know much about internet service, but what about Google Fiber? Could everyone tournament subscribing to a service like that be the future? I just know it, in theory, has crazy download and upload speeds, I don't know if that actually means anything for a ton of Xboxes connecting to it.

Think I'll just leave this here:

http://redd.it/1g8t5e

"I'm sick of seeing all the misinformation going around the gaming subreddits. It's really frustrating to see people furiously hating the X1 without having all, if any, of the details. I'll try and break this down for you guys so here we go."

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I'm sick of seeing all the misinformation going around the gaming subreddits. It's really frustrating to see people furiously hating the X1 without having all, if any, of the details. I'll try and break this down for you guys so here we go."

Boom :heckfu:

Hell of a read. Glad somebody finally put all the pieces together for the Sony fanboy's.

yKJpKce.jpg?1

Had to laugh when i saw this!

That is too strong of an argument to not buy the XBone :D

haha

Aren't they coming up with ways for people in the military to play the XBOX One offline without the restrictions? If that goes well I can see them expanding on it.

• Downvote (-1) 1