CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Yeah I think he was just extremely salty. Like I said the only people I saw with any complaints were OG and quite honestly they underperformed hard at this event. I didn't see any other teams complaining about gametypes or flag glitches, etc.

Is there any word on what time the Halo 5 showing is? I can't find it in the OP other than a sentence about the tournament winners getting a chance to be the first to play. I'd assume that means tomorrow afternoon at some point? What's going on Monday?

I remember before this tournament Ace was saying that people need to give him more respect. Well, after this performance and his tweets, it's kind of hard to follow up on that.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Yeah I think he was just extremely salty. Like I said the only people I saw with any complaints were OG and quite honestly they underperformed hard at this event. I didn't see any other teams complaining about gametypes or flag glitches, etc.

I feel like Ola was trying to pull a Roy, AKA not practice and show up dominant, but even Roy knows better, seeing the amount of practice he put in before this tournament...

And it's paying off because he was on a tear earlier tonight.

Is there any word on what time the Halo 5 showing is? I can't find it in the OP other than a sentence about the tournament winners getting a chance to be the first to play. I'd assume that means tomorrow afternoon at some point? What's going on Monday?

I had thought the Halo 5 beta first showing was going to be on Monday. No clue what time tough. 

I just don't understand how you can compare Halo 2A to Halo 4. If you saw the stream today, you can blatantly see how much more superior Halo 2 Anniversary is as a competitive title.

• Upvote (+1) 7

What were peak numbers today?

Between 30-31K. 

As many have already said, I can't believe they didn't stream it. I'm sure 343 will say it was time related. However, at least tell your audience that you won't be streaming those matches and the end of the broadcast when you go off the air. The only reason we found out were the players that were still there. Im not sure why Ace would tweet that and then delete it, just makes him look even worse. The Fact that Optic Formal out-placed the Optic Halo team is  pretty crazy and he could still win it as well. Who knows what will happen with Optic halo now. Was Strongside the X-Factor? How does one team going from Crushing VWS in the finals to place top 6 the next event. Hell, the only team that they beat was PurpleRain.The only different was one map and are all experience Halo players. It is nice to see that there are real rivalries between players and teams being that this is the first event.  

Ace and Snipedown are obviously just disappointed right now, as they should be after placing 5th/6th with that talented of a roster.

I'm just thinking about how incredible they may look next event after actually practicing the game and hopefully putting in solid hours together as a full squad.

They still have the potential to be a scary scary roster down the road here

I will say that Lockdown TS has been horrible to watch at times(hit or miss game-type really) and H2A only has 6 maps/limited game-types compared to H2 so it will take some work. I can guarantee H2 would be a better spectator experience but I like H2A  more than recent Halo's and some of the games have been intense. 

Yes we placed top 8, there were only 8 teams though.  So we placed top8 at a event.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can anyone give me a summary of today's results?

Str8 and BtH in winners finals

StK and VwS making a losers run

Optic and The Agency eliminated

I believe TCM is also eliminated but I'm not sure

And believe it or not, but Purple Rain won't be taking this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I also enjoyed watching this more than Halo 4 at any point in its lifespan. It was like watching Halo again, setups mattered, players got punished for making stupid plays, etc.

We can still make H2A a better experience as well by fixing spawns, weapons, and figuring out a solid map rotation.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Yes we placed top 8, there were only 8 teams though.  So we placed top8 at a event.  :kappa:

I know a person or two... well... two actually, who would consider that an actual pro placing. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I will say that Lockdown TS has been horrible to watch at times(hit or miss game-type really) and H2A only has 6 maps/limited game-types compared to H2 so it will take some work. I can guarantee H2 would be a better spectator experience but I like H2A  more than recent Halo's and some of the games have been intense. 

I think Sanc was even worse as a slayer. People couldn't even push up without doing a 180 constantly wondering if the other team spawned behind them. Everything played abnormally slow as soon as StK vs VWS series ended. It got painful at times