CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

There is all that, but then there's also the teambeyond.net front page that has pretty close to absolutely nothing regarding the fact that there's a huge tournament in an hour.

There's a frontpage? I thought it was just a forum  :kappa:

There is all that, but then there's also the teambeyond.net front page that has pretty close to absolutely nothing regarding the fact that there's a huge tournament in an hour.  Of course this place has done a great job all around but I think this is a fair criticism.

We have it on the calendar and the predictions article.

I think he has a point, I'm an avid Halo follower, and I had no idea there was a tournament today. Like, I knew there was something going on with Halo Fest, but I thought it was on the 10th only. There wasn't really information of when this tournament was starting on HaloWaypoint. I'm searching and I can't find it. Shouldn't even have to search. It should be their main banner.

We all want to make the stream hit top numbers today.

I recommend joining twitter for literal up-to-date stuff, I can only push the tournament so much for you guys without it becoming nauseating site wise.

-----

Please remember that we are running this site as volunteers and for the Halo community. We put a lot of work into it, especially in the last week. We have a few staff members out at the tournament right now (on their own dime) to help cover the event even more. Unfortunately they aren't inside yet so I'm running off of social media.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You have done a good job spreading the word, there only seems to be an issue with starting times in the info.

A suggestion tho, Facebook? Not everyone has twitter but everyone has facebook.

You have done a good job spreading the word, there only seems to be an issue with starting times in the info.

A suggestion tho, Facebook? Not everyone has twitter but everyone has facebook.

Beyond does have a Facebook page and I myself have seen countless posts about the Halo Fest tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Toms the smallest person in the world, fits perfectly in a hoodie from 2003 gtfo.

I seen Bonesaw in his 8th grade picture outfit. It was a Simpson's tshirt that said "cowabunga"

• Upvote (+1) 1

I recommend joining twitter for literal up-to-date stuff, I can only push the tournament so much for you guys without it becoming nauseating site wise.

-----

Please remember that we are running this site as volunteers and for the Halo community. We put a lot of work into it, especially in the last week. We have a few staff members out at the tournament right now (on their own dime) to help cover the event even more. Unfortunately they aren't inside yet so I'm running off of social media.

I think Beyond's doing a good job, the new tweet just put out answers everything. I think there was a lot of content around the tournament but not as much saying when it was. It's all good.  

I wish Halo Waypoint would step up its game though. It would be really hard for someone who's not connected in this community (i.e. the non-competitive Halo types) to know there's an event happening today. 

Beyond does have a Facebook page and I myself have seen countless posts about the Halo Fest tournament.

There seems to be an issue with this term in general as most people are under the impression that the tournament is HaloFest, where as HaloFest is specifically Monday and Monday alone, well after the tournament has ended.

Googling things such as "halofest tournament time" pulls up generally unhelpful results.  I've personally had three people in real life and another friend on Steam ask me "when does the halofest tourney start?" since noon time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There seems to be an issue with this term in general as most people are under the impression that the tournament is HaloFest, where as HaloFest is specifically Monday and Monday alone, well after the tournament has ended.

Googling things such as "halofest tournament time" pulls up generally unhelpful results.  I've personally had three people in real life and another friend on Steam ask me "when does the halofest tourney start?" since noon time.

Do they have a twitter? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Perhaps in the future we could make more of a thing out of it?  A stream embed, etc like some of the larger fansites such as Eventhubs and MMO-Champion do.

I understand the staff is small and working on volunteer time.  Just trying to make suggestions.

Warlock is a good map to start off with. Mayhem everywhere.

Dumb question, but is this the first time we will be seeing portals back in official tournament Halo since Halo 2?

Do they have a twitter? 

Only one of them.  There's still a lot of people that don't use Twitter.

B176Tp3CcAARkO0.jpg

dem oldschool STK sweaties tho :walshy:

I am hoping to see some flashbacks of FB OGRE 2 today :goat:

He's like me: forever skinny/lanky and can fit into clothes from when he was a teenager lol.

Although, he looked especially sickly for a while there in the recent past. Glad to see him at least looking healthy these days!

Halo Fest is actually going on from November 8th to Novemember 11th and the Halo Master Chief Collection Invitational is being played there.

He's like me: forever skinny/lanky and can fit into clothes from when he was a teenager lol.

Although, he looked especially sickly for a while there in the recent past. Glad to see him at least looking healthy these days!

Thats because he was playing Ghosts  :kappa:

But I believe Ogre 2 is a vegetarian(I know Ogre 1 is) or something so of course he is going to be thin.

Shots of the trophy!

fYCBnrA.jpg

Why isn't it a Red Spartan though???

Halo Fest is actually going on from November 8th to Novemember 11th and the Halo Master Chief Collection Invitational is being played there.

Right, but the top link people are seeing is http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/08/ign-is-streaming-halo-fest-on-monday when googling "halofest tournament" and the like.

And there you see again, the date of the tournament is in the article but no stream time.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Dumb question, but is this the first time we will be seeing portals back in official tournament Halo since Halo 2?

Reach used portals on a Warlock forge remake, Beaver Creek, Damnation, and Redemption during MLG.

Only one of them.  There's still a lot of people that don't use Twitter.

What's their address then I will personally send them a letter of each of Beyond's tweets for you because it seems like that's the level of service you'd like out of the staff. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why isn't it a Red Spartan though???

There in Los Angeles and must pay their respects to the crips.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

What's their address then I will personally send them a letter of each of Beyond's tweets for you because it seems like that's the level of service you'd like out of the staff. 

It's unreasonable to ask for a banner on the front page of the site that says there's a tournament today and at what time?  Really?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's unreasonable to ask for a banner on the front page of the site that says there's a tournament today and at what time?  Really?

There's a calendar on the front page of the site. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1