CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Too many stacked teams to predict this seriously, but:

Lethul and formal to shit everywhere. BtH top 3.

Optic v StK final.

Some serious trash talk from Gandhi and crew. Probably finish last tho.

TcM to turn heads.

An all-around awesome weekend for Halo!

Warriors top 1

#gethyped#lethulmostunderratedplayerever#wiiback#flamesbeardisglorious

• Upvote (+1) 2

Purple Rain is a joke in so many ways.

1). most have funny personalities.

2).they are going to get wrecked xD

3). Maven (lol)

My logic votes for Optic but my heart votes for purple rain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My love for purple rain went down about 75% when pucket and sundance went

• Upvote (+1) 9

I predict The Agency top 1. I feel like that team of four will really mesh well together.

Purple Rain should not be allowed as a team. It's a disgrace to halo and all of the other gamers out there that put a lot of time and money into it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

In a few hours ill be driving down to London to catch my flight to Cali Friday morning, Cant wait for this event people, will be nothing like the level i've ever competed at and buzzing to see everyone i got on with at PAX! Be sure to check my MCC minitage that's getting released in around 4 hours from Snipetality... will be streaming Halo from the 11th (the day i get back from Cali), hit us up and support everyone who's competing this weekend, safe people! dank

Twitter: TCM_Chalkie

See you there ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Formal is gonna walk in there with 0 halo practice and just wreck people. 

I am honestly hoping that Optic wins their first matchup bc second round would be Optic vs. BtH AKA - Ace vs. Lethul. That would be my favorite matchup besides Ghandi vs. T2

• Upvote (+1) 1

In a few hours ill be driving down to London to catch my flight to Cali Friday morning, Cant wait for this event people, will be nothing like the level i've ever competed at and buzzing to see everyone i got on with at PAX! Be sure to check my MCC minitage that's getting released in around 4 hours from Snipetality... will be streaming Halo from the 11th (the day i get back from Cali), hit us up and support everyone who's competing this weekend, safe people!     

Twitter: TCM_Chalkie

Good luck Chalkie!

Purple Rain should not be allowed as a team. It's a disgrace to halo and all of the other gamers out there that put a lot of time and money into it.

How so? Ghandi was a great Halo pro when he played and it was his team to pick. You have to understand that people love Ghandi and Maven and people WANT to watch them. If this was HCS and they were put in without qualifying because of the personalities on the team then you would have a fair point but it's not. It's an invitational that is supposed to be a fun preview to the game and to build hype for MCC. It's much easier to build hype and get people to watch when it is Ghandi and Maven rather than some up and coming team no one has ever heard of or cares about. 

Those teams time will come. This event though is really more about building hype for the game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good luck Chalkie!

How so? Ghandi was a great Halo pro when he played and it was his team to pick. You have to understand that people love Ghandi and Maven and people WANT to watch them. If this was HCS and they were put in without qualifying because of the personalities on the team then you would have a fair point but it's not. It's an invitational that is supposed to be a fun preview to the game and to build hype for MCC. It's much easier to build hype and get people to watch when it is Ghandi and Maven rather than some up and coming team no one has ever heard of or cares about. 

Those teams time will come. This event though is really more about building hype for the game.

Your exactly right, before people slam Ghandi, go watch his podcast where he talks about why he picked the original team he did. 

People want to watch him and Maven. They are entertaining, LegiQn is part of 'The Crew' and they collectively have a bigger following than Optic Gaming. They could easily pull tons of viewers with just LegiQn alone! Not to mention Legion is actually a pretty solid halo player... and of course Sundance and Puckett both could pull some serious viewers, but they both backed out. 

Ghandi basically said he did it 1 for entertainment and 2 to try and grow the community and pull in more new viewers that maybe haven't seen competitive halo before. Pretty smart move IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I predict The Agency top 1. I feel like that team of four will really mesh well together.

They've been doing very well in scrims. I'd have to think they're gonna surprise people. Not my favorite team, but you can't argue against results.

I asked this a few pages back and I'm sure it just got piled under an avalanche of yesterdays news, but is there an online bracket available somewhere that let's you choose who you think is gonna win?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, what individual players do you guys think will do the best, regardless of teams?

I was only seriously into competitive Halo from Halo 2- the beginning of Halo 3, so I don't know a lot of these guys. I hear a lot about Formal being awesome. Who else? I heard some great things about APG, and of course, Ogre 2 and Pistola will do well.

So, what individual players do you guys think will do the best, regardless of teams?

I was only seriously into competitive Halo from Halo 2- the beginning of Halo 3, so I don't know a lot of these guys. I hear a lot about Formal being awesome. Who else? I heard some great things about APG, and of course, Ogre 2 and Pistola will do well.

I think Naded, Legit, Snakebite and Snipedown will do well. Along with some of the players you said Ola and 2gre, also I think one of the players(if not several)on the Agency will perform beyond expectations.

Some of the players I am skeptical about though are Formal, VicX, Royal 2, and T2. No reason really just have a feeling they might not do so good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

VWS FTW :) sorry can never root against my son besides he's one helluva h2, h3, reach and h4 player.

Chalkie and the boys from TCM are real and have more H2a Lan time than any team, won in Europe and played well in the states Chalkie is as good with snipe as anyone. EX was stacked at Pax I see more of a spread of talent here and no Strongside who lets face it put on a clinic for H2 against VWS that was a joy to watch.  VWS played them tough and got better as the games went on. I really look for VWS to make some noise... they elected not to change any players for a reason.

Having said that, a lot of my favorite players other than my son are playing. I love Heinz I think he is one of the best obj players out there, and say what you want about Tyler he works hard and is a great player, I wish them all well. And Lxthul, Ace all the guys that I have raided with recently in Destiny they really are great guys don't let Lxthul's [email protected]#$ talk fool you he's a cool teddy bear dude with a mean hand cannon.

Most importantly HALOISBACK

PapaMikwen

PapaMikwen you are the best, I think they can definitely make some noise. Tough opening matchup against StK but I think they may shock some people! I think whoever wins between VwS and StK will be in the finals! 

UGC has partnered up with Twitch and 343. It is now a 20k event!   #WeBack 

And as expected it is now a H2 ANNIVERSARY event rather than H2C, which I'm sure will upset some people, however... it is for the best considering the doubling (and potentially even more) of the prize pool, and the fact that it is another solid event added to the HCS schedule. Personally I'm absolutely fine with it.

:halo:  :chiefdancing: 

Do the invited teams get HCS points? Is this weekend the start of the season? 

I don't think so. At least I haven't seen anything at all discussing that. I think they wan't those style of tournaments to be open to all competitors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol hey I taught Mikwen how to play Halo Combat Evolved and signed waivers and stayed within 6ft of him in 2006 MLG Chicago...I'm not just a dad I am a hardcore gamer.

• Upvote (+1) 5