CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

The Agency squad definitely seems like they are being overlooked by a lot of people in this thread... like I'm seeing 6th and 7th place predictions for them! Chalkie acknowledged FiS and Hysteria's ability on H2A and Ninja will be solid in a H4-kinda game (mechanics wise), plus i'm not worried about Vic X he will be fine. I think Agency can certainly be a top 3 squad at this event. 

Either way super hyped for this event.. great to see a bunch of big names back and a solid number of highly competitive teams that will launch the rebirth of our favorite gaming franchise :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

STK looks bad but I'm not worried, I havent been consistently watching with the NBA being back but the communication just seems poor and thats an easy fix.  

FiS and Victory X should never not team together, one of my favorite duos

StK has won the last 3 games, series is 6-4 or 5-5 depending on who you ask  :kappa:

Agency needs to work on Ball.

So how long after release are ogre 2 roy and pistola back together

Ola is on a team that gets him quite a bit of visibility, and I expect them to be pretty damn good. I would love to see them back together, but don't see it happening. 

It still blows my mind how much $$ all these guys couldve made if they put 1% more effort in outside of just showing up to an event and taking home a check.

I have Triggers Down in a vector if anyone wants it. Fuckin embarrassing but I had a designer do it in vector so I could print out a poster for my room. I don't have Illustrator anymore though so I can't open it and save it as a PNG. 

TFW fanboy

I don't find that any more embarrassing than printing out your favourite sports team logo on a poster.

Actually, a football / baseball / soccer (read: football, lol) would be worse, I think, because at least with Halo, you engage in the activity yourself so you're not just a "backseat driver", as it were.

EDIT: I have all the Adobe products, as required by work. If you send it to me, I can make a banner for them.

I've never made them before though, so I don't know: are there size requirements? Filetype requirements (e.g. do PNGs work on this site or must it be a GIF?), etc.

Ola is on a team that gets him quite a bit of visibility, and I expect them to be pretty damn good. I would love to see them back together, but don't see it happening. 

It's not completely up to Ola though. I mean, anyone would be a fool to drop him unless for whatever reason he plays like crap (which I doubt will happen), but still... anything could happen, and if this Optic team is just a one-off roster, I could totally see Ola and 2GRE at least teaming up, especially considering it's Halo 2(ish) and the future & possible Halo CE & Halo 2 events, which greatly play to 2GRE's strengths.

It still blows my mind how much $$ all these guys couldve made if they put 1% more effort in outside of just showing up to an event and taking home a check.

It is way more effort than 1% and really more difficult than you make it out to be.  When H3 was at its Prime there was no Twitch.  I would have literally creamed my pants if I could have seen the numerous amount of Pro Players and teams back then stream if that really existed back then.  But it didn't.  I still remember having to settle for gameplays uploaded on fileshares and MLG VoD.  And no really need to talk about YouTube since it takes even more effort to make money through YouTube when doing Halo content.

CoD really got lucky.  Twitch was a usable resource to not only get viewers, but get money of subscribers when they hit their Prime.  And it is difficult to compare both of them in current times since the median age of Halo Pros is a lot higher than CoD Pros.  

Only if Twitch existed during H2 and early H3...

How come Neighbour isn't going, anyone know? Would love to play him, sound guy at PAX

I'm not sure why he isn't going. Only thing I could think is he works for 343? Would have been cool if they sent a team, Ghost, Neighbor, Dersky, Strongside... they could compete for sure. And probably practice the game early haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not sure why he isn't going. Only thing I could think is he works for 343? Would have been cool if they sent a team, Ghost, Neighbor, Dersky, Strongside... they could compete for sure. And probably practice the game early haha

What if that's the Halo 5 beta demo? Winning team of the invitational squares off against the 343i Pro Team in the first live broadcasted match of the H5 beta.

I can dream, right?

• Upvote (+1) 5

What if that's the Halo 5 beta demo? Winning team of the invitational squares off against the 343i Pro Team in the first live broadcasted match of the H5 beta.

I can dream, right?

That would be so sick. Strongside, Neighbor, Ghost and Dersky vs the winning team with Bravo and Goldenboy commentating. HYPE!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hard to bet against Ogre 2 but never count out Pistola.

You can't really count out any of the teams in this tournament, there's talent on each team

You can't really count out any of the teams in this tournament, there's talent on each team

Well, seeing how Royal 2 and Snakebite won last tournament with this much prize money on the line....and Ogre 2 was runner up....and Heinz led the dynasty team ever since?

It's pretty stacked heavily in StK's favor imo. But what do I know.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can dream, right?

It would be awesome, as long as they went by the team name FINAL BOSS because they are the final obstacle in the tourney yeah? They could even practice halo 5 early and know all the callouts and spots before them, giving them an even bigger advantage. 

That would be the coolest way to end the tournament, especially since 343 has some former pros who could put up a good fight against any of those teams

• Downvote (-1) 1

Well, seeing how Royal 2 and Snakebite won last tournament with this much prize money on the line....and Ogre 2 was runner up....and Heinz led the dynasty team ever since?

It's pretty stacked heavily in StK's favor imo. But what do I know.

I think StK would be the favorite if it was h2 classic, but since the game mechanics are a lot more like H4 I think the teams with players who actually played H4 a lot are gonna do well, but obviously most pros won't miss shots anyway, so it may not be that big of a gamechanger

My random guess is that BtH either wins it all or comes in like 5th. The run and gun of ApG/Formal is gonna either be absolutely dominant or be a complete train wreck

Can't wait to hear someone yell at Formal something about "this isn't COD" 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1