CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Few thoughts..

1. I still think StK is the sickest team name of all time, glad its coming back

2. Despite Optic having the best team on paper, I don't think they'll see dominant success. Sure they'll be a top 4 team consistently and probably take this event on talent alone, but I think they'll get caught up in the youtube scene. Hopefully not though

3. Roy, but no Lunchbox?

4. Don't sleep on The Agency, I don't like Ninja but that Victory, FiS, and Hysteria trio is filthy

5. Surprised that there's no Enable or SK

6. Walshy and Elamite coaching? Come on, man

7. My projected placings

1. Optic Halo

2. BtH

3. The Agency

4. VwS

5. StK

6. Str8

7. Purple Rain

8. TCM (Never heard of any of these guys, are they reach kids or international or something?)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Few thoughts..

1. I still think StK is the sickest team name of all time, glad its coming back

2. Despite Optic having the best team on paper, I don't think they'll see dominant success. Sure they'll be a top 4 team consistently and probably take this event on talent alone, but I think they'll get caught up in the youtube scene. Hopefully not though

3. Roy, but no Lunchbox?

4. Don't sleep on The Agency, I don't like Ninja but that Victory, FiS, and Hysteria trio is filthy

5. Surprised that there's no Enable or SK

6. Walshy and Elamite coaching? Come on, man

7. My projected placings

1. Optic Halo

2. BtH

3. The Agency

4. VwS

5. StK

6. Str8

7. Purple Rain

8. TCM (Never heard of any of these guys, are they reach kids or international or something?)

Umm did you watch Pax? TCM will make slight work of Purple Rain if they play, most obviously.

Call me a fanboy, but I am hoping against hope that Purple Rain beats Str8. I'm also looking forward to the trash talk. Couldn't really care less about who wins frankly, but I'm really excited that this tournament is happening.

3. Roy, but no Lunchbox?

Lunchbox has a kid now, and both of them have voiced on Twitter that they're not too interested in making a comeback.

TCM is a top 4 team imo. I guess you missed PAX? haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also to the questions about Enable. He is trying to qualify for S1 for AW. He can't compete in the invitational so Curse can qualify.

The dilemma I'm running into is trying not to fanboy too hard over the return of players like Gandhi and T2 (as far as competing goes) and looking at the guys who have actually consistently been playing Halo. 

For example, guys saying "who are TCM? Some H4 scrubs?" when in reality they will most likely make easy work of players like Roy and T2 who haven't been playing, whereas back in the day that would be a no-brainer.

(I will probably still fanboy hard and be thoroughly disappointed) 

We simply cannot predict the placings from outside of the top 2.. its just not possible. For anybody to say that some of these players combined (which we've never really seen besides obvious duo's) are better than other groups is just asinine. The only things I could honestly guarantee, within reason, is that StK and Optic Halo will be 1 and 2. Between 3-6 is a tossup.. all of the teams (VwS, BtH, The Agency, and Str8) are pretty solid teams. I feel like how some of the teams gel together would determine 3-6..

TcM is good, but compared to the american players they're not good enough. The ONLY thing that gets them out of 7th is if Str8 has a meltdown and because they've played the game in two different tournies now.

Purple Rain.. Shouldn't it be Purple Reign??? will be a short lived tourny life for them.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you say that though?

TCM played everyone at pax tough and that was the first time they played in America, I could honestly see them doing really well if things go their way.

The simple way to answer this, is because the level of Comp at Pax wasn't that great. they placed 4th, and the teams that placed worse than them are not very good players. They (TcM) did not impress me. The reason why they were close with VwS is because that series went 5 hours, which definitely helped them because they already played a full tourney in Germany before Pax.

• Upvote (+1) 3

:weback:

You know we are back when a group of random people (myself included) start throwing slight digs at each other about who knows more about how different teams/random people you will never meet in your life will play in a video game tournament.

Also to top that off, 'Merica. 

Since everyone has sort of picked a team they think will win/want to win. Would anyone be willing to make some of these for a couple of the teams?

K2YVYyc.png

I would do it myself, but I have no clue how lol. I think Tickle made alot of these back in Halo 4 and they were quite popular. I'm sure quite a bit of users would use them in their sig. 

Hopefully we get a bracket before the tournement, most likely won't happen but would be cool to see if anyone can 100% predict placings =p

prolly cause you have str8 4th so you're instantly wrong and this doesn't matter.

haha bitches be hatin

Since everyone has sort of picked a team they think will win/want to win. Would anyone be willing to make some of these for a couple of the teams?

K2YVYyc.png

I would do it myself, but I have no clue how lol. I think Tickle made alot of these back in Halo 4 and they were quite popular. I'm sure quite a bit of users would use them in their sig. 

@

I want another moment like this... Exactly. Like. This.

Is there a clip of this?

K2YVYyc.png

I could give them a shot this weekend if I have some free time. This semester has been non stop for me but I could try and throw some together one night. Probably won't be 100% the same thing but will be in the same style. No guarantees though :( 

APG is going to take a fat dump on everyone with the H2A hitscan BR probably wont lose a WarLord CTF/Slayer game. BtH is the ulitmate degenerate dream team.

1. BtH

2. Optic (BtH is just better)

3. StK(not impressed with Royal2 and SnakeBite)

4. VwS (solid team but I dont see them having enough team work to place top3)

• Upvote (+1) 3