CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Remember that MLG Halo 4 pre-release tournament which I'm pretty sure was co-sponsored by Microsoft and/or 343i as there were 343i employees there?  It meant so much for the competitive future of Halo 4.

I'm jealous that I can't play in these events and that the teams invited get free money and the teams are picked based on friendships or their placings years ago or some other unrelated factor.  No doubt that most of the players invited will be great and former pros and deserve to be there, but undoubtedly some won't, there will probably be players like the Suddoths or some all girl team or Europeans (best in their part of the world, but not top 8 over here).  Plus this is a new game, who knows who the top 8 teams might be nowadays and any former pros could be complete ass at H2A and there really hasn't been solid pro teams since Reach.  Also they have already done 2 of these invitational tournaments.

TL;DR - I'm jelly, let me play.

Understandable that you want to get stuck in right away as does everyone but being pre-release there are obviously other motivations at play.

I'm for sure not going to look a gift horse in the mouth when they're paying $50k to entertain and hype everyone the fuck up the weekend before release.

LEGIT PRELEASE

GONE GOLD

GONE GOLD

GONE GOLD

GONE GOLD

GONE GOLD

GAME TO HAVE THE TOURNEY

oh and H5 beta....please let the pros be more critical this time around when testing it, no more H4/Reach fiasco  :S

• Upvote (+1) 1

Screw the tournament. Don't get me wrong, it's a great sign of what's to come but H5 beta gameplay from pros will show us a glimpse of the future of Halo eSports and I'm pumped for that!

Inb4 ppl lose their shit because of 1 flaw in the h5 beta

You missed that train after the first trailer

I'm hyped for this event, but i'm not going to be expecting the greatest gameplay i've ever seen from the halo 5 beta... It's 2 months before they even release the beta. I'm not going to be upset if we see some bugs or low quality graphics.

You missed that train after the first trailer

Edit: misread your post

This is a new train, hop on if you wanna dodge the bullshit

I'm hyped for this event, but i'm not going to be expecting the greatest gameplay i've ever seen from the halo 5 beta... It's 2 months before they even release the beta. I'm not going to be upset if we see some bugs or low quality graphics.

inb4 "it's a pre release build" like we heard 100000 times during the H2A tourney

of course they're gonna stream halo 5. the entire event is a publicity stunt organized by the developer to sell their games, why would anything be private

and hopefully they'll invite some proper teams this time around. last MCC tournament had a bunch of no-name squads competing up through the final rounds(or maybe i'm just out of touch)

H2A is really getting the push. Idk how easy it's gonna be to keep H2C and CE as factors in the Halo competitive community when the machine is so behind H2A. Pros are gonna chase the money.

Its gonna be confusing as hell for competitors going from a pre-release H2A tourney to the IG/UGC H2 tournament just a short time after. I dont know how many more MCC tournaments 343 will have so its hard to tell if H2A will be really pushed after release.

Obviously the H2 die-hard in me wishes for H2 to be the main 4v4 game once again, but I will support H2A tournaments as well because it could help grow the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 announced the #Halo Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational tournament today! So stoked to compete! That brings up the question: What's your favorite Str8 Rippin line-up of all time? #Str8 #MCC

• Upvote (+1) 3

Team Captains announced, they will proceed to choose their rosters themselves.

Ninja

Gandhi

Naded

T2

Riotz

Flamesword

Formal

Heinz

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/bulletins/the-halo-bulletin-the-elite-eight

EDIT: Quote from the article "Please note that some elite players that you may expect to see on this list were omitted because another team captain had communicated that they had an interest in selecting them for their team. What I’m trying to say is that OGRE2 may be in attendance."

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ninja? Formal? Dudes are about to be HEATED laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

50k in prizing. Original post was misleading

I still cant get over Flameswords' beard.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This will probably being the format for future ESL events. Have online qualifier tournaments top 8 hopefully top 12-16 teams get invited to a ESL tourney like HaloFest.

There aren't going to be Open Events anymore its just not possible, but M$ Is to be blamed for that by not having offline profiles. Events would be a total disaster if 343 had to make bogus profiles for every player on 150+ teams, then make specific tags once the the tourney gets to 8.

If the custom games are played on dedicated servers I can see online tournaments being lots of fun and cost efficient for players.

• Upvote (+1) 3