CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

too much hype - I'm really excited to see what 8 teams were created and invited!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really dislike all of these invitational events.

If 343i continues to run invitational tournaments after MCC is released I will agree with you. But considering the game has not been released yet, I am okay with them running invite only tournaments. Let's be honest here, they are doing these tournaments to create hype for MCC/H5/HaloEsports, not to let 128 teams duke it out to see who the best Halo players are. I am just happy that 343i/MS seem to be ready to dive into the Esports world head first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

well i mean its going to be H2A... not to much to get excited about... unless its h1 2v2s or h2 4v4s me and a lot of other people won't be very interested in watching.

Halo 2: Anniversary is proper Halo again, I don't get why people aren't understanding this? The only bad things about the game are the lack of maps, and the grenade hitmarkers. Other than that, is there honestly anything to separate this from the other good titles in the series? Like obviously things such as the spawn system remain to be seen whether they work or not, but from everything else I've seen, the game looks sick. 

Anyone else with me on this?

• Upvote (+1) 7

As long as during this invitational event, not every single pro that's interviewed shouts "HALO IS BACK BABY, WOO, BEST HALO GAME EVER" and it turns out to be shit.

Halo 4

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wrong. It's what H4 could have been.

Halo 2: Anniversary is proper Halo again, I don't get why people aren't understanding this? The only bad things about the game are the lack of maps, and the grenade hitmarkers. Other than that, is there honestly anything to separate this from the other good titles in the series? Like obviously things such as the spawn system remain to be seen whether they work or not, but from everything else I've seen, the game looks sick. 

Anyone else with me on this?

343 did say they had a much more traditional Halo build before they changed it to what Halo 4 is now...and said people loved the traditional build. I would almost assume H2A is that, the original build of Halo 4:)

So its confirmed they are actually going to stream the beta? Or do only the winners get to play/see it?

Wrong, 10k-15k people watched the Halo 2 Anniversary PAX invitational tournament. Considering that the PAX even was plagued by huge downtime between matches, and numerous match restarts (due to an unstable game), I would say there is plenty interest in watching another H2A tournament.

i thought we hit 27k at the one event?

• Upvote (+1) 3

i thought we hit 27k at the one event?

Actually, you are right. Need to edit my original post.

I seriously can't tell if sarcastic.

It's pre-release, let me say that again;

events

before

the

game

is

even

released

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Laughing-In-Donnie-Darko

ecstatic.gif

e.t.c.

I'll take this one since I plus repped him. I agree with him despite it being a pre-release tournament, and I just don't think he worded it as well as he could have.

He's not saying this is a bust, or the tournament will suck being invite only. I took it as "I wish the invite only events were open format so I can go and compete". So this is a pre-release tournament, and it's understandable that it's not open to the public, but REGARDLESS of this event some previous ones were invite only and others were held at various conferences that were difficult for players to attend.

The dude is hungry to compete and would probably travel to this event if they allowed it. I'm the same way, so while this is a great pre-release event that showcases a wonderful game, I'm with cizzats where I just want to compete. Our annoyance comes from wanting to play. I've always disliked the notion in the Halo community where if you weren't a pro or dick rode certain players, than you equated to nothing in the community.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So its confirmed they are actually going to stream the beta? Or do only the winners get to play/see it?

At some point during the 3 days of "Halo fest" the first look at the beta will be on stream. But it says in the tournament details that the teams are competing for a chance to play in the beta. Also this

• Upvote (+1) 1

IGN news daily + MCC downloaded on my Xbox + Halo documentary + Halo Invitational + Halo 5 being playable

I can't handle the hype!

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm hoping another EU team will be invited, I'd imagine it'd be TCM again but they haven't received the invite as of yet, as far as I'm aware. 

I'm insanely hyped for this event. I'm going to be cheering and eSports fanboying the whole time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Back to your regularly scheduled "WEBACK"

It's spelled "Wii back"

But this is going to be fun to watch until everyone loses their mind over something being wrong with Halo 5

I seriously can't tell if sarcastic.

It's pre-release, let me say that again;

events

before

the

game

is

even

released

e.t.c.

Remember that MLG Halo 4 pre-release tournament which I'm pretty sure was co-sponsored by Microsoft and/or 343i as there were 343i employees there?  It meant so much for the competitive future of Halo 4.

I'm jealous that I can't play in these events and that the teams invited get free money and the teams are picked based on friendships or their placings years ago or some other unrelated factor.  No doubt that most of the players invited will be great and former pros and deserve to be there, but undoubtedly some won't, there will probably be players like the Suddoths or some all girl team or Europeans (best in their part of the world, but not top 8 over here).  Plus this is a new game, who knows who the top 8 teams might be nowadays and any former pros could be complete ass at H2A and there really hasn't been solid pro teams since Reach.  Also they have already done 2 of these invitational tournaments.

TL;DR - I'm jelly, let me play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll take this one since I plus repped him. I agree with him despite it being a pre-release tournament, and I just don't think he worded it as well as he could have.

He's not saying this is a bust, or the tournament will suck being invite only. I took it as "I wish the invite only events were open format so I can go and compete". So this is a pre-release tournament, and it's understandable that it's not open to the public, but REGARDLESS of this event some previous ones were invite only and others were held at various conferences that were difficult for players to attend.

The dude is hungry to compete and would probably travel to this event if they allowed it. I'm the same way, so while this is a great pre-release event that showcases a wonderful game, I'm with cizzats where I just want to compete. Our annoyance comes from wanting to play. I've always disliked the notion in the Halo community where if you weren't a pro or dick rode certain players, than you equated to nothing in the community.

Basically this.  I made the ~10 hour road trip to Dallas for the MLG H4 event just because it was a tournament for a game before it was released and I would probably do the same for H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1