CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Gandhi and maven will be funny shit talkers, but lets be real that is a waste of an invite. Gandhi should have invited Pros regardless if he thinks he is not good anymore. 

We are actually watching 7 teams compete. This was suppose to showcase the elite halo players.

Completely agree man, kind of selfish that they're wasting one of the team spots when there are people who having been grinding Halo for the last few years that don't have the chance to go.

I love Gandhi and everything, but I wish he'd either take competing seriously again and make a proper return, or not bother at all and stick to casting.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I see what people mean, but hey 343i offered it and it may backfire because of their decision. Can't blame a guy for making an easy $1,500 (at least), playing with his friends and getting to compete again in Halo for a game not even out. Anyone here would have taken it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Dude come on, Gandhi was invited to bring viewers to the stream, people want to see him play the game! He has 40k subs on youtube.

I think it is good to have Gandhi because it promotes the game. If they gave it to another pro player maybe Roy or Cloud nobody besides us would have noticed because they never had a big youtube or twitch account.

Why not just give a team to Nadeshot then? He likes Halo, he's competed before, and his following shits on Gandhi's.

I see what people mean, but hey 343i offered it and it may backfire because of their decision. Can't blame a guy for making an easy $1,500 (at least), playing with his friends and getting to compete again in Halo for a game not even out. Anyone here would have taken it.

It's a tricky one. He'll bring in a lot more viewers for sure (guess CoD fans will tune in to see Gandhi, Puckett, Maven and Sundance), but it just seems weird how every other team that's going has a really strong roster (minus T2 who we don't know yet), and this team is the only weak link.

I'd love to see Gandhi commit properly to competing in Halo again, it'd be great.

he wasn't an original invite, I believe he got it because another captain declined the captain invitation.

do you know who declined?

Why not just give a team to Nadeshot then? He likes Halo, he's competed before, and his following shits on Gandhi's.

Why not? I mean we got 7 good teams and good competition who cares if there is only one team which gets eliminated at the beginning. Btw Nadeshot would bring a ton of views but there is already an optic squad which would be kinda weird.

Honestly, even if it seems like a joke team, I really want to see how Gandhi's team does, and is probably the one I'm most excited to watch play.

Really interested to see who T2 teams with as well.

Dude come on, Gandhi was invited to bring viewers to the stream, people want to see him play the game! He has 40k subs on youtube.

I think it is good to have Gandhi because it promotes the game. If they gave it to another pro player maybe Roy or Cloud nobody besides us would have noticed because they never had a big youtube or twitch account.

I agree Gandhi is a great choice, but I am talking about his teammates. However, for publicity and viewers Puckett and Sundance will bring in a many.

do you know who declined?

I believe 2gre did since Heinz also got one, which I feel was a mishap on 343s part because it was fairly obvious they would go together, and they gave it to Heinz because he was the captain of our pick up tD team at pax. I would have been pretty upset if I didn't get to go to the event because of that, when they could have just given it to someone else on the td team. Then enable also declined because he needs to focus on getting into season 1 of the MLG cod league.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I really want to see how Gandhi's team does, and is probably the one I'm most excited to watch play.

They'll do bad.  Nothing interesting or exciting about it.

Some of you need to remember that H2A with an Xbox One controller is going to play a lot different than H2 on Xbox.  I mean, did someone really just suggest that T2/Walshy/SK could "contend"?

he wasn't an original invite, I believe he got it because another captain declined the captain invitation.

EDIT: also I take blame for ace being insane, he has been spending too much time in Skype calls with myself and apg

Your forum signature is very intimidating. 

Guessing RoyBox.

:( 

Find it strange how Roy came back for part of Halo 4, but won't return for MCC. Guess they have to move on with their lives and shit... 

It was enable. One of the devs told enable he was cooking up something with his name on it.

That sucks I wonder what it will take for Enable to come back to halo.

That sucks I wonder what it will take for Enable to come back to halo.

I think him and Formal are gonna have to make a really tough decision at some point about whether they'll stick with CoD, or come back to Halo. I really don't think they'll have the time to commit to both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think him and Formal are gonna have to make a really tough decision at some point about whether they'll stick with CoD, or come back to Halo. I really don't think they'll have the time to commit to both.

Formal won't be making any permanent switch back until H5 at the earliest.  Even with an active competitive scene there simply won't be enough money in MCC to make a switch back right now plausible.  Too much money on the line in CoD right now, especially for someone like Formal who is on a salaried team living in a team house with a roster that will compete for event wins.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Formal will stay for sure, Enable is questionable. Although Enable has a sweet deal living at the Curse house... except that they are probs sick of eachother by now and their team will probs break up.

Formal won't be making any permanent switch back until H5 at the earliest.  Even with an active competitive scene there simply won't be enough money in MCC to make a switch back right now plausible.  Too much money on the line in CoD right now, especially for someone like Formal who is on a salaried team living in a team house with a roster that will compete for event wins.

It all depends how much 343 are willing to throw at events in the future. $50k events like this are probably big enough to justify competing, but I guess with all his sponsorship stuff, he'd get a much more consistent income if he stayed playing CoD. 

I agree though, Formal would have to let his nV team mates down and I can't see him doing that.

Hoaxer and Elumnite are still competing for MCC as far as I know. It would be cool to see them on MCC. Walshy and Elamnite so many options.

I think people are really sleeping on StK. I wouldn't be too surprised to see them face off against Optic in the finals despite VWS and TCM both having the advantage of already played H2A as a team in a tournament scenario.

• Upvote (+1) 1

T2s options right now:

Walshy

SK

Elamite?

Sudd 1

Sudd 2

Str8 Sick

Prototype

Arkanum

Aries

Elumnite?