CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Didn't see this before i posted.. so uh.. Ace you're average as hell. Barely a reach kid, mainly an H4 Scrubby.. go home and stay there

+ rep'd you because someone didn't get what you were doing and negged you lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't see this before i posted.. so uh.. Ace you're average as hell. Barely a reach kid, mainly an H4 Scrubby.. go home and stay there

My message was intended toward the darkness guy, my bad. I will edit and re post on his absurd comment. I went back and read your previous post and fully agree. I will positive rep your previous two posts because of the misunderstanding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

+ rep'd you because someone didn't get what you were doing and negged you lol

I accidentally negged - meant to plus rep. Sorry!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He's a Halo 4 noob and won all his money from a 1v1. Nuff said. Kid has no team work. He was all over the place at PAX. 

So are you disregarding his top 8 finish in all but one tournament in 2009 and 2010 Halo 3 or did you just not watch until 2011 Reach? Also, in Reach he won a tournament and never finished out of the top 8. This post is all kinds of wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't, it only helps. Bring on the shit talk I could always use the extra motivation

You're welcome buddy. :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Wait I thought formals team is going as Nv, or...whatever Formals COD team is called? 

Ace is one of the most underrated players of all time and one of the best snipers of all time. None of you know what you're talking about or just started watching competitive Halo yesterday or something.

If he never won the H4 FFA and if it wasn't the "cool thing to do" to talk s*** to/about him just because people want to d-ride Lethul and impress him over the internet (even though he's kidding/trolling a lot of the time anyway, which people still fail to realize), then everyone would be saying "Ace is great! No one ever talks about him. Supremely underrated" (which is actually the truth).

Please. Just stop.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ahhh the beauty of the unsung hero.. Ace is literally the best support in the game right now, and possibly in history. I really don't know who else it could be. Ghost on Carbon was stellar.. Totz had horrible stats but did all the OBJ work. I guess his big brother was close. I'd take Ace over any other support any day. Stay under the radar, guess he didn't see your montage though

Someone else actually sees the value of Totz? Thought I was the only one. I have a bias for people who call out properly so I liked Totz.

Go watch any Vod with him in it like the 2010 DC series against FB, his mouth never closes

Also roles are stupid and meaningless

• Upvote (+1) 2

This purple rain team seems like they are going to get mowed over...i have a ton of respect for those guys, but it is like every commentator in halo history decided to play with the big dawgs. 

Would rather some wild sudduths on the squad :gandhi:

Sundance as a coach too?

Whose left to commentate???? haha

EDIT: I know who is-->  :bravo: and  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm all about the Purple Rain, everyone's freaking out like "ohh they are going to get owned!!" "they arn't taking this seriously!!"

Are you kidding me? Purple Rain will bring more viewers to this MCC tournament than the other 7 teams combined... They are going to be hilarious. They are going to get knocked out first round for sure... but that's the point.. they are all commentators.. so they will have the rest of the tournament to commentate and help out Bravo and Goldenboy in the booth. They will do interviews and tell funny stories. This is going to be great.

And the Sudds? Are you kidding me? One of them thinks that Destiny PVP is more competitive than Halo if it got ranks.... I just can't say anything else... It's just so sad and cringe worthy. 

T2's team also has the capablity to bring a ton of viewers if he brings some big names, and of course they will probably get mowed over too, but who cares, they will be entertaining. I bet Walshy and Elamite team up with T2.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Purple Rain is just yes. More of that please.

Also Stk? Getting old school in here. 2gre means business.

Could someone make a list of pretty good players that don't have a team?

We need to figure out who t2 is picking up

Imagine

Winner of Invitational...playing against the runner up ...

50 TS - Midship - Halo 5 Beta

9 Players in the Lobby....wait 9?

why the fuck is there 9?

The 9th player happens to be on White Team and so happens to be the POV for the stream

The game starts...

Everyone one stream sees Spectator mode for Halo 5 Beta

I'm not very good at making up stories.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it funny even after ace winning HGC and his montage people still doubt his ability. I mean what more does this guy have to do to be recognized as a top player. But I guess it doesn't really matter, as long as other pros know.

Flashy and Clutch plays are what the viewers are looking for..but as you said anyway "doesn't really matter, as long as other pros know."

I'm not very good at making up stories.

We got that part haha

This will be a fun tournament to watch, but I'm more excited for the Halo 5 gameplay we are getting. Really is going to be the highlight for me. 

So who is the favorite to win the tournament? What do you guys think?

I would say optic or vws. Both teams were in finals at pax and both teams have the highest calibur players.

Updated with a couple more, waiting on OpTic Coach and T2 team then we are set.

Gandhi and maven will be funny shit talkers, but lets be real that is a waste of an invite. Gandhi should have invited Pros regardless if he thinks he is not good anymore. 

We are actually watching 7 teams compete. This was suppose to showcase the elite halo players.

• Upvote (+1) 6

T2, Walshy, Elamite, and SK could be a good contender if that ended up happening.

Interesting, I'd forgotten about SK, but he did say he was gonna return for MCC. I guess Walshy has no choice but to join this team if T2 invites him. Can't honestly see these two playing together though, can anyone else? Also SK was Mr. Triggers Down, can't ever imagine him playing for Str8 (unless he did at some point that I'm forgetting)?

Chig is always an outside bet I guess... 

Also I hate to say it, but Gandhi's team will be awful. I'd really love to see him take competing more seriously, just seems like he's kind of going along for a bit of a joke. I mean, Puckett and Maven? Really? Pretty sure neither of them have played competitive Halo properly since like Halo CE? 

Maybe I'm being harsh. Just a shame that some other pros, e.g. Chig, Cloud, Str8 Sick and Enable aren't going. I think players like this would provide better competition. Maybe not better entertainment value though, and I guess this is what the tournament is about...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi and maven will be funny shit talkers, but lets be real that is a waste of an invite. Gandhi should have invited Pros regardless if he thinks he is not good anymore. 

We are actually watching 7 teams compete. This was suppose to showcase the elite halo players.

Dude come on, Gandhi was invited to bring viewers to the stream, people want to see him play the game! He has 40k subs on youtube.

I think it is good to have Gandhi because it promotes the game. If they gave it to another pro player maybe Roy or Cloud nobody besides us would have noticed because they never had a big youtube or twitch account.