CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

he's not wrong though.... at least about the chat being cancer

I'm not calling him wrong, but I'm just wondering what he wants to achieve. The dude has 800k followers, the best it can do is give Halo a bad image.

Unless he sincerely hopes that Halo Twitch chats will have stricter moderation for future events... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you take any chat somewhat seriously, you're ********. I respect the hell out of Nade and what he's built but thats fing laughable. Grow thicker skin.

I'd say he already is the fps goat. No one else has won major tourneys in Halo and COD. And with this win that is 4 different games he has won in.

Seriously...I mean really? First of all he's not even CLOSE to the "console FPS GOAT" let alone "FPS GOAT" just because he wins a couple tournaments in Halo+CoD IMO. Ogre 2 has won major tournaments in 5 different games(national championships in 4), and is the MLG GOAT. He is really talented but people are hyping him up too soon.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Congrats to BtH. So, with Formal most likely going back to cod because of his recent move to the Optic cod team, who could BtH pick up to replace him? I think their ideal choice would be to persuade Snipedown to leave Optic Halo. Which may not be too hard looking at how they placed 5/6th. Snipedown would be the ideal pickup imo because he has pretty similar playing style to Formal. If not Snipedown they could go for Cloud, who I heard from Ace on twitter is coming back.  

Also, major props to @@GoldenboyFTW and @@Bravo at casting. They both pretty much casted the entire tournament with pretty much no breaks besides the two matches Walshy came on for Bravo. I know for sure not every caster could do that and it really shows how skilled those guys are at their trade. Goldenboy especially has made some incredible progress since he first started casting Halo and people shouldn't take him for granted that he casst Halo. 

Really excited for the upcoming team changes and discussion that will be coming up as well. Also, stoked to see some more older pros coming back. Some that I have already heard that are coming back are: Cloud, Blaze, Chig, Russo, Prototype, Assault, Reliable, SK, and Destin.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Teammates"

the optic gaming twitter didnt tweet at all about the event even when the "optic gaming" team played

FPS GOAT goes far past Halo and console competitive gaming in general lol. If you want to talk FPS GOAT, you venture into games such as CS 1.6, Quake, and more. 

Ogre 2 is still the king of console FPS. No one will match his accomplishments and achievements. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

StK should just drop Heinz and pickup Pistola after watching this tournament. OGRE 2, snakebite, royal 2 and Pistola would be greatness. 

2gre says different. Also, Heinz has teamed pretty well with Ola in the past(Look at TD and Ambush). If they were to pick up Ola, Heinz would be the wrong person to drop.

• Upvote (+1) 4

2gre says different. Also, Heinz has teamed pretty well with Ola in the past(Look at TD and Ambush). If they were to pick up Ola, Heinz would be the wrong person to drop.

I wonder what the big team announcement is. Maybe a Final Boss comeback?

I'd say he already is the fps goat. No one else has won major tourneys in Halo and COD. And with this win that is 4 different games he has won in.

Ogre 2 won tournaments AND national titles in CE, H2, H3, HR and Shadowrun...

Get outta here with this Formal FPS goat BS. In the console FPS world, Ogre 2 is and always will be the  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 4

going to go out on a limb an say they are apart of an org

I've heard rumors of nV or CLG looking to pick up a Halo team for 2015. Again, only rumors right now. But I guess we will find out tomorrow. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've heard rumors of nV or CLG looking to pick up a Halo team for 2015. Again, only rumors right now. But I guess we will find out tomorrow. 

that CLG Kelby guy is always in 2gres chat.

Ogre 2 won tournaments AND national titles in CE, H2, H3, HR and Shadowrun...

Get outta here with this Formal FPS goat BS. In the console FPS world, Ogre 2 is and always will be the  :goat:

Idk if he will always be the goat. If formal goes on to win tourneys in AW and Blops 3(I believe that's the next cod game) he could very well be considered the console FPS goat. Unless 2gre wins some tournaments in MCC or H5, which is quite likely. 

Congrats to BtH. So, with Formal most likely going back to cod because of his recent move to the Optic cod team, who could BtH pick up to replace him? I think their ideal choice would be to persuade Snipedown to leave Optic Halo. Which may not be too hard looking at how they placed 5/6th. Snipedown would be the ideal pickup imo because he has pretty similar playing style to Formal. If not Snipedown they could go for Cloud, who I heard from Ace on twitter is coming back.  

Also, major props to @@GoldenboyFTW and @@Bravo at casting. They both pretty much casted the entire tournament with pretty much no breaks besides the two matches Walshy came on for Bravo. I know for sure not every caster could do that and it really shows how skilled those guys are at their trade. Goldenboy especially has made some incredible progress since he first started casting Halo and people shouldn't take him for granted that he casst Halo. 

Really excited for the upcoming team changes and discussion that will be coming up as well. Also, stoked to see some more older pros coming back. Some that I have already heard that are coming back are: Cloud, Blaze, Chig, Russo, Prototype, Assault, Reliable, SK, and Destin.

After the way Snipedown and his girl acted on twitter towards Ola and MCC I don't want him anywhere near a winning team. Something about rewarding childish behavior. I'd like to see Ola leave that Optic team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

that CLG Kelby guy is always in 2gres chat.

Kelby is an old school Halo guy. He used to be known as "sayocean" on the MLG forums. He has been around a long time. He doesn't work for CLG anymore but I don't think it would have any effect on them picking up a team or not. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

going to go out on a limb an say they are apart of an org

Maybe Ogre2 bought Final Boss from MLG hence why they were getting rid of the merchandise they had.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the optic gaming twitter didnt tweet at all about the event even when the "optic gaming" team played

I am thinking this is because of their close affiliation with MLG, simply put MLG and ESL are competitors.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Neither did any of the players. I'm assuming it had something to do with Mlg.tv and contracts or something stupid.

I am thinking this is because of their close affiliation with MLG, simply put MLG and ESL are competitors.

Its what I was thinking too.

Like we shouldn't rely on Optic helping us out (its appreciated when they do) but it makes little sense why they didn't tweet about it at all this weekend. They live with Flamesword since hes the captain of Optic Halo and former coach of OG. They had Formal there, who just joined the main OG team and h3cz was in the venue.

There has to be a reason why they didn't say anything about it? I think they had a 2k and 5k tourny yday and today though? Still. Its probably related to being signed with MLG. MLG did just remove all of MCC from GB after Puckett/Sundance left Purple Rain. Didn't they leave that once details of HCS being partnered with Twitch came out?

Maybe Ogre2 bought Final Boss from MLG hence why they were getting rid of the merchandise they had.

This is what I was thinking. Would be great if Ogre 2 could continue the Final Boss legacy. 

After the way Snipedown and his girl acted on twitter towards Ola and MCC I don't want him anywhere near a winning team. Something about rewarding childish behavior. I'd like to see Ola leave that Optic team.

I would like Ola to leave Optic Halo as well. I just don't know where else he would fit into.

Don't think he will go to BtH because of all those shenanigans they get up to. Idk maybe he could find a way to team with FiS, VicX, and Hysteria possibly? Maybe replace Str8 Sick on Str8 Rippin(don't think Str8 should drop anyone but it could definitely happen). T2,Ryanoob,Roy, and Ola would be a force to be reckon with though. Would be great to see Roy and Ola on the same team again as well.