CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

I like how Goldenboy painted a picture that last game of Lethul of being a hard worker and telling a story of him somewhat. That is kind of the stuff we need along with them making content to build the players up to have their own fanbases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wasn't Heinz the captain?

He was only the captain because both OGRE 2 and heinz got invites to the tournament. snakebite, royal 2, and OGRE 2 have been a team for quite some time now before heinz joined them right before this event. In fact Naded was with them at one point but they dropped naded for some reason. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How can someone like Nadeshot not know better? It's a Twitch chat we're talking about... I mean sure Halo is bad... but was there a point in tweeting that, except making his fanbase despise the Halo community?
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How can someone like Nadeshot not know better? It's a Twitch chat we're talking about... I mean sure Halo is bad... but was there a point in tweeting that, except making his fan despise the Halo community?

he is obviously trying to paint the halo community in a negative light. Make it seem WAY worse than it actually is. Then he throws in the "cod community would love to see halo back in action to make it seem like hes pulling for us. Its a twitch chat he should just in general say twitch chat is cancer.

Yea, but it just annoyed me to see idiots in the chat saying "BTH wins the first MCC H2 tournament! Formal is a god at H2!" just because they dont know the difference between H2A and H2 which are VERY different games. 

Tourney was fun to watch but dont think this means anything in relation to H2 skill/tournament history.

Oh yeah i wasn't reading the chat, that's really dumb lol

agreed

How can someone like Nadeshot not know better? It's a Twitch chat we're talking about... I mean sure Halo is bad... but was there a point in tweeting that, except making his fan despise the Halo community?

Dude actually got trolled by a twitch chat? LOL

he's not wrong though.... at least about the chat being cancer

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know what you mean, that tweet basically is going to make any CoD player slightly interested in Halo to not give it a second glance. At the same time, the twitch chat spamming "RIP CoD" just makes us look horribly desperate. I want this community to grow, but antics like this is whats holding us back the most. 

Then he throws in the "cod community would love to see halo back in action to make it seem like hes pulling for us. Its a twitch chat he should just in general say twitch chat is cancer.

Yeah, I like how he makes it seem like the majority of that community somewhat cares about us. Without a doubt, half that user base was still in diapers when Halo was in its heyday and don't give a single shit.  Only people that may care, are the ones that moved on to CoD after giving up on Reach/H4.  Dude needs to wake up and realize the stupidity of Twitch and get off the whole white knight guardian of the CoD community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've yet to see any twitch chat with more than a thousand viewers not look like that.  You just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you were in the chat all weekend it was basically "Halo vs CoD" "PC vs console" "PS4 vs Xbox" the usual fan-boy wars over and over again. All the Cod fans were doing were being ignorant little twats, of course the Halo fans were going to shit talk back.

No idea what the point of Nadeshot's tweet was. Like we all understand your point man - a lot of us want to see CoD & Halo coexist. 

But again, and I've said it a thousand times including many times weekend, you CANNOT take anything a Twitch chat with that many viewers says. There isn't any way you can control 40,000+ people, no matter how many moderators you have. Every twitch chat is filled with trolls, racism, spam, etc. because people are anonymous (for the most part) and they know they can get away with it. 

Twitch chat is twitch chat. Do not take it serious and do not even begin to focus on it. It is a waste of everyone's time. 

Maybe I'm a special snowflake but I don't take twitch chats seriously. #aheadofthegame

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe I'm a special snowflake but I don't take twitch chats seriously. #aheadofthegame

Same wisdom can be applied to youtube comments lol.

CoD stream chats aren't any better towards Halo. They're twitch/MLG chats lol.

First thing you do is disable them.

How can someone like Nadeshot not know better? It's a Twitch chat we're talking about... I mean sure Halo is bad... but was there a point in tweeting that, except making his fanbase despise the Halo community?

Hypocrites are funny, not too long ago Nade an Scump were talkin shit about Halo and Flame on their stream. Well, more like taking shots at Flame and bringing things up they didn't need to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Formal ends up on OpTiC on both CoD and Halo, then he may or may not be the fps goat  :goat:

I'd say he already is the fps goat. No one else has won major tourneys in Halo and COD. And with this win that is 4 different games he has won in.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2