CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

Hello, My name is Jordan, or LEGION, or LEGIQN, or, whatever my name is spelled like now and I'll be playing in the MCC launch event here in a couple weeks!

Please understand I'm not oblivious to the game or scene, so don't think because our squad (Purple Rain) is full of funny guys, myself included, that when the match starts we won't be playing to win. It was Scott's decision to throw together this roster, and considering one of our considered teammates can't attend it was better for the community if we build up a roster of people who understand the competition, want to have fun while trying to win, but that can also snatch some views and maybe show some new people how incredible this community really is. As a content producer this is the perfect opportunity, alongside my cohorts in the youtube and streaming scene, to open up the gates for new viewers to this awesome Halo community! We run 8 million deep in subscribers (I'm personally only 500k of that :P), and we're all about pushing numbers for team Halo! Also understand I spent several years grinding the amateur bracket so best believe I think this is an incredible and unique opportunity. All that being said, please don't underestimate my abilities as a player just yet haha! Some people don't think I can hang, but I'm not all about that mindset. 

I apologize for the short rant, but I just wanted to introduce myself so I don't seem like some distant asshole if I end up playing on your screen. I look forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, and competing with everyone for MCC and Halo 5 for years to come! 

Have a great day! 

Good luck! It would be cool if you take a game or two from a team. Just don't let Puckett get the Rockets...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm looking forward too watching purple rain more than any other team. Puckett and sundance? Are you shiting me? Tis gonna be well good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Purple Rain wins tournament

Team renamed to Purple Reign.

Becomes new godsquad.

unlikely, but hey, Halo 1-3 are coming out in 1080p/60fps on dedicated servers with h2 ranking system in 2 weeks.  Anything is possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hello, My name is Jordan, or LEGION, or LEGIQN, or, whatever my name is spelled like now and I'll be playing in the MCC launch event here in a couple weeks!

Please understand I'm not oblivious to the game or scene, so don't think because our squad (Purple Rain) is full of funny guys, myself included, that when the match starts we won't be playing to win. It was Scott's decision to throw together this roster, and considering one of our considered teammates can't attend it was better for the community if we build up a roster of people who understand the competition, want to have fun while trying to win, but that can also snatch some views and maybe show some new people how incredible this community really is. As a content producer this is the perfect opportunity, alongside my cohorts in the youtube and streaming scene, to open up the gates for new viewers to this awesome Halo community! We run 8 million deep in subscribers (I'm personally only 500k of that :P), and we're all about pushing numbers for team Halo! Also understand I spent several years grinding the amateur bracket so best believe I think this is an incredible and unique opportunity. All that being said, please don't underestimate my abilities as a player just yet haha! Some people don't think I can hang, but I'm not all about that mindset. 

I apologize for the short rant, but I just wanted to introduce myself so I don't seem like some distant asshole if I end up playing on your screen. I look forward to seeing old friends, making new ones, and competing with everyone for MCC and Halo 5 for years to come! 

Have a great day! 

I was watching you play with Mikwen the other night. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing you play.

You guys have to understand the only similarity between H2A and H2C is the look of the maps, other than that H2A plays most like Halo 4 except for having descope in H2A. Halo 2 PC scrims mean absolutely nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You guys have to understand the only similarity between H2A and H2C is the look of the maps, other than that H2A plays most like Halo 4 except for having descope in H2A. Halo 2 PC scrims mean absolutely nothing.

Could you sound even more delusional?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 6

No sprint either

Could you sound even more delusional?

How many times have you played h2a?

Does zero times sound about right?

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many times have you played h2a?

Does zero times sound about right?

How many times do I have to play H2A to know that every strat used in the last tournament are the ones that have been used in H2C for years? Zero.

Ace's team was no exception. My point still stands. He's delusional.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I for one would love to hear him expound on that, because thats not a conclusion that I would have come to from looking at the games of H2A that I've seen. Hes played it though so I'd love to hear him go into why he thinks that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Differences between H2A and H2C:

Ball throwing

No button glitches

Upped aim assist(?) and/or bullet mag(?)

Wierd strafing/movement acceleration(?)

EDIT: forgot optional killcams and optional weapon sets

Differences between H2A and H4:

Good maps

No sprint

No descope

No loadouts

No armour abilities

No Boltshot

Lowered aim assist/bullet mag (presumably)

Killcams off by default

Smaller maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many times do I have to play H2A to know that every strat used in the last tournament are the ones that have been used in H2C for years? Zero.

Go for the counterpoint if anything. I'd love to hear your opinion on it considering 1) you've watched it, 2) you're calling someone with high level of experience in both delusional, and 3) you made no good points doing so. H2A is made on a modified H4 engine sooo...

What's the difference between H2 midship and H3 midship strat? besides maybe having to be closer to be effective due to the BR, but the strats reflect the map. No shit teams will try to create the same set up on the same map, even if the game feels different.

Like sure, it's great to have no sprint or descope, but I assume most honestly feel overlook it in the new game because those are the mechanics that SHOULD be in place. However the games pace is nowhere near the same, and button glitches provides a lot of versatility in scenarios. The biggest difference is shooting, since many will claim H2's BR was rather easy due to the auto-aim and bullet magnetism. However, the strafe was so fast people would still miss often, something that has been a big complaint after the H2A tournament. Even in heinz's Q/A I think he said shooting was too easy. 

He's talking about the feel of the mechanics.

On the macro level of course they're going to be similar, it was literally the first time most of the US players had touched the game - why wouldn't you go back to what worked in the previous games. However, the intricacies of the game can be (and probably are) completely different - how have the nades / strafe / weapon aim mechanics / magnetism e.t.c. deviated from the original?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted for OpTic which feels strange in a Halo discussion. I wouldn't be disappointed if StK proved me wrong though. I'm just pumped to watch competitive Halo again!

Go for the counterpoint if anything. I'd love to hear your opinion on it considering 1) you've watched it, 2) you're calling someone with high level of experience in both delusional, and 3) you made no good points doing so. H2A is made on a modified H4 engine sooo...

What's the difference between H2 midship and H3 midship strat? besides maybe having to be closer to be effective due to the BR, but the strats reflect the map. No shit teams will try to create the same set up on the same map, even if the game feels different.

Like sure, it's great to have no sprint or descope, but I assume most honestly feel overlook it in the new game because those are the mechanics that SHOULD be in place. However the games pace is nowhere near the same, and button glitches provides a lot of versatility in scenarios. The biggest difference is shooting, since many will claim H2's BR was rather easy due to the auto-aim and bullet magnetism. However, the strafe was so fast people would still miss often, something that has been a big complaint after the H2A tournament. Even in heinz's Q/A I think he said shooting was too easy. 

I don't have to go into some long post, making a shit ton of points. It's really quite simple. Ace said that playing Halo 2 PC means nothing. This is delusional. It has the same maps as H2A. That already proves his point wrong. It does mean something. How much it means isn't the argument. Ace is just being a weirdo and not considering the obvious.

Yes, the games have differences. I never said otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Yes, some of the strats are the same I'll definitely agree, but also a lot of the spawns are different. I'm saying mechanically, the game feels different.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't have to go into some long post, making a shit ton of points. It's really quite simple. Ace said that playing Halo 2 PC means nothing. This is delusional. It has the same maps as H2A. That already proves his point wrong. It does mean something. How much it means isn't the argument. Ace is just being a weirdo and not considering the obvious.

Yes, the games have differences. I never said otherwise.

Well if we aren't talking about mechanics or taking his whole post into consideration we can focus on the "H2 PC means nothing" aspect. Excluding all the differences in mechanics as well as spawns, H2PC is good practice in order to practice any Halo but Halo CE since those basic principles don't really carry over from 2 into 1. So sure you are getting some practice, but you are playing a game that feels completely different while on the same map you already know.

It's nowhere near as extreme as Halo CE anniversary in Reach but it's sorta similar. Playing original Halo CE would do absolutely nothing to prepare you for Reach's gameplay. If you have a good shot and know the maps great, but surely you see there's more to Halo than that?

• Upvote (+1) 1