CyReN

Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational Discussion

Who Do You Have Winning?  

513 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win HaloFest?

The global Halo Tournament. On Nov. 8-9, the Halo: The Master Chief Collection Launch Invitational, presented by ESL, will feature 32 of the biggest names in eSports going toe-to-toe in Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer for $50,000 in prizes and the chance to be the first to play the Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta. The competition will take place at ESL’s Southern California headquarters, and all coverage will be streamed at Twitch.tv/Halo on Nov. 8-9, with additional highlights airing during the HaloFest live broadcast on Nov. 10.

Also included will be a first look at Halo 5

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/games-halo-fest-announcement?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get it.

Is HaloFest just a stream or is it an actual event like it was in 2011?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Invitational only. So I wonder how people are going to be able to compete for a spot. Things are getting interesting!

So 8 teams (let the speculation begin on who those are) will compete for 50k (20k 1st place prize) and I'm guessing the teams who make the Grand Finals will then also get to partake in an exhibition match of the Halo 5 beta. SO MUCH HYPE chansub-global-emoticon-3a624954918104fe

Edit: Obviously no surprise here but Optic Halo will be 1/8 teams

This really sounds amazing, especially the invitation tournament. ESL running the event means it is going to be fantastic and the team madness can pretty much begin right now if it has not started already. I can't wait to hear some more details in the bulletin. Holy fucking hype.

And yes, we back. 

:halo:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Both :-)

So I can turn up in LA and do whatever like 2011 Halo Fest?

Halo will take over the Avalon Theatre in Los Angeles on Nov. 10, the day before Halo: The Master Chief Collection arrives worldwide

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo will take over the Avalon Theatre in Los Angeles on Nov. 10, the day before Halo: The Master Chief Collection arrives worldwide

That doesn't answer my question.

OH MY GOD!! I really hope we see OGRE 2's team face off against the eX gaming squad this time!!! SO HYPE!!

• Upvote (+1) 3

That doesn't answer my question.

Quinn and Bravo are probably the only 2 people, who usually engage on social media, who can answer your question. I'm guessing it will be in the bulletin tonight. 

The fact they are willing to show halo 5 is really cool. Its going to be telling of the game having two great teams playing it.

Too much hype, can't process the hype.

(I'm sure once the game actually releases there will be far less invitational events, if any)

EDIT:

Also, 343 is really pushing eSports and Halo 5. They announce the beta as "4v4 Arena Multiplayer" and then choose to show the game off for the first time in a match between some of the best players in the world. I really hope the game is good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

(I'm sure once the game actually releases there will be far less invitational events, if any)

100% agree. This is going to be one of those streams where things will have to be moved quickly and I'm fairly sure MS will want to squeeze in as much extra stuff as possible in between the matches. With 8 teams and bo3 until the finals, they can easily plan their stream schedule. Once the game is out, everyone should be on an even playing field for qualifying (if not just an outright open event w/ sign-ups).

well i mean its going to be H2A... not to much to get excited about... unless its h1 2v2s or h2 4v4s me and a lot of other people won't be very interested in watching.

H2A may not be the best game, but people watched H4 and Reach pre-v7. This is way better than that. And even if people skip out on the H2A portion, some of the 8 teams (presumably the teams in the finals) will then get a chance to showcase the H5 beta. I'm sure EVERYONE will be watching that. So yes, there is something to be excited about.