Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

I hope that's fake. It seems like Nokia is the only company who knows how to make plastic cases look good on phones these days.

I actually didn't mind the 5C. Would never buy one unless I was in a situation where I needed a phone quick I'd probably go that route.

forever awaiting the Oneplus Two

Glad they're taking their time. I'm not convinced a lot of elbow grease ever went into the past three iPhone models or even the Galaxy S6. Samsung can provide kickass alternative hardware variations but their jack of all trades flagship phones barely stand out. In fact the S6 Edge should have been the only Flagship released this quarter from Samsung...

My AEKU Mini M5 credit card sized (feature) phone should be coming next week. I've also been cleaning up some drafts for mobile handset reviews on the budget to dirt end cheap scale. Just a different direction to all the smartphone reviews.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, I received both my AEKU Mini M5 Ultra-Thin Card Phone and BLU Zoey II.

Zoey II First Impressions

So far, I think a few important basics in the Zoey II are better executed than the TANK II. Which, in no means, is a "bad phone" (you can get so much worse in other stores). Such as the battery cover, FM Radio Antennae stability, and just /slightly/ better call quality. It's interface is also less inflated, but I kind of blame Bold Like Us for not knowing how to optimize a simple UI for cheap phones with bigger screens. It's battery is puny compared to the Tank II, but takes only an hour to charge so that's a fair trade-off. You can also install Whatsapp and other games from BLU Club, which appeals to developing countries that want cloud services for their Feature Phones. By a shoulder it stands beside Nokia's 130, so far.

AEKU Mini M5 Ultra-Thin Card Phone

To anyone out of the loop, or just now interested, this is by the company who claims to be the first ever maker of Ultra Thin Card-Phones. These devices aren't flaunting gimmicks past thinness, but are no less feature phones in every sense of the word sans WhatsApp Support - why would you use that on a 1.0'' inch display anyways. The phone looks but doesn't feel cheap because it's just a motherboard wrapped in ABS plastic, the face is sealed by this single sheet of bubbled Vinyl overlay: the same kind used on BOSE Stereo Remotes. The speaker is reasonably loud and call quality is clean if not almost too loud by default. It does support hands free and Bluetooth, although the latter is inherently flawed (very short range) because of how close all the antennae's are. For only twelve dollars, this solves the issue of keeping financially distraught individuals connected to basic phones.

Been using my Moto E 4g LTE for a couple weeks now and I am really happy. Such a great upgrade from what I had. It has everything I could want and works smoothly other than a few crashes now and again. Picked it up second hand with no scratches from ebay for 130 euro incl shipping, which I am v happy with

thanks for your help

forever awaiting the Oneplus Two

Same i have had my 1+1 for over 8 months and have had 0 problems and im pumped for whats next to come from 1+

(also rocking the bamboo swap style cover for a while also loving it)

Same i have had my 1+1 for over 8 months and have had 0 problems and im pumped for whats next to come from 1+

(also rocking the bamboo swap style cover for a while also loving it)

tbh, i would be fine even with a Oneplus One. You don't NEED anymore processing power from a phone than the specs in the Oneplus One and other devices that share the same specs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

tbh, i would be fine even with a Oneplus One. You don't NEED anymore processing power from a phone than the specs in the Oneplus One and other devices that share the same specs.

Agree like I said I'm 100% happy with everything this phone has to offer and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a phone

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still here patiently waiting for ARA news. I am going to re-enter the Smartphone ownership when one releases. Right now I'm contemplating my next collected item. 

I need to save up money to get one of these beauties, just released by Kyocera this year. I also switched to T-Mobile since AT&T threw the 50$ down the drain on my data that I filled in two weeks ago...

250x270_2.png250x270_3.png

The Kyocera Rally. Looks fifteen times cooler than most of their Flip Phone options.

@@Spartan0S36, I wish this forum was more popular so more people would see your posts.

Thanks Synyster. :)

Also, Java ME isn't a standard in United States feature phones anymore it seems. All of BLU's basic devices are very stripped down maybe 6-7 year old builds of Java not available in widely retail distributed budget phones. BREW (Like what the Rally uses) seems like the most commonly recurring platform but it's much harder to develop for. I'm not biased against the idea of keeping these kinds of devices simple, but Nokia's 130 and 215 are running a variant of Series 30/60 that run cloud storage and WhatsApp. Which keeps 'Quick Messaging' devices relevant, but BREW needs to support WhatsApp IMO.

The Zoey II (BLU) supports whatsapp, but I have a feeling only a small handful of what Nokia Symbian phones ran will run on this specific device.

Just picked up a Note 4. Already installing CM12. lol

Edit: cant put cm12 on a note without possibly losing some function. so screw it.

Hey guys :) anyone here avid flashers? I used to do a little bit of rom development for the galaxy s2 back in the day. I stopped when I got the htc one m7 because they like to make everything a pain in the Odin with bootloaders and all that jazz. Currently rocking an m8.

I love pretty much anything Google and spend hours a week just researching Android phones (OS and hardware alike) and other brands like Apple to a lesser extent. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :)

Hey guys :) anyone here avid flashers? I used to do a little bit of rom development for the galaxy s2 back in the day. I stopped when I got the htc one m7 because they like to make everything a pain in the Odin with bootloaders and all that jazz. Currently rocking an m8.

I love pretty much anything Google and spend hours a week just researching Android phones (OS and hardware alike) and other brands like Apple to a lesser extent. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :)

I think that I'm going to try it for the first time soon. Looking at CM12 for my S5, but I've heard that there are some issues with the camera, so I might wait a bit. I really should have just done some research before buying my phone, rather than listening to what other people recommend. I wish that I had got an M8.

I think that I'm going to try it for the first time soon. Looking at CM12 for my S5, but I've heard that there are some issues with the camera, so I might wait a bit. I really should have just done some research before buying my phone, rather than listening to what other people recommend. I wish that I had got an M8.

Youll never find an aosp Rom that's fully functional for any sammy phone, just won't happen. I was their biggest fan until the Htc one came out, I didn't ever see myself going back but the gs6 is a solid piece of hardware.

Microsoft gives kid who had fatal injury a free phone, a medium-high range Lumia 640 XL, what do:

1. Be glad that he even got a phone for free
  2. Be glad that he even got out of an automobile accident alive
  3. Allow Engadget to spin this as a PR stunt Morality CheckTM

Hey, not very knowledgeable about phones at all. I have a Galaxy S5--will a USB 3.0 charge it faster than a 2.0? I believe these are the correct names for the cords, but if not I'm describing double prong vs a single one. Thanks.

Hey, not very knowledgeable about phones at all. I have a Galaxy S5--will a USB 3.0 charge it faster than a 2.0? I believe these are the correct names for the cords, but if not I'm describing double prong vs a single one. Thanks.

I think you need a charger specifically for that, I do know some batteries on no-name chinese smartphones are smaller than normal as to charge in under three hours. Qualcomm has two or three models I believe. In other words 3.0 does charge quicker but may vary according to other specifications.

Speaking of cheap, if anyone wants to know, LG still puts out solid Flip Phones on the TracFone (440G/441G) and T-Mobile (450G) networks. Worthy stuff.

The double prong on your phone are two separate ports. The smaller of the two is 3.0, and the larger is 2.0. The 3.0 charges slightly faster, but the real advantage is using the native double pronged Samsung charger that comes with the s5. It has the correct output to feed the S5 at the right rate.

• Upvote (+1) 1