Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

Been debating on buying a Oneplus One for awhile now. It seems like a good phone to keep me off my iPhone for a few months.

At the same time I'm afraid its going to have a successor here in a couple months. Debating :/

It should have a successor soon - like 6 months soon. Either hold out of get a different flag ship.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It should have a successor soon - like 6 months soon. Either hold out of get a different flag ship.

I'll just hold out then. No point in paying $350 now if they release a similarly priced successor in Q3 (I just found an article saying thats when its targeted).

I can only hope they don't do invite systems again.

Does anyone else keep a basic phone as a spare for when you're out at night? I think tomorrow I'll walk aaaalll the way to Wal-Mart to find a fifty dollar smartphone...

Does anyone else keep a basic phone as a spare for when you're out at night? I think tomorrow I'll walk aaaalll the way to Wal-Mart to find a fifty dollar smartphone...

I like to carry my previous phone(a HTC) around with me sometimes. The thing is as strong as a brick, actually, it might be stronger, because I tried throwing it at a brick wall and it was barely scratched.

I'll just hold out then. No point in paying $350 now if they release a similarly priced successor in Q3 (I just found an article saying thats when its targeted).

I can only hope they don't do invite systems again.

Exactly. I held out over a year when I switched the S4 from a Droid X. It's amazing how shitty some of these "flag ship" phones are.

I should, but I don't have one currently. Sold the last one, but I cannot remember the last time I was without a phone?

I missed having a QWERTY Keyboard and decided to get a 30$ ZTE Altair 2, the AT&T GoPhone rebranded variant, which is named the Z432. The OG carrier model uses Cricket Wireless.

I recommend this as an upgrade to the Samsung BlackJack II (I used the A757 Propel Slider, so I consider the Altair a fair upgrade).

z434_frontreflect.png

3.jpg

An American based company (Dural, Florida) that still puts FM Radio Antennae in their basic phones? Sign me the f'ck up. Both my QWERTY and Clam Shell don't even have such a basic feature.

My piece of shit phone finally broke so now im forced to get one, which im kind of glad about. 

Found a great review for the Lumia 640 and it sounds like exactly what i need. 

But then sorta found out about the lack of certain apps on WP and there is a whole bunch of negativity in this thread

http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/2ywhoo/microsofts_cortana_will_soon_launch_on_ios_and/

So now im thinking the moto g or moto e, Xiaomi Redmi 2 looks good as well

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/03/review-the-new-moto-e-is-the-most-phone-you-can-get-for-150/

any input?

Windows Phone application support is growing at a respectable rate, Windows 10 should alleviate those support woes.

I'd recommend the Moto G/E, some models if you prefer a great battery life and don't mind crappy/gimmicky cameras.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I do want a decent camera so thats what kinda puts me off the moto e right now. 

I think if they announce a new moto g it would probably be perfect for what I want. but i dont want to wait months for that. and i guess at the budget level you will always miss out on something, also everything will still be a big upgrade on what i have

Yeh I have heard WP is growing. I dont use any apps right now so its not like I would be losing any by going to a WP. 

The Lumia 1020 is still top notch in terms of camera and you can get it for a bargain price of $105.00-$110.00 (depending on used or new). Its screen is also delicious. 

The reception for the HTC One M9 isn't what I hoped it would be. The camera seems to be taking the biggest hit in all of the reviews. My contract ends in July and I want to upgrade from my M7. Sprint is offering the M8 for free... Ugh, I don't know. How the hell can you mess up developing a camera three times in a row? HTC am disappoint. 

Galaxy S6? Hmmm...

The reception for the HTC One M9 isn't what I hoped it would be. The camera seems to be taking the biggest hit in all of the reviews. My contract ends in July and I want to upgrade from my M7. Sprint is offering the M8 for free... Ugh, I don't know. How the hell can you mess up developing a camera three times in a row? HTC am disappoint. 

Galaxy S6? Hmmm...

I'd wait for the Active sir, it'll have an external SD Card slot.

I'd wait for the Active sir, it'll have a removable SD Card slot.

Samsung stepped up their game this year. The S6 is definitely in the cards for me. I'll sit on this one though and make my decision when my contract is up. 

Thank you very much for the heads up though, Spartan. Much appreciated! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

No problem, the Active Series is one thing I'd recommend above their mainline flagships, smartphone-tablets that can last really matter.

I hope that's fake. It seems like Nokia is the only company who knows how to make plastic cases look good on phones these days.

Why is it that Apple can get away with premium prices on physically lighter but cheaper materials? Is it just blind acceptance?

They have gotten cocky, for damn sure.

So I ordered one of these things on a whim, it isn't the thinness or price tag that got my attention but how effective they are in areas where privacy is top priority.

$_12.JPG