Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

All those great specs and a shit battery, lol.

Kind of like those rich kids who only flaunt their dads swag, never their own.

Or body builder who cries during sex.

I want the Mini variant to actually be mini. Please. For the love of god.

I think I'm going to look for a new phone come summer time because this S4 is driving me nuts.

It's rough though, because every phone seems to have some major flaw, or you don't see the flaw until you get it.

I think I'm going to look for a new phone come summer time because this S4 is driving me nuts.

It's rough though, because every phone seems to have some major flaw, or you don't see the flaw until you get it.

Question: Does your S4 randomly reboot? I had my S3 reboot in rare occasions after I surf the web. Must be the fact it's Jellybean and not KitKat.

Question: Does your S4 randomly reboot? I had my S3 reboot in rare occasions after I surf the web. Must be the fact it's Jellybean and not KitKat.

Not enough for me to warrant concern. It's happened before, but rarely.

htc-gratia-1.jpg

Man I wish HTC still made phones with this design. Sexy tanks I tell you. Before I jumped onto the whole Smartphone boom this was one of the devices I had absolutely yearned for even with its tiny display. The phone looked/felt solid even after removing the battery cover (plus you had that awesome fluorescent yellow shell).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Calling it - no removable battery and no expandable storage.

If they put as much effort into making the phone as they did with that over the top graphic video they could probably make the perfect phone.

Calling it - no removable battery and no expandable storage.

If they put as much effort into making the phone as they did with that over the top graphic video they could probably make the perfect phone.

You'd think by now we'd have wafer thin pop in/out batteries in the thinner phones, this is why I'm so into Project ARA and the Flip Phones in both USA and Japan now. Dynamic design, comfortable, useful simplicity.

Is it just me, or do edges like that look like they're asking to get scratches?

I wish they'd use a matte finish for the digitizers :/ Would that be "Scratch Resistant"? Not 100% but it'd take severe viewing angles to be obtrusive.

nokia-1600-00.jpg

Pretty much my first ever Cell Phone, got it back in 2007. The year when my folks stopped hating the idea of me carrying a phone around.

I think this particular phone sits the closest to Nokia's 3310 in terms of durability, head to head with the 1110.

I Reaaaally wish the S6 would have expandable storage, seeming less and less likely... I don't want to bash Samsung, they still make excellent lower end devices (maybe not groundbreaking, but hell of a lot more diverse) as well as basic phones, but their only interesting Flagship is the S6 Edge and Note 5 though I'm not into semi-tablets. 

As far as the Mobile World Conference goes, I'm mostly interested in Microsoft and Google/Motorola's Project Ara Spiral 3 'Grey Phone' prototype. I need to learn hardware programming so I can contribute to the modular 'master race' era of Smartphones.

The Lumia is a seeeexy phone series.

Also got a Samsung A157 Flip Phone, may also get a mid-low end Smartphone as this one will be my morning walk flippy.

Been debating on buying a Oneplus One for awhile now. It seems like a good phone to keep me off my iPhone for a few months.

At the same time I'm afraid its going to have a successor here in a couple months. Debating :/