Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

I thought the Amazon phone was a great idea at first until I learned that it's not a great phone, you could have grab a $50 - 100 phone with a 2 year contract that would serve you better. 

I fail to see why manufacturers are putting Secondary Cameras on these 50$ Windows and Android Entry/Mid Phones. If they can push 5MP on the rear camera but only 2MP or barely above for the front, then it's the unnecessary twenty dollar hike the thirty for everything else. Not complaining, weird logic I guess.

Just my Two Cents on the matter.

I thought the Amazon phone was a great idea at first until I learned that it's not a great phone, you could have grab a $50 - 100 phone with a 2 year contract that would serve you better. 

Crazy how bad that failed.

Okay guys im pretty new to all this smartphone stuff and basically im poor as hell right now. lol (srsly) What are your guys thoughts on the Nokia 520 GoPhone? I plan on using the prepaid cards because it fits my budget right now.

The phone itself costs like $30 which i can afford

I will be mainly using this phone for

Calls & Texting More so Texting.
Facebook and Twitter.
Taking pictures.
Maybe some simple games but nothing fancy.
I will mainly be using Wifi hotspots whenever i get online.

I know it's not comparable to the high end smartphones but if anybody has any thoughts on this phone please share :)

Not sure what experience you had with it, but besides the trouble w/ apps, I haven't had any trouble w/ the Amazon phone. Works fine as a phone (calling/texting), and I've found the OS on it to run smoother and faster than the Android 2.3 Gingerbread on my old phone.

Okay guys im pretty new to all this smartphone stuff and basically im poor as hell right now. lol (srsly) What are your guys thoughts on the Nokia 520 GoPhone? I plan on using the prepaid cards because it fits my budget right now.

The phone itself costs like $30 which i can afford

I will be mainly using this phone for

Calls & Texting More so Texting.

Facebook and Twitter.

Taking pictures.

Maybe some simple games but nothing fancy.

I will mainly be using Wifi hotspots whenever i get online.

I know it's not comparable to the high end smartphones but if anybody has any thoughts on this phone please share :)

You've got yourself a good deal there. It's not going to perform as well as an iPhone or Galaxy S5, but hey, for $30, you've got yourself a righteous prepaid phone. And as for going online, I'd say you make it a point to always use WiFi unless you absolutely must get online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the chances of the Lumia 435 being released in the States? I have a feeling Microsoft is on the verge of cutting production of phones that still carry the 'Nokia' brand. If they don't just switch names around.

The 435 is a beautiful phone, you wouldn't expect such a smooth running OS and premium look on a cheaper hardware. Well, nowadays you can from everyone, but the possibility of this phone releasing underneath 45$ is something to take into consideration.

microsoft-lumia-435-2.jpg

Also fun fact: This phone is pretty much further assimilating the Asha's design philosophy into Windows Phone. The 532 cements this fact.

Okay, "Nostalgia" time. I didn't have much involvement in Smartphones at the time this was released but I wonder, does anyone still have these sitting in a drawer somewhere?

htc-dream-1.jpg

If so, how does it hold up as a 'featurephone' today? I know, pretty much the first Android phone and from 2009.

I'm really starting to hate my S4 now, mostly due to the heat and shit battery life I've been getting. 

I want to stick it out with this phone for another 8 to 12 months but I'm really starting to get aggravated.

I'm really starting to hate my S4 now, mostly due to the heat and shit battery life I've been getting. 

I want to stick it out with this phone for another 8 to 12 months but I'm really starting to get aggravated.

Easily the worst thing about these thin-body/large-display phones, they always feel nuclear in the hand especially after rooting.,.

Speaking of which Samsung's galaxy series, at least the fancier 5.5+ up handsets (aside from the edge, that's a cool phone) have fallen on the wayside. The compact models line Galaxy Pocket/Young feel *miles* tougher than the thinner and larger flagships...

Easily the worst thing about these thin-body/large-display phones, they always feel nuclear in the hand especially after rooting.,.

Speaking of which Samsung's galaxy series, at least the fancier 5.5+ up handsets (aside from the edge, that's a cool phone) have fallen on the wayside. The compact models line Galaxy Pocket/Young feel *miles* tougher than the thinner and larger flagships...

The one thing I do really enjoy about the phone is the overall size; I think it's perfect, not too big not too small.

But I'd rather have a phone that a little thicker to give me a better battary life - hopefully Intel can utilize their new Core M series and get them into phones considering their fanless and only use 4.5W.

looking to get a new phone. My current one is really old and shit, will probably upgrade to an older generation one because paying over 500 euro for a phone is crazy. anyone have recommendations?

looking to get a new phone. My current one is really old and shit, will probably upgrade to an older generation one because paying over 500 euro for a phone is crazy. anyone have recommendations?

Are Lumia phones available in your country? I'd easily recommend Lumia 1020, 620, and 520. If not I'd recommend the S4 Active, from what I've seen and witnessed it's built pretty sweet.

The HTC M9 Hima will have an overhauled speaker, and closer-resemble the Nexus 6.

Good. Great. It just doesn't for me, sell a phone by its girth.

gsmarena_003.jpg

This may be the official render of HTC M9, IMO this design is probably going to be the basis for subsequent Entry/Mid-range models. It isn't halfway past five inches so, win-win.

I was hoping that, with the shape of the speaker/mic slots, they'd make it so the backing can be popped off from the rest of the phone.

A missed opportunity.

gsmarena_001.jpg

The BQ Aquaris E4.5 is the first Ubuntu Phone, releases next week.

The phone has a 4.5-inch 540x960 touchscreen, an 8 MP rear camera with dual-LED flash, and a 5 MP front-facing one. Powering things up is a MediaTek chipset with a 1.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor, aided by 1GB of RAM. Internal storage is 8GB, and the handset comes with dual-SIM support.

Interestingly, BQ will make the Aquaris E4.5 Ubuntu Edition available through a series of flash sales, the first of which will happen sometime next week. This emulates the model successfully employed by many Chinese companies, especially Xiaomi. The phone will only be out in Europe.

It will be sold unlocked for €169.90 (that's around $192). You'll be able to get a "SIM bundle" at purchase from one of the following carriers: 3 Sweden, amena.com in Spain, giffgaff in the UK, and Portugal Telecom. The device will obviously work on other networks too.

Random observation. I have a Samsung S4, the charger that came with it often slow charged my phone. If the battery died and I plugged it in and started trying to use it heavily it would die again. I swapped in an XB1 USB controller cable, my phone stopped bitching about slow charging, stopped getting hot, and stays alive while in use.

My relative recently gave me two smartphones under the impression that they could be transferred to my provider and plan. The phones were originally on Verizion, and I would like to put them under my AT&T plan. Is this possible? One of the phones is some Verizon exclusive, so I'm pretty sure I can't transfer that one. The other is an HTC One, a phone supported by both AT&T and Verizon.

Random observation. I have a Samsung S4, the charger that came with it often slow charged my phone. If the battery died and I plugged it in and started trying to use it heavily it would die again. I swapped in an XB1 USB controller cable, my phone stopped bitching about slow charging, stopped getting hot, and stays alive while in use.

Sounds like you need a new battery, or the motherboard in your phone is just bugged. I've heard of bootloader unlocking doing this to power management.

HTC One M9 specs leaked as well.

• 0PJA series
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 2.0GHz*4 + 1.5GHz*4
  • 5″ FHD Display
  • 3GB DDR4 RAM
  • 32GB or 64GB ROM
  • Support VoLTE, Carrier Aggregation and LTE Category 6 up to 300Mbps for Download, 50Mbps for Upload
  • Android 5.0.2 with Sense 7.0(TBD for Android version)
  • 20.7MP Main Camera with Dual LED Flash
  • 4MP UltraPixel Front Camera
  • BoomSound
  • Bluetooth 4.1
  • micro SD Card slot
  • 2840mAh Battery

http://wccftech.com/htc-m9s-massive-leak-pegs-complete-device-specifications/#ixzz3Rf6ClDRR

• Upvote (+1) 1