Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

I would love a 64Gb 1+1. Such a beautiful phone. Too bad buying one from the website requires an invite :(.

I had 3 invites and gave them out already I will keep you in mind if I get another because Halo

If you really want the phone you can pay like $50 bucks for the invites on eBay and then buy it / like I said I choose the other and decided to help out the 1+1 forums community.

While the phone may work great for you, the few things I pointed out are still major flaws.

Also, I don't like not having a physical button on the front of the phone.

Most phones don't have physical buttons anymore.

While I agree being able to add to the 64GB would be nice I don't think most will need it.

The battery is bigger than the iPhone 6 and every other phone other then the phablets.

CM11s is a great system and one of the best custom Roms + the phone is only $350 / that's got to be the best deal ever.

Don't get me wrong I understand your points and I would almost agree if I didn't have this phone to test it out like I have.

I'm dropping apple. Sick of their shit lol.

next step is finding a Android phone you want feel free to ask me anything / kind of depends what network you are on ?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Picked up a HTC One (M8) near mid-September when my contract expired, loving everything about it since. Still trying to figure out/understand all of the gadgets/features as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most phones don't have physical buttons anymore.

While I agree being able to add to the 64GB would be nice I don't think most will need it.

The battery is bigger than the iPhone 6 and every other phone other then the phablets.

CM11s is a great system and one of the best custom Roms + the phone is only $350 / that's got to be the best deal ever.

Don't get me wrong I understand your points and I would almost agree if I didn't have this phone to test it out like I have.

The price is really the thing that keeps that phone in talks with the other top tier phones, in my opinion. However, if this phone had a removable battery and expandable storage, I'd consider it one of the best. 

What happens when your battery goes to shit and you need to replace it, but you can't get to it? Huge disadvantage to me.

Even if you think 64GB is enough, eventually it won't be. This happens every year with every generation of storage, especially in the computer world. People say X amount of space is huge, you'll never fill that up and next thing you know it, you need double the storage. No expandable storage basically means you're limited which, in my opinion, is a huge negative especially in the technology world.

Although I haven't been able to use the Cyangen operating system, which I would like to and I'm not against any operating system for phones but you can clearly see in this video it's not as snappy and responsive as other OS's. While that may not be a huge issues it is something to take into consideration but it's also something easily fixed down the road too.

Video vvv

Not having a physical button is a gripe with me personally mostly because if you don't have a physical button it becomes difficult to hard reset, clear, override a program and or factory reset your device.

Other than those things though, this phone is pretty sick and I think if they continue to improve this phone it could potentially become the best phone available.

I'm dropping apple. Sick of their shit lol.

post-34964-come-with-me-gif-doctor-who-i

• Upvote (+1) 3

I had 3 invites and gave them out already I will keep you in mind if I get another because Halo

If you really want the phone you can pay like $50 bucks for the invites on eBay and then buy it / like I said I choose the other and decided to help out the 1+1 forums community.

i would suck your dick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Picked up a HTC One (M8) near mid-September when my contract expired, loving everything about it since. Still trying to figure out/understand all of the gadgets/features as well.

When my contract expires next year, I will be sure to get whatever HTC puts out for their One lineup. I have the HTC One (M7) and I love it! The only problem that I have with it that many others share is that model I have suffers from the purple tint issues when taking pictures or recording videos. This shit absolutely pisses me off because if I'm taking pictures in a dark environment where there is not a lot of sunlight, the pictures come out purple. ASAP Rocky would probably love my phone lol.

I haven't heard any problems with the camera with the M8 so I'm assuming they fixed the issue. But they just abandoned the M7 like a dog. I've had it replaced twice through Sprint and it still keeps on happening. :/

The price is really the thing that keeps that phone in talks with the other top tier phones, in my opinion. However, if this phone had a removable battery and expandable storage, I'd consider it one of the best. 

What happens when your battery goes to shit and you need to replace it, but you can't get to it? Huge disadvantage to me.

Even if you think 64GB is enough, eventually it won't be. This happens every year with every generation of storage, especially in the computer world. People say X amount of space is huge, you'll never fill that up and next thing you know it, you need double the storage. No expandable storage basically means you're limited which, in my opinion, is a huge negative especially in the technology world.

Although I haven't been able to use the Cyangen operating system, which I would like to and I'm not against any operating system for phones but you can clearly see in this video it's not as snappy and responsive as other OS's. While that may not be a huge issues it is something to take into consideration but it's also something easily fixed down the road too.

Video vvv

Not having a physical button is a gripe with me personally mostly because if you don't have a physical button it becomes difficult to hard reset, clear, override a program and or factory reset your device.

Other than those things though, this phone is pretty sick and I think if they continue to improve this phone it could potentially become the best phone available.

That video was 2 months before the phone was even out and they have fixed almost all the issues .

Again i understand your side of the story and the things you like that this phone doesn't have .

I love this bad boy and im super happy with everything i have seen with 1+ /even more so looking at the fact this is there 1st phone ever i would only think things are going to get better form here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's a great phone and it has a lot to offer HTC has been strong for the last few phones but before that they were crap they have upped there game a ton of the last few years.

When my contract expires next year, I will be sure to get whatever HTC puts out for their One lineup. I have the HTC One (M7) and I love it! The only problem that I have with it that many others share is that model I have suffers from the purple tint issues when taking pictures or recording videos. This shit absolutely pisses me off because if I'm taking pictures in a dark environment where there is not a lot of sunlight, the pictures come out purple. ASAP Rocky would probably love my phone lol.

I haven't heard any problems with the camera with the M8 so I'm assuming they fixed the issue. But they just abandoned the M7 like a dog. I've had it replaced twice through Sprint and it still keeps on happening. :/

Yeah, I haven't had that issue with any of my pictures I've taken so far to date. The only way my pictures end up turning purple is if I apply one of the filters available.

that's a great phone and it has a lot to offer HTC has been strong for the last few phones but before that they were crap they have upped there game a ton of the last few years.

Yeah, my friend recommended it to me. It was one of the better deals at the time that Verizon was offering. I was originally going to get something cheaper; but, I figured that if I did that that I would fall supremely behind the cellphone technology that would come out in another year or so. I hadn't even really heard of HTC before the One was being supremely advertised last year or the year before and my friend got one.

That video was 2 months before the phone was even out and they have fixed almost all the issues .

Again i understand your side of the story and the things you like that this phone doesn't have .

I love this bad boy and im super happy with everything i have seen with 1+ /even more so looking at the fact this is there 1st phone ever i would only think things are going to get better form here.

Well, shit, when my contract is up next year and I start shopping for phones, I hope they come out with a newer model. I really like everything about it, minus the few things I mentioned.

I'm going to try and make my Galaxy S4 last me another year and half though.

Well, I am just now reading more into the super affordable Lumia 500 range. The Lumia 520 is apparently one of their highest selling budget range, it certainly does pack a lot more features than the Optimus L3.

nokia-lumia-520-review-2.jpg

Well, I am just now reading more into the super affordable Lumia 500 range. The Lumia 520 is apparently one of their highest selling budget range, it certainly does pack a lot more features than the Optimus L3.

How much and on what carrier ?

are you looking for on contract or off contract ?

How much and on what carrier ?

are you looking for on contract or off contract ?

A1: AT&T and it squares around 50$

A2: I think I'm done with contracts, 200+ USD for a substandard plan, ugh

A1: AT&T and it squares around 50$

A2: I think I'm done with contracts, 200+ USD for a substandard plan, ugh

Depending on how much money you want to spend the Nexus 5 (phone from last year is a great buy and a very good phone)

Around $350 for a off contract phone that is a good phone and still very upto date

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_16gb

Is too bad Verizon has to rub their sack all over it before anyone else does.

EDIT: I know I'm fan-faring the Microsoft 520, but seeing their latest Budget Phone I REALLY hope they follow the 500 series design philosophy for bigger phones in the affordable. This isn't the case as it seems, unfortunately.

Nope. It's just something that hasn't quite been done before.

@Spartan0S36

It really looks like a door torn off a compartment, hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the First-Gen Blackberry Storm...

It really looks like a door torn off a compartment, hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as the First-Gen Blackberry Storm...

I find that the most simple will always prevail. For example, the iPhone.

I find that the most simple will always prevail. For example, the iPhone.

I agree that simplicity + Durability goes the extra mile. Which is a reason I've suddenly jumped onto the Lumia, myself.

Picked up the note 4 last weekend due to two great deals going on.  Was able to get 2 for free plus a $100 gift card.  Love the phone so far.  Was going to switch to t-mobile or at&t for the One but after playing around with cyanogenmod on my s4 I decided against it.  The only thing I really liked about Cyanogenmod was being able to turn of privileges for apps.  Really liked denying FB access to almost everything.  Besides that, it wasn't all that awesome.  Also, no removable battery means you will almost definitely have to replace it in the future.

Anyway loving the note 4.  All apps are super snappy and open instantly.  The phone is large but who puts their phone up to their ear now days anyway?

• Upvote (+1) 2