Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

Apparently Android-N Series (Nutella, Nougat, whatever) is already in the works and will, allegedly, ditch Java support.

Thoughts? Could Android be significantly lighter on the requirements?

Still waiting for HTLM5 to take over.

It's funny how people dislike java and adobe, yet there hasn't been anything to take over.

i have a weird situation. a couple of weeks ago my samsung s7 went to install an update then flipped out giving me a blue screen error saying that i was running an unauthorized on my phone. i was able to get past the blue screen by performing a hard reset, but my phone still shows a "custom" badge on start up and won't allow me to update the software. i havent tried to root the device or modify it at all so im not sure why this is coming up. i was able to install an update this past nov/dec with no problems. i tried a factory reset to clean it thinking maybe it was an app i downloaded or something with no luck. any advice as to why this happened and how to get my phone to stop thinking there is a custom os

i have a weird situation. a couple of weeks ago my samsung s7 went to install an update then flipped out giving me a blue screen error saying that i was running an unauthorized on my phone. i was able to get past the blue screen by performing a hard reset, but my phone still shows a "custom" badge on start up and won't allow me to update the software. i havent tried to root the device or modify it at all so im not sure why this is coming up. i was able to install an update this past nov/dec with no problems. i tried a factory reset to clean it thinking maybe it was an app i downloaded or something with no luck. any advice as to why this happened and how to get my phone to stop thinking there is a custom os

OS Corruption, contact Samsung for a new phone.

hi

I've recently split from the family plan I've had since I was 17 and moved to Texas a few months ago, and I will be getting a new cell phone, and cell phone plan. From what I can gather, the best providers in my area are: Cingular, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, and Sprint. I've looked through the prices and they're pretty much all the same with what I want (a basic plan, a basic text messaging plan, free nights and weekends), I'd just like some opinions from those who already use these companies. How's their customer service? What do you like? Don't like? 

Expressive Therapy For Depression [/url]

Well, now there are hundreds of new phones and they are much better. Even Nokia is running on android now, that's awesome. Many other cell phones have entered the smartphones and the apps for android are also increasing at a tremendous rate. People can get Nokia now and run their favorite on Nokia also like music apps without WiFi, song identifier etc. Moto and Lenovo have brought some cool and budget friendly android phones in the market.

I bought an Essential Phone on Prime day for $250. Its shipping out at the end of the month, but I'm out of the state until the 17th so I won't be able to play with it for awhile. I figured it was time to give Android another chance since I haven't tried it since the HTC10. With the Pixel 3 on the horizon I want to know if I'm ready to make the switch over or if I'll upgrade to the iPhone X2 or whatever they call it.

I'm a big cell phone nerd and I'm currently using the Google pixel 2 XL and absolutely loving it the camera is honestly the biggest plus but over the phone is still top notch.

And the pixel 3 is even better from what I've read.

I've used this phone for my recent travels and all the pictures turned out amazing.