Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

At first I was like, "Whatever, who does anything like that to their phone!"

But now, I'm like, "Fuck, why does it bend so easily??"

I wanted this phone, now I'm not sure.

I put ours out on display yesterday and it's already bent due to a tie wrap being around it.

I put ours out on display yesterday and it's already bent due to a tie wrap being around it.

Seriously???

Can you get a picture of it?

I think this comes down to two things:

A] The media is pretty much a grudge against anything not Apple and insists everyone else is constructed flimsy or just a straight up rip-off

B] Defective units are much more common when there's a steep demand for a rushed release, and the Nexus series is by far one of the most hyped series

I think this comes down to two things:

A] The media is pretty much a grudge against anything not Apple and insists everyone else is constructed flimsy or just a straight up rip-off

B] Defective units are much more common when there's a steep demand for a rushed release, and the Nexus series is by far one of the most hyped series

Orrrr,

That Jerry is a fucking liar. :angry:

Yeah I was just jaded about the number of defects in flagship releases.

iPhone Six Bends, the T-Mobile Variant of the Galaxy S6 Edge has packaging that scratches the display, the 5X is apparently dealing with inverted display bugs.

I Love Apple i Phone...

iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. They run Apple's iOS mobile operating system

• Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah I was just jaded about the number of defects in flagship releases.

iPhone Six Bends, the T-Mobile Variant of the Galaxy S6 Edge has packaging that scratches the display, the 5X is apparently dealing with inverted display bugs.

You'd think someone would have come up with the perfect or near perfect smart phone by now, or at least have all of the kinks ironed out.

The Galaxy S4 was a great phone when it came out, but the leap from that to the GS6/iphone6/Nexus line ect is massive.

322FvM9.png

Project Fi/6P here I come.

Never mind, I guess I don't have enough credit history to pay $20 a month for a phone...

My Note 5 keeps turning off during calls and it's the most frustrating thing ever ffs!

Which is why replaceable batteries are not an asset to interrupt. Planned Obsolescence is always going to be a thing, but do they have to be so loud about it? Stop listening to all the trust fund teens who want their parents to max out credit cards on flagship phones and just make a design that fucking works.

I'm still really pissed off I don't have enough "credit history" to get a phone from Google but every other carrier will let me get one for even more money with higher payments. Fucking stupid.

I hate it when you get a screen protector only to find out it has a fucking defect. Five days after ordering on Amazon.

Just gonna go the ghetto option and apply a goddamn cellophane or whatever.

I just ordered a ten dollar Android from Wal-Mart, this is an alien thing to people apparently, when you could buy a brand new Galaxy Discover for pretty much the same price sans tax and shipping... Fifteen dollar droids existed before, Engadget, they just aren't that heavily talked about.

Are you using it as a daily? Are they even worth it?

You always get what you pay for on the budget end (don't expect lower-output dual core to be amazing), and the phone was initially thirty five dollars or something, and Walmart is very aggressive with rollbacks lately. LG makes better low end than most of the competition. I use a basic as a daily, and keep smart handsets strictly WiFi.

Let's be honest for a second, how damaging is it to the market to be in a duopoly? It seems Microsoft made a controversial move before the Lumia 950/950 XL released. I have to be honest, the porting Android Apps to Windows 10 is still met with unclear reception. That and a bunch of FUD from people who witnessed WebOS on phones become extinct, therefore have this perception that truly new competition cannot ever gain a foothold.

Google and Apple have done a good job making the consumer their dull monkey. But I'm getting a little dramatic here.

Is that thing real?

Yes. I literally cannot steven imagine why anyone would trust a soda company to make a reliable handset.