Synyster

Cell Phone Thread

The Nexus 6p is  :flames:  and waiting to pull the trigger on buying it and selling my 1+1 

That's a funky name. "SixPee", heh...

The Nexus 6p is  :flames:  and waiting to pull the trigger on buying it and selling my 1+1 

Did you get a project fi invite?

I'm waiting for my invite before I pull the trigger. If I don't get it, then I'm going note 5.

Did you get a project fi invite?

I'm waiting for my invite before I pull the trigger. If I don't get it, then I'm going note 5.

While i would love to try it i dont think it would work in the area that i live

Project Fi needs to expand its coverage enough before it can work as advertised, or so I think. Google needs to play their cards right if they're providing services for wireless connectivity.

Project Fi needs to expand its coverage enough before it can work as advertised, or so I think. Google needs to play their cards right if they're providing services for wireless connectivity.

They're piggy backing off of T-Mobile and Sprints networks, there's plenty of coverage.

They're piggy backing off of T-Mobile and Sprints networks, there's plenty of coverage.

And those two companies are even worse in my area.

So I can't get on the goggle network sadly.

Still going to try and get the phone just waiting for the MKBHD review.

I'm on AT&T and it's kind of poopy in my area / Verizon has the best service in my area.

Well, Verizon has the best service everywhere.

And those two companies are even worse in my area.

So I can't get on the goggle network sadly.

Still going to try and get the phone just waiting for the MKBHD review.

Yeah, they're not great by any means; I'm sure Google wouldn't have used their networks if it wasn't worth it though.

That's one thing drawing me away from a Nexus phone though.

So I got an LG Optimus Fuel/Zone 2 (L40 D160, L34C CDMA/GSM/HSPA), and so far, it's a really decent deal when refurbished.

Initial First Impressions

First of all let me comment on this phones size -- if you have not used anything like the 3GS or Galaxy Pocket/Y-Series, this phone may take some major readjustment to. But by no means is this a cheap phone, even if you've been disenfranchised by the Optimus L38C Logic/Zone/Dynamic, its respective predecessors. The phones home button is a physical key that features a distinctive color-changing LED which doubles as a status light. The L34C Fuel is not the thinnest feeling handset yet it has a stable grip for someone with small buggy hands, like mine. Surprisingly; the display isn't a generic chamfered glass/plastic digitizer, but Gorilla Glass 2.

Its memory isn't anything to write home about, at 512 mb and only 4GB (1.98 user end) -- but the Snapdragon 200 is accompanied by a dedicated Adreno processor. This was a rare sight for phones at sub-twenty dollar price and just barely a year old, sold at eleven dollars refurbished by pretty much all of its supported carriers. I cannot for certain, promise that you will use more than four apps at a time with the limited RAM, but Kit Kat sustains a far cleaner and smoother experience than Pre-4.4.2 handsets on low memory in general. I've rode this phone out all day and it hadn't stuttered at all, sans the annoying initial user set up lag. I expected as such though. The Camera is 3 megapixels at 480p video, but it honestly feels less than that. Sound is medium-loud at best, at full blast. The display itself is an IPS panel, and has excellent viewing angles despite low pixel density.

As far as a spare 'droid, it works, and I honestly prefer this screen size for one-handed operation. I use far less apps than I used to, so it doesn't matter whether or not it begins to feel "too small" for me.

Imported the Note 5 to the UK a few weeks back and my god  :flames:  :flames:  :flames:

Spartan,

What are you doing with such a low end phone?

Because I need to keep my "Special Connections" on a disposable model, of course. I review cheap shit...

Actually no, it's entirely refurbished and is around eleven dollars and sixty-five cents... So go shoot...

Should have my project fi invite in about 2-3 weeks which means I'll have my 6P in about a month.

SixPee. It's called SixPee.

Anyways there's supposed to be a Lumia 650 in the works... Hope it actually differs well from the 550, because I assumed the 6X series was merging with the extremely-popular 5X series.

I actually like the Lumia phones, never held one though, not against getting one of those phones but Project Fi has my attention right now.

Don't pull an Apple Huawei, that mess was irreparable...  :kappa:

Google thinks they've fallen behind on the budget Android phones, despite LG, BLU, Micromax, Alcatel OneTouch, Acer... So yeah lets RELEASE EVEN MORE GUYS. BUDGET. THIS TIME NOT FALLING BACK ON CLEAN UI'S AND UPDATE SUPPORT.

I actually like the Lumia phones, never held one though, not against getting one of those phones but Project Fi has my attention right now.

Fuck that. Microsoft phones are the bane of my life. I work at a phone shop and the set up of the phones takes so long it's a right piss take.

Fuck that. Microsoft phones are the bane of my life. I work at a phone shop and the set up of the phones takes so long it's a right piss take.

Well, like I said, I've never used one, so my like is purely through the eyes.

Wow guys, Motorola is back. The Droid Turbo 2 is a legit Nokia 3310.

WHO IS GOING TO TAKE A HAMMER TO THEIR PHONE. DROP TEST IS GOOD.

It's actually astounding how much of a 180 that phone is in terms of Motorola's construction. I can't exactly say the current status quo of fashion to construction quality was ever a thing to be proud of for most of this year or last.

Don't pull an Apple Huawei, that mess was irreparable...  :kappa:

At first I was like, "Whatever, who does anything like that to their phone!"

But now, I'm like, "Fuck, why does it bend so easily??"

I wanted this phone, now I'm not sure.