Nurzo

Top choices for XB1 Headset?

Hey guys, I was looking for a headset and was drawn to astro for obvious reasons. But a dilemma, I went to turtle beach, I owned a pair before, and they are having a heck of a sale. They are having old COD headset sale, I know it's COD and they are branded from old games but a $300 set for $100 has gotten my attention. The head sets are blops2 ear force tango, Sierra etc. while they also have cod ghosts branded ear force specter and phantom. I was curious if anyone has experience with any of these, I'm a bit skeptical since such expensive headsets are so cheap.

The Tango is the same as the xp510 with design and preset differences. Great headset, I don't think you can go wrong there. I think the sale is purely because they are branded with an old game.

I just bought the HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset on Amazon for $69.99 (They are $79.99 now but for some reason they keep changing the price). The list price for the HyperX's was $149 so it's the same as the Astro A40s without the mixamp. I just bought the mixamp to go along with it so in total I spent $196.18. If you're trying to save some money all while getting a quality headset, I'd go with the HyperX Cloud + Astro mixamp.

The HyperX received a lot of good reviews from Amazon (4.6/5 out of 200 reviews) and LinusTechTips reviewed on his youtube channel and he loved it.

EDIT: Just checked Amazon and it seems they discounted the Astro A40s from $149 to $129.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the a40's for Xbox one stereo only? It looks that way...I would definitely want surround sound for that price.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone have opinions on Trittons? Like their 90 to 120(if any) dollar mdoels of Xbox one headsets? Or what about logitechs? A decently cheep, but midrange quality headset that is wireless or wired. dont care which.

Astro is having a sale: http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-headset/A40-HEADSET-ASTRO-GEN2-XB1.html 

Even tho this says gen2 im pretty sure these are gen 1s discounted, the information on the page is completely contradictory of itself.

My question is, if I order these do I need a controller adapter separate?  I am assuming so but I cannot find one on the site.  Can somebody please point me in the right direction?  And quick before this sale end :)