Nurzo

Top choices for XB1 Headset?

Looking to make a headset upgrade here soon and I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has any suggestions as to what I should get? If you have an xbox one let me know what headset you use and how it is. Thanks all.

If you have the money to spend. Astro a40's are probably still the best value for the cost. I just bought a refurbished pair from my local EB games for $170. The xb1 controller adapter was $25. Also paid $10 for a 1 year warranty on them, just to be safe as they are refurbs.

$200 is pretty good for a mid quality headset, with a good quality mic, and a very good amp. I use the amp for my music headphones and love the purchase just for that.

If you have the money to spend. Astro a40's are probably still the best value for the cost. I just bought a refurbished pair from my local EB games for $170. The xb1 controller adapter was $25. Also paid $10 for a 1 year warranty on them, just to be safe as they are refurbs.

$200 is pretty good for a mid quality headset, with a good quality mic, and a very good amp. I use the amp for my music headphones and love the purchase just for that.

Thanks for reply I was considering a40's again as an option but didn't like the bulky adapter for the controller, might have to just suck it up if no other headset can compare to a40 overall package quality.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just thought i'd clarify that i bought 2013 Astro a40's and Mixamp for Xbox 360, then bought the Microsoft XBone controller adapter. Just in case you though i was talking about the Xbone A40's. 360 A40's work just the same as XB1 A40's, just need a controller mic adapter.

I'm not a fan of the Astros Xbone controller adapter either, it that's what you were talking about. The Microsoft one isn't to bad.

These + This. But like i said, Refurbed headset & used adapter to save cost. Works just fine. I know you can get refurbed A40's directly from Astrogaming off of Amazon.com for around the same price i paid.

Just thought i'd clarify that i bought 2013 Astro a40's and Mixamp for Xbox 360, then bought the Microsoft XBone controller adapter. Just in case you though i was talking about the Xbone A40's. 360 A40's work just the same as XB1 A40's, just need a controller mic adapter.

I'm not a fan of the Astros Xbone controller adapter either, it that's what you were talking about. The Microsoft one isn't to bad.

These + This. But like i said, Refurbed headset & used adapter to save cost. Works just fine. I know you can get refurbed A40's directly from Astrogaming off of Amazon.com for around the same price

Thanks for clarification I didn't realize the set-up was that easy for transitioning from 360 to one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have recently thought of looking around as well...and I would LOVE to have an ASTRO headset, but they are so darn pricy. And the MCC headset is gorgeous...

If you don't have a mixamp your best bet is probably buy A40s along with the mixamp. A40s really are some of - if not - the best headsets out there. I have tried A40s, Razer, and Logitech headsets and so far the A40s have still been my favorite. I know that SteelSeries is coming out with their new set of Siberia headsets very soon. They have received great reviews in the past, especially in the sound quality which I've heard is some of the best.

I have steel series siberias, I liked them better than astros...from the headsets I've had, the best sound quality was either the pc350s or the siberias.  the pc350s were the least comfortable though and the siberias are by far the most comfortable.  The guy above me said theres new siberias coming out, but I have the siberia v2 headphones and theyre great and only like 75 bucks or something like that.  I'd say your best bet is to for sure get a mixamp then the headphones it's really about preference.  I'd recommend the siberia v2s or the new siberias coming out.

Just looking at the Steel Series price tags is enticing enough to try them. They're highest model is only $200, where as other competitors, *cough*astro*cough*, are $250.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forgive me for asking, but what exactly does a mix amp do? I use a Turtle Beach PX3 for my xbox 360 and will eventually get a a nice headset for my xbox one.

Forgive me for asking, but what exactly does a mix amp do? I use a Turtle Beach PX3 for my xbox 360 and will eventually get a a nice headset for my xbox one.

Lets you control more of what you hear from the headset / voice chat or game sound all at different levels kind of thing its a nice thing to have

Looking into getting the Astor A40s for the Xbox One any one have any info from using them or anything like that.

(p.s. why cant i post pics) :salt: :bravo:

Lets you control more of what you hear from the headset / voice chat or game sound all at different levels kind of thing its a nice thing to have

So its more than the little rectangular volume controlls that Turtle beachs have, right? I have a wireless PX 3 from them and it just has that. I want a nice headset for my XBone but the money doesnt lie around very often, even though I am working part time.

So its more than the little rectangular volume controlls that Turtle beachs have, right? I have a wireless PX 3 from them and it just has that. I want a nice headset for my XBone but the money doesnt lie around very often, even though I am working part time.

Yeah its much more in-depth control 

photo-1.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for reply I was considering a40's again as an option but didn't like the bulky adapter for the controller, might have to just suck it up if no other headset can compare to a40 overall package quality.

Adapter doesn't affect the spacing on the controller at all, I haven't noticed it when I hold the controller, although I can understand it being an eyesore.

Looking into getting the Astor A40s for the Xbox One any one have any info from using them or anything like that.

(p.s. why cant i post pics) :salt: :bravo:

A40 Xbox One edition no longer comes with a large mixamp, instead it plugs directly into the controller and gets all game and chat audio from there. A50 Edition will still contain a classic-style mixamp but will be Wireless.

Other than the new design upgrades and a handful of features (flip mic to mute is awesome) they are pretty much the same as the Gen 1 A40's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A40 Xbox One edition no longer comes with a large mixamp, instead it plugs directly into the controller and gets all game and chat audio from there. A50 Edition will still contain a classic-style mixamp but will be Wireless.

Other than the new design upgrades and a handful of features (flip mic to mute is awesome) they are pretty much the same as the Gen 1 A40's.

1 of the reasons im looking into them . /easy and simple

1 of the reasons im looking into them . /easy and simple

Yep, setting up Gen 1 A40's isn't too difficult but its easy to make mistakes. If your in for the long haul with next gen pick the new A40's for sure.

I just got the Siberia v2s should I get the astro mixamp because the controller for this isn't very good to say the least.

I'm waiting for the 500X from Turtle Beach. Full wireless, no adapter for the controller. I don't believe I've seen an xbox one headset without an adapter/wire for the controller. DTS surround sound, I'll definitely try them out.