Sign in to follow this  
MarcusQuintus

Monitor with HDMI in but no audio out

The current monitor I havehas an HDMI port but doesn't have speakers or an audio out port.

How do I get sound through an HDMI cable if I don't have an audio out port?

I've been looking at this2 adapter..  Will it work?

Many thanks.

1 I won't be getting another monitor, the XB1 was already pushing it.  I'll play without sound if it comes to that.

http://www.amazon.com/1080p-Input-Output-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00APJL1XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413038667&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+vga+with+audio

the model number for the monitor is Acer S231HL

The current monitor I havehas an HDMI port but doesn't have speakers or an audio out port.

How do I get sound through an HDMI cable if I don't have an audio out port?

I've been looking at this2 adapter..  Will it work?

Many thanks.

1 I won't be getting another monitor, the XB1 was already pushing it.  I'll play without sound if it comes to that.

http://www.amazon.com/1080p-Input-Output-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00APJL1XG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413038667&sr=8-1&keywords=hdmi+to+vga+with+audio

Does your current monitor have an 3.5MM Audio In port? If so, that adapter would work providing it actually does convert the digital signal to an analog signal.

I'll get my monitor's model number when home.

The adapter will plug into separate speakers.

I was hoping to find an hdmi to dvi/audio but those have been 60+

I've had this same issue. I have a separate speaker system that has two 2 speakers and a nice sized sub woofer I got from best buy. It has an'AUX In' port where I have a small aux adapter piece plugged in (it converts a red and white audio cable into a jack that plugs into the port.) On the other side of the red and white cable is a cable that plugs into the port on the 360 above the HDMI port, I can't remember the name of it but I can provide pictures and it has female ports for the red and white audio cable to plug in. I control the system sound from those speakers and I also have some turtle beaches plugged in for when I want to use them. Hope this helps, if you need clearer help let me know and I'll try to do what I can.