Cursed Lemon

Halo 1: Final

Edit: Also, our LAN group in Ohio is all about playing on some new maps.  We'd be thrilled to give it a shot.

You just drag and drop the file using Filezilla or something like that.  It's not hard.

Noted, I'll make a thread on here when I have something worth showing this spring

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you have your box modded, how hard is it to just install a map as long as it's in the correct format?

I'd be thrilled if your group would play a map of mine (when it's ready) but I wouldn't want to ask anyone to jump through hoops or anything just to play it

I don't think it would be hard however I do not know how to do it. I would suggest taking halo final and replacing some maps. Just replace leevee or w/e lol

Speaking of having helpful stuff ready for new players who are starting out on new maps, is there anyone who'd be able or willing to make overhead drawings of Halo 1 Final's five new maps (like in the example linked below)? I save these to my phone after marking all the spawn points on them that I gather from halospawns.com to keep them on me as a portable reference (I'm still new to all this), but nothing like this exists for the new maps.

http://halocustoms.com/threads/overhead-maps-megathread.21501/#post-119443

I'm confused. I downloaded Halo 1 Final, but I'm looking and I don't see the new maps. Am I missing something? Also, what's the difference between Halo 1 Final and Halo 1.5?

I'm confused. I downloaded Halo 1 Final, but I'm looking and I don't see the new maps. Am I missing something? Also, what's the difference between Halo 1 Final and Halo 1.5?

First problem, i don't know.

Difference in Halo 1 final is you cant play all the original maps along with the new ones or use the same disc, there's a built in timer for the game, and sounds like teleporting and powerup pickups are removed in case of same-room LANs.

First problem, i don't know.

Difference in Halo 1 final is you cant play all the original maps along with the new ones or use the same disc, there's a built in timer for the game, and sounds like teleporting and powerup pickups are removed in case of same-room LANs.

I thought what you just described was called Halo 1.5 LAN Edition? 

Oh nevermind. I missed the part where they explained the difference. 

Halo 1.5 has all of the original maps and all of the new maps.  Halo 1 Final only has 13 maps, 5 new maps and 8 original maps.  The built in timer is only in H1 Final.

Also don't wanna bump anything else, but if you're into this sort of thing...

• Upvote (+1) 9

I thought what you just described was called Halo 1.5 LAN Edition? 

Oh nevermind. I missed the part where they explained the difference.

The new maps use stock maps' file names (system limitation). For example, bloodgulch.map isn't actually Blood Gulch, but rather one of the Halo 1.5 maps. Unfortunately I don't have a list of which filenames correspond to which maps in particular for Halo 1 Final, but I do have such a list for Halo 1.5. The difference is that not all the Halo 1.5 maps are present in Halo 1 Final, only the best ones, so I don't know if they got moved around or wtv.

Also don't wanna bump anything else, but if you're into this sort of thing...

Awesome work, always enjoy watching your vids

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've always been curious to see how the general public would take to a Hang Em High where all the places you could stand to give a random were colored differently.  It'd be fun to watch them figure out what the colored areas mean, and it'd be an intuitive way to teach new players about spawning their teammate.

Edit: Also, our LAN group in Ohio is all about playing on some new maps.  We'd be thrilled to give it a shot.

Are you back in Ohio now?  

Are you back in Ohio now?  

I'm still stationed in Hawaii.  I'll be back on leave between March 18 and April 1.

Noted, I'll make a thread on here when I have something worth showing this spring

Have you looked at the 2v2 maps by @@MultiLockOn?  I feel like they would transfer well to CE, as I think he had CE principles in mind when designing them.  Trinity for H2A, and that new one he recently made for H5 who's name escapes me.  Those might be some sick additions to map packs if you're looking for ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you looked at the 2v2 maps by @@MultiLockOn?  I feel like they would transfer well to CE, as I think he had CE principles in mind when designing them.  Trinity for H2A, and that new one he recently made for H5 who's name escapes me.  Those might be some sick additions to map packs if you're looking for ideas.

After porting the Halo 1.5 maps I kind of want to create something new, but I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys over here in AZ we are having lans about twice a month but unfortunately we are playing og h1. Can someone please send me a link for the best way to softmod our boxes so we can start using h1 final . I have splinter cell and a cord to connect my USB to the Xbox. Do I have to buy action reply too or is there a way to mod it without. [email protected]

I found this old video of a Halo 1 mod which condensed the text of the messages that pop up throughout the match. Notices about players killing one another are unchanged, but ones about grabbing ammo, weapons, grenades, and powerups have been significantly shortened.

Some examples:

"Picked up 180 rounds for assault rifle" was changed to say "180 AR"

"Picked up 2 fragmentation grenades" was changed to say "2 frags"

"Picked up active camouflage" was changed to say "Camo"

"Picked up a sniper rifle" was changed to say "Sniper Rifle"

"Hold X to swap for [gun image]" was changed to say "X [gun image]"

And, comically, "Picked up a needler" was changed to say "Put it back down"

I'm wondering why this idea wasn't kept around for Halo 1.5 or Halo 1: Final. Personally I like it a lot, as it gives you the relevant info without the extra clutter. It's obviously not necessary by any means, but it's nice. I'm curious what everyone else thinks of this.

I found this old video of a Halo 1 mod which condensed the text of the messages that pop up throughout the match. Notices about players killing one another are unchanged, but ones about grabbing ammo, weapons, grenades, and powerups have been significantly shortened.

Some examples:

I'm wondering why this idea wasn't kept around for Halo 1.5 or Halo 1: Final. Personally I like it a lot, as it gives you the relevant info without the extra clutter. It's obviously not necessary by any means, but it's nice. I'm curious what everyone else thinks of this.

Suprisingly, there are people who do not like the shortened text. Its difficult for me to articulate why that is exactly so im not going to try.

Some examples:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is the way it is in 4v4s on final. don't quote me on that though. Also this feature can be done per map. The map featured is on halo 1.5 and has the condensed text + timer.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this is the way it is in 4v4s on final. don't quote me on that though. Also this feature can be done per map. The map featured is on halo 1.5 and has the condensed text + timer.

Definitely not as the change must be made in the map files. There is not a known way to change it based on player count.

It's that way on Insidious' maps. Red Shift, Doubletake, Levee, Hotbox, Madhouse, and Crossway all use that style. It is in 1.5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's that way on Insidious' maps. Red Shift, Doubletake, Levee, Hotbox, Madhouse, and Crossway all use that style. It is in 1.5.

This is the correct answer.

Also don't know why people wouldn't be onboard with this...?

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not in Crossway or Madhouse.  DDS made Crossway and Ponytar made Madhouse.  I think it was a good idea, but the majority of people that played Insid's maps with me did not like that.  You expect a certain amount of text on your screen as dumb as that sounds, and having only 4 maps show limited text at the time was a little weird.  I was personally neutral on the idea after playing the maps a bunch.  I know I have said it before but H1 players are generally not open to change, for better or worse.  

• Upvote (+1) 2