Cursed Lemon

Halo 1: Final

Just wanted to say I love seeing all the new map talk. Been playing them since 2009, and I'm still a big fan of most of them. I still play them every chance I get.

@@stunt_man will you have PC versions of Imminent, Exhibit, and Outbound, in addition to Decidia? I know the maps like the back of my hand but I would really like to see them all on Halospawns if Relyx could do it. I know he needs the PC versions for that though.

Also I just want to say, we played Zero Hour a ton in TN, in 2's. Although it was primarily designed as a 4v4 CTF map, which it is awesome for. It was kind of weird, the map was fun...then really boring, then we all got really good at it and it became very fun again. It was the only map my LAN group was bummed about not being in Final.

Outbound is great too. Has more random spawns than you would think and provides some cool camo plays.

Another thing, I don't think anyone ever saw the original Madhouse. It is not like the one that was released to everyone. I have a video somewhere if anyone would be interested in seeing the original. The first version was almost like a 4 level Prisoner with a little more cover, but there were some absolutely devastating spawn traps that really hurt the map.

Please share, more H1 content is always a good thing. I haven't seen all the Halo 1.5 maps yet.

Please share, more H1 content is always a good thing. I haven't seen all the Halo 1.5 maps yet.

Here is the first version of Madhouse, pretty sure only my LAN group had it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone make an octagon PLEASEEEE. Acadia or whatever is cool too btw nice job whoever made that. Like a friend said last weekend..."its like a big chillout."

Just wanted to say I love seeing all the new map talk.  Been playing them since 2009, and I'm still a big fan of most of them.  I still play them every chance I get.

@@stunt_man will you have PC versions of Imminent, Exhibit, and Outbound, in addition to Decidia?  I know the maps like the back of my hand but I would really like to see them all on Halospawns if Relyx could do it.  I know he needs the PC versions for that though.

Yeah all Halo 1.5 maps are being ported. I even sent a couple of them to @@Mintograde for halospawns.com. He said there's a lot of work involved per map, so he's probably loafing :P but he said he was at least going to start with Decidia.

Here is the first version of Madhouse, pretty sure only my LAN group had it.

Wow the whole layout was changed for the final version. Very interesting. 

Someone make an octagon PLEASEEEE. Acadia or whatever is cool too btw nice job whoever made that. Like a friend said last weekend..."its like a big chillout."

You mean Decidia? I could make an Octagon but... is there really much of a demand for it? Sounds boring to me, just spawning and immediately blasting someone over and over and over again.

Maybe I'm old.

Please let me know if any of the other new maps end up on Halospawns.  I'm particularly interested in seeing Imminent, Decidia, Exhibit, and Outbound.  I would be shocked if there are any random spawns I don't know about at this point but I would like to visualize it.  

Yeah all Halo 1.5 maps are being ported. I even sent a couple of them to @@Mintograde for halospawns.com. He said there's a lot of work involved per map, so he's probably loafing :P but he said he was at least going to start with Decidia.

Wow the whole layout was changed for the final version. Very interesting.

You mean Decidia? I could make an Octagon but... is there really much of a demand for it? Sounds boring to me, just spawning and immediately blasting someone over and over and over again.

Maybe I'm old.

Probably not but i love octagon. There's a few people at our LANs that would probably play with me and itd be a good warm up map. H1 octagon is like my dream gametype.

Please let me know if any of the other new maps end up on Halospawns.  I'm particularly interested in seeing Imminent, Decidia, Exhibit, and Outbound.  I would be shocked if there are any random spawns I don't know about at this point but I would like to visualize it.

Decidia and Exhibit are up on halospawns.com

If you don't see them, press ctrl+F5 while on the "Explore the Maps" page.

EDIT: Damn good thing too, there's a few randoms that aren't in your commentary :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Decidia and Exhibit are up on halospawns.com

If you don't see them, press ctrl+F5 while on the "Explore the Maps" page.

EDIT: Damn good thing too, there's a few randoms that aren't in your commentary :P

Very cool.

I actually did know about all of these except 1, and that's the one next to portal in main in Decidia.   We had found all of the others through playing at this point.  That Halo 1.5 walkthrough is an old video.  

Very cool.

I actually did know about all of these except 1, and that's the one next to portal in main in Decidia.   We had found all of the others through playing at this point.  That Halo 1.5 walkthrough is an old video.

Will you continue to make CE commentaries? You're the only one that can do it (to my knowledge).

• Upvote (+1) 3

Will you continue to make CE commentaries? You're the only one that can do it (to my knowledge).

If he doesnt there will be a huge hole in my heart and my sub box

If he doesnt there will be a huge hole in my heart and my sub box

I'd love to see commentary for some of the Beach LAN matches from last August. You can catch matches from Beach LAN 3 on Droid's channel and matches from Beach LAN 4 on Jeenyus' channel, all un-commentated but still great to watch.

Sure I'll do one, just a sec.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not sure if serious but lol either way

Yea I was serious.  I hadn't been doing them because the pre-amp I used for my mic was not supported by El Capitan, but I got a new mic a few weeks ago.  It's going to be Prisoner if iMovie cooperates.  After that I will probably focus on newer maps if there is any interest.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yea I was serious.  I hadn't been doing them because the pre-amp I used for my mic was not supported by El Capitan, but I got a new mic a few weeks ago.  It's going to be Prisoner if iMovie cooperates.  After that I will probably focus on newer maps if there is any interest.

I don't know how many people out there are interested but I definitely am. I've watched every commentary you put out at least twice and some a lot more. Having some insight on these new maps I haven't played before would be amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know how many people out there are interested but I definitely am. I've watched every commentary you put out at least twice and some a lot more. Having some insight on these new maps I haven't played before would be amazing.

If you want to play the new maps but don't have an OG box and a group of locals, come try Halo PC on my servers (check out this thread: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/11775-current-state-of-halo-pc-the-xbox-experience/). I have Downrush, Zerohour, Decidia and Doubletake in the mapcycle right now but in about two weeks I should be adding Exhibit and another, with two more releasing every two weeks or so afterwards. Depends on how fast I can get them ported.

Also quite interested. I can't get enough of the stock maps but it'd be great to see how the new maps are played at a high level, considering many new players will be trying them since I've been hosting them as part of my Halo PC Xbox project thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea I was serious. I hadn't been doing them because the pre-amp I used for my mic was not supported by El Capitan, but I got a new mic a few weeks ago. It's going to be Prisoner if iMovie cooperates. After that I will probably focus on newer maps if there is any interest.

You are the man

There is plenty interest here

• Upvote (+1) 1

On a semi-related note: let's say I'm hypothetically working on two dank new maps and I want to release them as an addition to the Halo 1.5 maps. Which maps are the least-favorite, so I can know which ones can be replaced? Should I just refer to the rankings that were posted earlier?

Rat Race is sub par and I've never seen it voted for, it could be dropped from the map pool without consequence. The rest of the maps currently in the pool should stay though because all the other bad ones have been weeded out already. Then we just need to add Imminent etc to the mix and we're golden.

Rat Race is sub par and I've never seen it voted for, it could be dropped from the map pool without consequence. The rest of the maps currently in the pool should stay though because all the other bad ones have been weeded out already. Then we just need to add Imminent etc to the mix and we're golden.

I'm not talking about my PC servers, I'm talking about porting new maps that I'm working on, to the Xbox. For custom maps to work properly on Xbox, they need to be replace one of the stock map files. I'm asking which one is the least played in Halo 1 Final.

The new Derelict with 2 minute rockets and camo on bottom is superior.

YUP

Not sure how people took Derelict seriously as a comp map with timers that weird and more snowballs than a winters day

Out of curiosity, which version of Derelict do most of you opt for in Halo 1: Final? The original 30 second rocket respawn, or the new 2 minute one?

The original

YUP

Not sure how people took Derelict seriously as a comp map with timers that weird and more snowballs than a winters day

That is because the rockets quit being a big deal once players attain a certain level of teamwork and awareness.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The original

That is because the rockets quit being a big deal once players attain a certain level of teamwork and awareness.

In my experience, Dere was always a shitshow and way too open to have any real chance of fighting back

Off host wasnt fun on it either tho LOL