Cursed Lemon

Halo 1: Final

Man

Someone should just like... mod Halo multiplayer so it's juuuust different enough to avoid lawsuit and release it on Xbox Store with online play.

Thats the tricky part. Getting online play correct without breaking the feel of shooting for halo1 players that have only had LAN all these years. Not counting the less than perfect implementation in MCC.

So no one knows where I can download Halo 1 Final ? :/

i'll upload it for you after i get off work, do you just want the updated version of halo 1 final or do you need any other versions?

• Upvote (+1) 4

i'll upload it for you after i get off work, do you just want the updated version of halo 1 final or do you need any other versions?

In case you pm the link and not post it here:

Can you send me the download link as well?

Please. :)

Can you please send me the download link as well?

I just recently bought a used OG xbox that I'm going to be softmodding soon because I'm interested in playing Halo 1 final.

Thanks man. The most up-to-date version will suffice. Lan edition if possible, please.

Unless there's another version people are using? I assume the most up-to-date one is what's being used at LAN's?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=52EC23A484EBB8F8!207&authkey=!APT7x4C9_NGFijg&ithint=file%2czip

It contains 1.5 LAN edition and final. The 'MLG' folder you should see has all the same maps except it contains insidious's derelict with the camo on bottom. The UDATA Gametypes folder has the 7.5 second respawn OBJ gametypes which are good for 3v3. I don't know how long i will leave it available for download so get it while you can.

• Upvote (+1) 4

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=52EC23A484EBB8F8!207&authkey=!APT7x4C9_NGFijg&ithint=file%2czip

It contains 1.5 LAN edition and final. The 'MLG' folder you should see has all the same maps except it contains insidious's derelict with the camo on bottom. The UDATA Gametypes folder has the 7.5 second respawn OBJ gametypes which are good for 3v3. I don't know how long i will leave it available for download so get it while you can.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'm ecstatic that I'm finally going to be able to play some great Halo 1.5 maps such as Imminent and Downrush.

Thanks for the upload man.

Out of curiosity, anyone know why the site is down? How much was it costing?

I'd donate, depending on what the cost is. That site was nice.

Also, unless you don't have the harddrive space, you really should have both 1.5 and final on your harddrive. final is not compatible with the original disc version of the game while 1.5 is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone needs to host a Michigan LAN with this shit. I know some of you bad kids live here and these maps looking fucking baller

Sadly, most of the maps from Halo 1.5 still don't seem to be available for the PC version. Zero Hour and Downrush are, but none of the others like Imminent, Outbound, etc. If anyone knows somebody who could do this, I'll donate if/when they get ported to the PC version.

Sadly, most of the maps from Halo 1.5 still don't seem to be available for the PC version. Zero Hour and Downrush are, but none of the others like Imminent, Outbound, etc. If anyone knows somebody who could do this, I'll donate if/when they get ported to the PC version.

You're in luck. The guy who ported Downrush and Zerohour got in touch with me recently, we're going to be working together to port the rest of the maps. I need to speak with him first to determine how much work is involved, but the maps should be released over the next few weeks if all goes well.

I may not post about it here though, because as far as I can tell Halo PC players make up like 0.1% of the demographic. You'd be better off monitoring http://forum.halomaps.org/ for developments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're in luck. The guy who ported Downrush and Zerohour got in touch with me recently, we're going to be working together to port the rest of the maps. I need to speak with him first to determine how much work is involved, but the maps should be released over the next few weeks if all goes well.

I may not post about it here though, because as far as I can tell Halo PC players make up like 0.1% of the demographic. You'd be better off monitoring http://forum.halomaps.org/ for developments.

FUCK YEAAAAA

Maybe the people who made the maps never released them for PC.  However the maps had to be made for PC first then ported to xbox. 

Maybe the people who made the maps never released them for PC.  However the maps had to be made for PC first then ported to xbox. 

This is true. They were made on PC but only released on XBox. They're coming to PC soon though, bit by bit.

Can I just quote @CursedLemon real quick and ask why we havn't been more on the ball with this?

Basically, this is the definitive Halo CE backup plan in case things go really, really south with MCC. 

How much more south could this have fuckin' gone? It's time to freakin' go boys! If halo as we know it wan't even a sliver of a chance to survive, we need people to play it... MCC is dead, but grassroots movements are much more resilient than just some shitty xbl game. Seriously. people from Philly area, lets start lanning. Doesn't have to be serious, but it will be fun as hell. 

How does one acquire a modded xbox in order to play this?

DM'd you. I havn't recieved mine yet, but I'll definitely let everyone know how it works out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I got mine off craigslist. Hardmodded. Found a guy with mods for halo 2 and modded that.

I may just have to buy some new cords for my OG box. I haven't turned it in on in 6+ years and man has it collected dust.

I may just have to buy some new cords for my OG box. I haven't turned it in on in 6+ years and man has it collected dust.

Awesome! Do you have H1? I really want to play some h1 when I get it, but I know it's dead on kai :/

I got mine off craigslist. Hardmodded. Found a guy with mods for halo 2 and modded that.

Just don't keep the mods when you play against me haha!

I was just messing around in the game and when I tried to boot CTF on Derelict or Wizard, the game would start, but I wouldn't spawn in. Instead I'd be stuck with a fixed camera angle with "Rejoin in 0" appearing in the top left of the screen.

When I attempted to boot CTF on Prisoner, it worked fine. Then, when I attempted to boot CTF on Battle Creek, the game just crashed in the pre-game lobby when "Loading level..." appeared at the top. I didn't try any other maps after that.

Is CTF supposed to be broken in Halo 1: Final? I know that no one really plays CTF, so I'd understand if no one bothered to make it work here, but I just want to know if it's supposed to be like that, or if there's something wrong with my game somehow.

Also, what is the "carousel[2minRocketSpawn].map" file for?