Tribal

Halo: Reach vs Halo 4 Poll

Halo: Reach vs. Halo 4  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which game was better overall?

I thought they removed it when H4 came out, had one event for H4, then dropped that too. I guess I'm wrong, but I do think it's longer life with MLG says something about it. 

Nope, Reach was dropped by MLG. 343i signed a deal with Virgin Gaming which made it difficult for MLG to host any events; meaning the "longer lifetime on the pro-circuit" argument doesn't really hold water.

I'm surprised that people think H4 default is much better than Reach default.

H4 default had asym spawns on Haven, tower spawns on Solace (which I guess was total trash anyway), dumb back beach spawns on Abandon, not to mention no weapons on map, turd for weapon balance (AHEM 5sk BR AHEM), and removed way too many abilities that a player should inherently have (ex: picking up grenades).

Yeah, Reach default was bad (ok, it was trash), but I believe H4 default was worse. At least in Reach I don't have to worry about people killing me with random fuel rods and beam rifle noscopes while I get a Scattershot, Speed Boost, and Needler in my ordnance.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This is like comparing two turds.  They both stink.  Which one stinks less depends upon the person smelling them.

I've personally always preferred playing with a utility weapon that's effective and consistent at all ranges.  I can deal with all the other nonsense (and both games have their fair share of nonsense) as long as I feel like my gun is shooting where I aim it.  The Halo 4 DMR fits that preference best, so I voted for H4.  That may sound ridiculous because the ZB DMR in Reach is definitely better, but ZB was such a tiny part of Reach that if I'm comparing the lifetime of both games then Halo 4 wins. 

I'm surprised that people think H4 default is much better than Reach default.

H4 default had asym spawns on Haven, tower spawns on Solace (which I guess was total trash anyway), dumb back beach spawns on Abandon, not to mention no weapons on map, turd for weapon balance (AHEM 5sk BR AHEM), and removed way too many abilities that a player should inherently have (ex: picking up grenades).

Yeah, Reach default was bad (ok, it was trash), but I believe H4 default was worse. At least in Reach I don't have to worry about people killing me with random fuel rods and beam rifle noscopes while I get a Scattershot, Speed Boost, and Needler in my ordnance.

Nailed it.

Plus v7 Reach is one of the best Halo online experiences to date. Huge saving grace whereas nothing decent came from Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope, Reach was dropped by MLG. 343i signed a deal with Virgin Gaming which made it difficult for MLG to host any events; meaning the "longer lifetime on the pro-circuit" argument doesn't really hold water.

Bastards.. I surrender  :goat:

• Upvote (+1) 1

What I'm not understanding is if MLG couldn't do events because of the deal with Virgin Gaming, what made AGL any different?

Even not taking v7 into account Reach is still a better Halo game. Even though it was pretty broken, it still played and felt like a Halo game to an extent. Halo 4 didn't feel like Halo at all. Felt like a cheap knock off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

By overall, does the OP mean what game is better right now, or what game was better during its time period? (Before the next game came out)

Because overall means taking everything into consideration and perhaps that means both?

This really surprises me, Halo Reach was such a shit game. I wouldnt say I love Halo 4 but its miles ahead of Reach simply because of bloom. Literally the worst mechanic of all time. 

This really surprises me, Halo Reach was such a shit game. I wouldnt say I love Halo 4 but its miles ahead of Reach simply because of bloom. Literally the worst mechanic of all time.

Is it the worse because of impatience? I wait for the reticle to shrink and I take that time to aim for the head and it is effective. I think bloom slows us down but it clearly isnt the worse. Not anywhere close to random ordnance.

I prefer Reach to Halo 4 overall when it comes to multiplayer, simply for the fact that there's no default sprint, no flinch, and no personal or random ordnance.

Spartan Bowl = better than the entire Halo Reach multiplayer, but Spartan Bowl was temporary so it doesn't put 4 above Reach.