Tribal

Halo: Reach vs Halo 4 Poll

Halo: Reach vs. Halo 4  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which game was better overall?

@op when i asked this yesterday it was only talking about normal MP not the MLG playlist .

I feel many people will look at this from a MLG stand point and if that's the case then Reach wins every time .

But if you look at the games from a NONE MLG stand point that's what i was asking on twitter the other day that started a war lol

I knew what you meant on Twitter, simply Reach vs. Halo 4. I probably should have emphasized more to try not to focus on one thing like bloom or pre/post (insert patch # here). Not a bloom fan myself and I don't think it belongs in Halo but I adapted and got good with the sandbox I was given.

Well first, the poll is worded wrong. It's important to distinguish Reach and v7.

And this is a low effort thread that will spawn the same discussions we've been repeating for two years now. Nothing new will be said.

AbandonThread.gif

It's actually not necessary to specifically distinguish post or pre-patch because I asked: "Which game was better overall?"

I was simply trying to gather data out of curiosity, but thank you for this pointless and rude post.

Halo 4 is way better than Reach in my opinion.  Reach had only one playable gametype and it was terrible as well.  V7 is massively overrated.

Halo 4 is not great, but when Slayer Pro was an option (it always came up first on voting in doubles, that was awesome) it was pretty fun.  They seem to have stopped using Slayer Pro as much, so it is always infinity slayer Haven.

H4 maps were better, the weapons were far superior, movement felt better and it was more fun for me to play.  I will say that if H4 had flag juggling and you couldnt throw the oddball it would have been much better.  Oh, and those pesky ordnance drops.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I dont know...Reach was like The Phantom Menace of the Halo franchise and ever since then its been garbage so I have to blame Reach more than H4 for the absolutely moronic design decisions made pre-quel or not. Lets just say I am not surprised Destiny MP is from the makers of Halo(Reach).

• Upvote (+1) 3

I swear if BR spread was visible or bloom was invisible, people wouldn't even compare H4 to Reach.

I prefer to play Vanilla Reach over Halo 4. It wasn't a huge cluster fuck hybrid like Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 4 by far. Vanilla Reach is god awful. The running, meele, bloom and jump mechanics were not well done and the movement speed was slacky compared to the other Halos.

Halo 4 had its share of problems which we have talked about so much that its pointless (and people just love to talk negatively about something all day and barely bring up anything positive about anything.) but I liked it a lot more than Reach. But The Master Chief Collection should put those worries behind us (except for the problems still in Halo 4 that I now dont care much about...gotten used to them) as we watch a new era of Halo begin.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People criticize Reach for having only 1 playable playlist, yet no one criticizes H4 for having none.

Playing Halo 4 for the first time was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life. Being able to spawn with a Boltshot is alone worse than anything in Reach.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly outside of Bloom, and Armor Abilities(Which Halo 4 has much worse versions of) Reach was a really good game. At least Reach didn't have Care Packages that dying doesn't affect, or Flinch which is IMHO 1000x worse than Bloom ever was.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just one more month until we no longer have to see these threads. Can't wait.

But on topic, I personally think overall, Halo 4 was a worse game, it added in CoD elements that even Reach didn't have (perks, tactical packages etc) where Reach loadouts weren't as bad. Halo 4 shipped completely rushed, buggy, suffered from a huge identity crisis and was aiming to please several different crowds of players but ultimately failed in pleasing any of them. TO THIS DAY, H4 is still broken and buggy, H4 achievements anybody? There's a reason why H4 suffered the worst population drop out of any Halo game even when more 360's are in households at H4's launch than at previous Halo's.

Even though Reach added AA's, bloom and a bunch of other crap, it still "looked" like an actual Halo game, the kill feed, the UI, the art style of the medals and even the colours of the red and blue spartans (looked awful in H4). Also, Sprint could never be toggled off in H4, then you add Descope and Flinch and gameplay is just terrible. At least you could turn off AA's in Reach from launch and later it got a patch to give us No Bloom, where was H4's big patch? Oh right, yeah...

Halo Reach was a complete game (with good Custom options I might add) but a shit game.

Halo 4 was a rushed, broken AND shit game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Well first, the poll is worded wrong. It's important to distinguish Reach and v7.

And this is a low effort thread that will spawn the same discussions we've been repeating for two years now. Nothing new will be said.

AbandonThread.gif

I'm not the only one that feels the repetitiveness of topics around here  :destiny:

The most baffling thing to me is that 343 came in and actually made a terrible terrible Reach game playable then made Halo 4. Launch Reach was the worst thing to ever happen to the Halo franchise. Halo 4 improved from it in a couple areas and was worse in other areas. Both equally suck balls IMO. It's why I went back to Halo 3 and started having fun in Halo again.

The most baffling thing to me is that 343 came in and actually made a terrible terrible Reach game playable then made Halo 4. Launch Reach was the worst thing to ever happen to the Halo franchise. Halo 4 improved from it in a couple areas and was worse in other areas. Both equally suck balls IMO. It's why I went back to Halo 3 and started having fun in Halo again.

I made a comment to this point some time back. They made v7 after six tries to get it right then they tossed all that work down the drain. I mean where did the learning curve go?

I don't know how anyone can say that Reach is better than Halo 4...? This guy never said anything about ZBNS let's remember that.

HALO 4 IS A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN REACH IMO... But when it comes to ZBNS... That's a completely different story. Way better than Halo 4.

I can actually stand playing regular Halo 4 Matchmaking; Team Slayer, Team Doubles, Rumble Pit. I can't stand for even 3 minutes regular Halo: Reach matchmaking vs the same playlists. Bloom, and armor lock, SINGLE-HANDEDLY ruin the entire game for me. 

But that's just my opinion, I dread Vanilla Reach, AND TU Reach, I know some people think TU Reach is okay, but I hate it. v7 reach is a completely different game in my eyes. Regular Reach to me is the worst Halo of all time.

But like I said, that's just my opinion. (of course the population statistics say otherwise.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't believe this is even a debate. Halo 4 is not only the worst Halo, but one of the worst video games of all time. All the overpowered weapons, loud footsteps, ghetto vehicle mechanics and sounds, horrible user interface(Reach UI is perfect), join-in-progress, ordinance drops, no ranking system(even their progression system was trash), sprint plus additional armor ability, poor radar system(Reach radar is perfect), flinch, poor graphics(brighter doesn't mean better), sluggish player movement, no friendly fire because of all the overpowered weapons, damage boost(overpowered weapons aren't powerful enough lol), and many other issues I can't think recall at the moment. Halo 4 is a clusterfuck of randomness...every game is Halo Fiesta. Sure Halo Reach has many issues, but Halo 4 is Reach on steroids.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If we're talking about competitive settings, then Reach by far.

If we're talking about the rest of the game, I still prefer Reach. I had more friends who played Reach as opposed to Halo 4. I think Reach's campaign is better, firefight was better then spartan ops imo and it wasn't much but the start of Reach had everyone playing arena because it was fun to fight for the top rank, even though it wasn't THAT hard to get. What did you have to play for in Halo 4?

Because of the reason you stated, I had such high hopes for H4, I thought 343 were going to come in and save the day. I was wrong lol.

I'll take Halo 4s shit mechanics and fairly consistent utility weapon over default Reach's shit mechanics and shit utility weapon.