Tribal

Halo: Reach vs Halo 4 Poll

Halo: Reach vs. Halo 4  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Which game was better overall?

After a small debate on Twitter about Reach vs. Halo 4, I wanted to get the Beyond forums consensus.

Please consider every aspect of each game and recall your experience with them from launch onward.

Maps

Gunskill/Skill

Radar

Grenades

Sandbox

Playlists

Patches

MLG/competitive support

Teamwork

Randomness

Melee

Lifespan

AA's

Feel free to leave an explanation for your points or comparisons. Not to insult Halo 4 fans but in my opinion it seems like a no brainer.

halo 4 has no bloom utility weapon starts across all playlists. Everything but v7 reach in reach sucks balls.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Like other people have said, anything in Halo Reach minus ZBNS isn't even playable. Worst game in the series hands down. Campaign in 4 was better too IMO if that even counts lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Like other people have said, anything in Halo Reach minus ZBNS isn't even playable. Worst game in the series hands down. Campaign in 4 was better too IMO if that even counts lol

That's quite an exaggeration that before ZBNS it wasn't playable. Halo 4 had bad maps/map packs, terrible developer support, no MLG, perma-sprint, nade indicators, bad playlists, no descope, ordnance, the list goes on. We had to wait months for "Halo 4 Turbo" to come out and we were missing playlists for months as well.

I take halo 4 over reach even tho halo 4 has it problems atleast I can play team slayer without bloom unlike reach gotta only play mlg to avoid bloom it's not fun sticking to one playlist cause of bloom

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like halo 4 s maps limited the game a lot. Its like skating flatland opposes to in a park. Many kf them limit competive and more creative play

After a small debate on Twitter about Reach vs. Halo 4, I wanted to get the Beyond forums consensus.

@op when i asked this yesterday it was only talking about normal MP not the MLG playlist .

I feel many people will look at this from a MLG stand point and if that's the case then Reach wins every time .

But if you look at the games from a NONE MLG stand point that's what i was asking on twitter the other day that started a war lol

If you are talking about DAY 1. Halo 4 is better than Reach, but NBNS is better than Halo 4.

Agree the NBNS part of Reach MLG is much better then Proving Grounds in Halo 4

Can't get past the H4 maps, Reach's weren't a gold mine by any stretch of the imagination but they sure beat 1 average map at launch.

Maps

Default - Reach

DLC - Reach

Mechanics

Default - H4

Post patch - Reach

Playlists

Variety - Reach

Quality / re-playability - Reach

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think even Halo: Reach at launch is better.  I legitimately played Halo 4 for probably a month. Then I stopped, drastically.Reach I could actually play for a time. 

Maybe my brief time playing Halo 4 was largely from frustration with yet another game I was disappointed with, who knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well first, the poll is worded wrong. It's important to distinguish Reach and v7.

And this is a low effort thread that will spawn the same discussions we've been repeating for two years now. Nothing new will be said.

AbandonThread.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Well first, the poll is worded wrong. It's important to distinguish Reach and v7.

And this is a low effort thread that will spawn the same discussions we've been repeating for two years now. Nothing new will be said.

AbandonThread.gif

Hopefully similar threads about the other halo games won't be made. Lol

Nothing will ever come close to being as bad as Reach at launch.

You will hardly ever hear me say negative things about anything Halo, but Reach was a detriment to the competitive Halo experience until 343 stepped in and fixed it. 

Sundance put it best when he said, "Bungie left us with a game that was a disservice to the Halo franchise."

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even vanilla Reach still kicks the shit out of Halo 4. Halo 4 was so bad after the first 2 or so weeks, I never played it again. To me that alone means a lot. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Reach by far. Sprint could be turned off for starters, and then later so could bloom.

And until then Invasion actually made fairly good use of the awkward default mechanics by simply not even attempting to follow the footsteps of traditional arena Halo.

Halo 4 was just a confused mess from the start and is still that way thanks to sprint and any lingering instances of random ordnance.

When comparing normal MM settings, H4 wins, unless its an Infinity gametype.  Infinity ruins everything.

Comp settings?  Reach's v7 settings craps on everything you can play on a 360.  In my opinion its even better than Halo 2.

Halo 4 just plays a lot smoother than Reach.  The aiming is better, the movement is better, the grenades are better, there's no friggin bloom.  There's bleedthrough on the melees!  When you shoot a sprinter you slow them down.  Halo 4 has way better mechanics than Reach.

However, Reach does have better replayability.  It's easy to run out of stuff to do in H4, whereas in Reach, I still haven't hit Inheritor, and I have plenty more commendations to get.  I still have commendations to get in H4 as well, but they're all awful shit like Plasma Pistol kills, Grav Hammer kills, or assassinating the King in Regicide like 100 times.  No thank you.  Also, Halotracker offers a fun 1-50 for Reach playlists, whereas H4's CSR is a total joke.

Reach also has WAY better Big Team Battle.

If Halo 4 had more replayability, I'd still be playing it.  But I just legitimately ran out of things I want to achieve in that game, and I went back to Reach to work on that Inheritor and get a couple more Halotracker 50's.

• Upvote (+1) 2