Davesterio

New medals announced for Halo 1 and 2

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/medal-system-added-to-halo-ce-and-halo-2-in-halo-the-master-chief-collection

"New medals have been added to both Halo: CE and Halo 2 for campaign and multiplayer," 343 told us. "There are nearly 100 unique medals in both Halo: CE and Halo 2. We felt this addition would make the multiplayer experience feel more modern and give players more ways to track their progress and style. For players who want a classic experience, medal display can be turned off for Halo: CE and can be toggled between off, classic medals, and modern medals for Halo 2 Classic. Campaign medals are awarded for enemy and style kills as part of the unified campaign scoring system, which is a new variation of the systems in Halo 3, ODST, and Reach."

343 also tells us that they'll share more details about the medal system this week on Halo Waypoint.

Personally I like the added medals into Halo 1 just because it could have used it but I'll most likely stay classic for Halo 2

Should also reiterate that all of this can be turned off and you can have the old medals in Halo 2 or no medals in Halo CE 

What do you guys think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they can add medals into multiplayer then I'd say them adding in a timer for CE multiplayer is definitely possible I'd say almost a given at this point honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

And queue the complaints

It's an option so there really isn't an issue. If there wasn't that option then the complaints are justified. Some people don't mind tons of useless shit popping up on their screen.  I wouldn't care about double kill medals or spree medals, but all that other stuff is completely unneeded.

COMEBACK KILL!

like what? why not have the announcer just tell you "YOU MANAGED TO NOT SUCK FOR A LITTLE!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

For players who want a classic experience, medal display can be turned off for Halo: CE and can be toggled between off, classic medals, and modern medals for Halo 2 Classic.

Ohhhh, you fucking BETTER. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh yay, I can't wait to be alerted every time I get a headshot or whatever bullshit they put in. Please let us turn it off when they inevitably spam us with them in Halo 5 too, because they clearly haven't learned.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welp. 343 Medals confirmed to stay.

Can there be a system where you have a list of ALL the H5 medals and you can toggle all the medals that you want visible during your gameplay? That'd be sick. And I can deal with 343's new medal style as long as I can tell the difference between a kill and a headshot. scew it Im making this a thread

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's an option so there really isn't an issue. If there wasn't that option then the complaints are justified. Some people don't mind tons of useless shit popping up on their screen.  I wouldn't care about double kill medals or spree medals, but all that other stuff is completely unneeded.

COMEBACK KILL!

like what? why not have the announcer just tell you "YOU MANAGED TO NOT SUCK FOR A LITTLE!"

I wouldn't mind... the YOU SUCK medal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh yay, I can't wait to be alerted every time I get a headshot or whatever bullshit they put in. Please let us turn it off when they inevitably spam us with them in Halo 5 too, because they clearly haven't learned.

You can turn them off in Halo CE and 2 in the Master Chief Collection, so I don't understand why you're upset about an option some people may enjoy. Your potential concern for Halo 5 is justified, but you seem incredibly aggressive about an option in the Master Chief Collection.

• Upvote (+1) 1

if they can add medals then we will def be having an in-game clock for H1....if the medals are subtle i'll prolly turn em on....if it's h4-esque...no bueno

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get how u can turn off the medals? Will they still show up in the post game?  Will they have categories for classic medals and new? I don't mind it as long as they don't show up in postgame... I just want to know the valuable medals like dbl trip sprees snipes and so on.

Cool. Hopefully its still in proper order tho for halo ce.

you don't get any medals anyway...no need to worry about the order

you don't get any medals anyway...no need to worry about the order

ur the one who gets rekt on host.

also i had to read this on a white background with white font. missed the part that there won't be a "5x-10x kill" for halo ce.

Sorry about that, on my computer the quote box displayed dark text with a dark background that made it so I couldn't see the text and I had to switch it to white.

If more people are having a problem I can edit it.

ur the one who gets rekt on host.

also i had to read this on a white background with white font. missed the part that there won't be a "5x-10x kill" for halo ce.

Sorry about that, on my computer the quote box displayed dark text with a dark background that made it so I couldn't see the text and I had to switch it to white.

If more people are having a problem I can edit it.

make it orange or something

I welcome it as long as they're spree medals and more multi-kills or things like extermination. I don't know how any of these could bother anyone regardless of the Halo. Things like comeback kill however, that's a different story.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait...sorry if im being dumb here but does that mean there could be halo CE specific medals? Or ALL 100 medals are the same in every game?

looks like halo ce will share 95% of halo 4 medals except the multi kill medals

Honestly if they are adding new medals to Halo CE and Halo 2 why can't they add medals to H2A that look like Halo 3s or 2s medals? Or Reach? Reach had the best medals imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

if they can add medals then we will def be having an in-game clock for H1....

I'd call it 'pretty much confirmed' at this point