Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Halo 5 Menu Concept (Fan Made)

I saw this Halo 5 Menu concept (fan made) video on r/halo and it was actually pretty cool.  Figured I would share :)

5a34a4eb6e95e43dbb3d2adbf2a26463.png

5cdb28e49428dbc9a78a5b1718912adc.png

0ae2135100edcd4a3f803e046c39ac73.png

c2d3149adcd4f0535b933e64dc557e46.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

Noble needs to step his game up. (No hate, btw, Noble's concepts are incredible too.) The UI is a bit counter-intuitive (where's the player list?), but Christ that is beautiful. Those font choices are perfect. The background is perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As long as there is no more pokemon card-ish multiplayer lobbies Ill be satisfied. I think Halo Reach had the best lobby lay out with the active roster and all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like how it is essentially a cleaner version of Halo 4's menu.  Like... a lot cleaner.  However, there was another fan made Halo 5 menu a while back that I personally thought looked better.  I don't think there was a video of it but just some screenshots instead.

Edit:  Yeah it's Noble's version that I am talking about.  Just found his video on youtube.

It's nice but the giant tiles taken straight out of Microsoft 8+ and every touch screen app need to go. I don't need to see EXP or K/D at all times because after a while, the numbers won't change that much at all. The map selected in MP lobbies doesn't need to take up half the screen, and at the very least, you should be able to see a list of all names in your lobbies at all time. You can't tell if someone joined while you weren't looking as it is.

It looks nice, but it doesn't do much right.

Destiny UI is one thing that was done to perfection. Somehow was a step up from Reach (aside from the counter-intuitive join session option via gamer cards, but I think that's just because the game wasn't designed as an exclusive). I know a lot of people hated the Orbit (I hate it too, ESPECIALLY when switching gear between characters), but I do see how it was necessary from a networking perspective. It benefits the overall connectivity and decreases lag immensely.

Reach UI was easily the best, and all other halos should follow that template.

This concept isnt bad though. Like an improved H4 UI. Not bad, id be ok with it. Would prefer HRs though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks nice, but it doesn't do much right.

Definitely. Even the Halo 4 UI is better in terms of utility. But still, everything about it is beautiful.

I saw this Halo 5 Menu concept (fan made) video on r/halo and it was actually pretty cool.  Figured I would share :)

5a34a4eb6e95e43dbb3d2adbf2a26463.png

5cdb28e49428dbc9a78a5b1718912adc.png

0ae2135100edcd4a3f803e046c39ac73.png

c2d3149adcd4f0535b933e64dc557e46.png

I really like it, but forgive me for asking....the music doesnt sound familiar. Would someone tell me where it comes from? And what about when someone wants to do co op campaign? There isnt much room for adding one or more players to this lobby. But...I still like this a lot. I prefer the one that came out a few months ago that featured a background from the Halo trailer from E3 2013

Very nice, I really like the simplicity of the interface initially but it does become a little convoluted swapping through the menus.  

Great music can make a menu for me. If I dread every time I'm in the main menu (Halo 4) I don't want to ever use it.

Halo 4 was horrible in this regard. The music was annoying, the menu was a bit cluttered for my liking as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1