Moa

If you could change one thing in Halo: CE, what would you?

I actually really like indestructible vehicles.  I like that if you die with them, you aren't just given new ones.  There are consequences.  The enemy could use them, horde them, or you could just lose track of where you left them.  I always thought that was a very underrated part of H1 BTB. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

When my teammate kills me I get the betrayal penalty.  That sucks.

Then I wouldn't have any fun playing with Shade.

like threeshotpistol said. completely remove footstep sounds and also remove any sound your character makes for 2seconds off spawn. you shouldn't be able to hear people spawning, much less across the entire map

This is why people have modded certain sounds out of Halo 1 for lans (i.e. weapon pick up sounds, portals, waterfalls, powerup pickup sounds). Honestly I didn't really think of that being a problem until lately, looks like it's back to headphones I go.

Did you not play bumper cars?

I've never played it but I just looked it up on YouTube and it looks pretty fun.

I wish you posted on here more often!

I agree with most of what's been said so far and want to add in a 'free view camera on death'.  Will annoy people going from different games to Halo 1 where you can't look around after dying.  Would be a nice feature for 2s play over Live.

Remove The Library from the game. The worst campaign mission ever made. 

Multiplayer I cant say much cause I just messed around with friends on it.

Halo 3's "Cortana" mission is worse, in my opinion. At least with the widely known tricks for Library, it makes the mission fairly simple and much less annoying.

"Cortana" is just a pain in the ass all around, even on "Easy" mode. Seemingly never-ending flood spawns, tight restrictive spaces, and there's absolutely no clear indication of where to go. Ugh.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reduce bullet/reticle magnetism (I honestly don't know the difference)

Decrease reticle size

Sniper: 

Give it just a little bit of magnetism, just a little to make it a tad more effective. Like seriously, not that much.

Increase its bullet speed so it is significantly greater than the pistol's, for lore and effectiveness

Add a gravity effect for bullets, so they travel on an arc; greater skill curve for long range fights

Boy, I sure hope the next line reads "removal of all BTB maps" because you're completely nerfing the pistol's long range capabilities.

I'd rather have BXB than BLB

Stop.

I don't care much for backpack relaods either, because to me, it hinders my suspension of disbelief.

What?

Buff the AR to the point where it is a more legitimate new player option, mostly buff its accuracy and bloom mechanics

It's already a legitimate option.

How much CE have you actually played?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jump delay, crouching nade glitch, fix 180 glitch, add game/match timer, add theater.

I dunno, pick one of those lol.

I don't care much for backpack relaods either, because to me, it hinders my suspension of disbelief. 

THIS hinders your suspension of disbelief?? Not the fact that you're constantly killing the same persons over and over again and they do the same to you? Heck, you can even teabag your own corpse.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would edit the spawn system. Specifically, I would implement a "buddy system" akin to bro spawning in Halo Reach's Invasion. The difference would be that instead of spawning next to your mate automatically and waiting for that spawn your teammate would be responsible for the spawn like in 2v2.

I'd also tweak random spawns so they aren't random but rather choose the most isolated spawn on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would edit the spawn system. Specifically, I would implement a "buddy system" akin to bro spawning in Halo Reach's Invasion. The difference would be that instead of spawning next to your mate automatically and waiting for that spawn your teammate would be responsible for the spawn like in 2v2.

I'd also tweak random spawns so they aren't random but rather choose the most isolated spawn on the map.

Sick dude. Red shit corner on HH, errry time. Shit spawn on Damnation? Why not?!

And if it did spawn you red shit corner on randoms, the first guy who spawned would just stand there and it would give another random right there lmao. So what good would that do?

My first post kind of focused on changes but some additions to make CE the GOAT of all GOATs would be:

Adding more detailed (H2) carnage report.

Have shots fired/landed and percentage (only counting pistol or snipe billets to prevent skewed stats from AR) and adding a "damage done" stat. So you could see who actually inflicted the most damage to the other team since assists are backwards. Or just fix the assist stat.

You could get really detailed like power weapons possessed/burned, eliminated (killing OS or camo guy)

The weapon of choice, who killed who most, medals etc

Then add forge, leaderboards, k/d ratio etc

Aside from my first post there's not much with the gameplay I'd change; only the experience.

Also, clean up the letters on screen. I don't need to know how many AR bullets shit I just picked up (extremely cumbersome during 8 man FFAs)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think Infinite ammo, Crouch lock glitch, and footstep sounds are the 3 that I actually think are worth changing. Jump delay I like and has no affect on gameplay for me, only that jumping takes a little more planning and I like that.

I think Infinite ammo, Crouch lock glitch, and footstep sounds are the 3 that I actually think are worth changing. Jump delay I like and has no affect on gameplay for me, only that jumping takes a little more planning and I like that.

Footsteps are only concerning for nerds who wear headphones and don't have friends.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Footsteps are only concerning for nerds who wear headphones and don't have friends.

In MCC that will be everyone. That's why I'm saying it. Jeff has a ton of friends man cmon.

In MCC that will be everyone. That's why I'm saying it.

People won't play on 2 boxes, the most enjoyable way? Count me out

People won't play on 2 boxes, the most enjoyable way? Count me out

Well since they won't show us any gameplay, we don't know how bunk splitscreen will be in MCC. How will splity look on widesreen monitors? Will the FOV in splity be like the good FOV in OG H1?

Ok so you don't know. As of now, since they are supposed to be keeping the game very similar, it should be fine.

Friendless nerds, I tell ya

"Should be fine" means counting on 343 to consider the concerns of competitve H1 players about things in the game that 99% of players aren't going to notice or be affected by. So count me out of the optimistic crowd.

Boy, I sure hope the next line reads "removal of all BTB maps" because you're completely nerfing the pistol's long range capabilities.

Stop.

What?

It's already a legitimate option.

How much CE have you actually played?

LOL if you got within reasonable range (closer than mid range fight) the AR melted any player, unless hit with a perfect 3 shot. Buff the AR and its now a power weapon.

Can someone explain the crouch nade glitch to me?  Also, how was the assist stat broken?

When you're crouched and throw a nade, you stay crouched for like a half second. Can be very frustrating when in a fight. Doesn't happen often though, I'd say its only happened to me a handful of times in the past decade.

The assists statistic doesn't work the same way as other Halo's. Its a mystery to me, I gave up worrying about it long ago. 

• Upvote (+1) 2