Moa

If you could change one thing in Halo: CE, what would you?

I personally like listening for the switch to see if I can hone in on where someone spawns.

and this is dumb as fuck and this sound is removed on halo lan editions
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd definitely just remove Damnation.

Changing Wizard to only having one OS/IV would be nice, but I just want Damnation gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Changing Wizard to only having one OS/IV would be nice, but I just want Damnation gone.

The ability to remove one thing to remove in Halo and of all things you choose a map.

You're the worst.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can i get you to elaborate on why?

Seems to be one of the hardest maps to make a comeback on when the other team has top green control. Not a good reason at all to remove it, but if I had to guess it's because he has very little success. I think I played you a few weeks ago 2v1 and you were working me lol. My partner was holding it down but I was just doing dumb shit and we almost lost because of it. GG, sorry you had a quitter but I look forward to matching you again.

I'm a bit surprised that more people didn't just say "nothing." The nostalgia for CE can get out of control sometimes. It is pretty damn near perfect though.

Jump delay

Grav lifts and ramps in place of some ladders

OS visibility when picked up

Waypoint improvements of H2 (flag countdown timer, unique symbols, etc)

There are more but those are some that I would prefer as well as some I didn't see mentioned frequently.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Seems to be one of the hardest maps to make a comeback on when the other team has top green control. Not a good reason at all to remove it, but if I had to guess it's because he has very little success. I think I played you a few weeks ago 2v1 and you were working me lol. My partner was holding it down but I was just doing dumb shit and we almost lost because of it. GG, sorry you had a quitter but I look forward to matching you again.

lol i remember that, if you remember the scores i had something like 54 deaths because i would just spawn in shit room over and over again. i think i had like 6 straight spawns in there where i would just immediately jump off hoping you guys werent looking. Not saying thats why i lost its just so funny to me that it happened.

I just don't like how it plays.  It's a very campy map and I find it very boring.  I suppose it could be improved upon if Invis was moved and the timer was extended, but I still just don't like it.

In all reality it is not that big of a deal for me because if that map is chosen I just quit out, but quitting every few games makes it a bit tougher to rank up.  Well, that and idiot teammates.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I just don't like how it plays.  It's a very campy map and I find it very.  I suppose it could be improved upon if Invis was moved and the timer was extended, but I still just don't like it.

In all reality it is not that big of a deal for me because if that map is chosen I just quit out, but quitting every few games makes it a bit tougher to rank up.  Well, that and idiot teammates.

Ah come on don't tease me with a few shallow statements, paint me a picture of words that details why you feel the way you do about damnation. The little bit about camo was a good start.

Grav fucking lifts? Thank god nothing in this thread is ever coming true

I want hit sick 360 no scopes while going up a grav lift

Grav fucking lifts? Thank god nothing in this thread is ever coming true

We wouldn't get grav lifts. 343 would keep the ladders but add an animation when you climb it. :kappa:

(Yes, I've played Prisoner on CEA.)

• Upvote (+1) 3

We wouldn't get grav lifts. 343 would keep the ladders but add an animation when you climb it. :kappa:

(Yes, I've played Prisoner on CEA.)

"The most immersive ladder experience in halo thus far!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Things I would want changed from OG Halo CE

• Frame rate issues
  • shooting out of side when hit by nades
  • terrible net code
  • make it not able to hear people spawn/switch weapons
  • Make magnetism just a tiny, tiny hair less
  • Move rockets on Derelict to shotty spawn and change to 120s
  • Make Battle Creek windows on both bases able to jump in and out of
  • jump delay
  • Remove PR room from Dammy (put a portal at bottom door and at snipe room)

Maybe other minor things

Forever supported free online play (not Xbox live) with good netcode.

Add some more great maps.

I mean,MCC H1 has/had the potential to be this but they just can't get the networking.

How sick would it be if they added the 1.5 maps as DLC?  If you've never played them, Exhibit, Decidia, Downrush, Imminent, Outbound....ugh, so good.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would like some changes to the ranking system.

I watched legend team with a level 20 and play against other level 20's and 25's (this happened because his pard was only a 20) and he went from level 45 to 47, and is now a 50. 

Great that you can advance levels for beating players that are 30 levels below you....if anything you should either stay the same if you win or drop a level if you lose.  The only way you should advance is if you beat someone within 5 levels of you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would add hidden ramps to get to the top of Dere or add more top spawns that are safe. Camo bottom mid and rockets in tunnel on bottom.

Wizard needs to be like warlord with more options and spawns to get higher ground.

A ladder from corner of red 2 to window would be interesting in prisoner I think. And maybe a ladder from bottom at back wall.

A hallway from shotgun to green could be interesting too in Dammy.

Redesigned red base in HeH or at least move overshield into red tombstones to balance it and force the top team to drop down to get it.

Rat race needs to be smaller so it takes less time to flank.

Longest should be more like elongation imo.

Top positions would still have an advantage worth fighting for, but this way would provide more interesting strategic opportunities for the bottom team.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make the needler useful by making it the best quick camo and melee weapon in the game:

- fastest quick camo

- make the melee animation as fast as the AR's

- possibly add a damage boost to the melee so two stationary melees kill

- keep the melee range the same

- keep the shooting mechanics of the gun as useless as ever

Remove The Library from the game. The worst campaign mission ever made. 

Multiplayer I cant say much cause I just messed around with friends on it.

Only shit kids hate on The Library.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Make the needler useful by making it the best quick camo and melee weapon in the game:

- fastest quick camo

- make the melee animation as fast as the AR's

- possibly add a damage boost to the melee so two stationary melees kill

- keep the melee range the same

- keep the shooting mechanics of the gun as useless as ever

If the needler fired silently or very quietly it would be a great gun when you're following right behind someone out of melee range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As many others have suggested, address the jump delay. In fact, kinesthetically, I wouldn't mind if the game was a bit closer to any game from Reach onward, discounting things like movement speed and jump height. Reach/H4/H2A/H5 just feel much more solid when it comes to general play, like you have a real, physical presence in the world. CE, H2, and H3 all feel very floaty and light in their movement, and not in a good way. The sound effects are also lacking by comparison, but CEA fixed that to a degree.

Also this is more of a personal thing that would likely change the balance of the game in a poor fashion, but I would like the AR's spread to be just a tad tighter. It has its place in the sandbox, and it fulfills that role, but the large spread of the thing never sat well with me.

As many others have suggested, address the jump delay. In fact, kinesthetically, I wouldn't mind if the game was a bit closer to any game from Reach onward, discounting things like movement speed and jump height. Reach/H4/H2A/H5 just feel much more solid when it comes to general play, like you have a real, physical presence in the world. CE, H2, and H3 all feel very floaty and light in their movement, and not in a good way. The sound effects are also lacking by comparison, but CEA fixed that to a degree.

Also this is more of a personal thing that would likely change the balance of the game in a poor fashion, but I would like the AR's spread to be just a tad tighter. It has its place in the sandbox, and it fulfills that role, but the large spread of the thing never sat well with me.

If h1 felt kinesthetically like the most recent haloes I would detest it. I love the original halo engine. The new ones are no fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If h1 felt kinesthetically like the most recent haloes I would detest it. I love the original halo engine. The new ones are no fun.

That's fair enough. Controls are a super subjective thing, and often are non-negotiable. I dislike both Watch_Dogs and GTA V, but recognize that GTA V is the superior product. Even with this mindset, I've never liked the way Rockstar handles character control and locomotion, their characters just feels to slow, laggy, and imprecise to me. As a result,I'd rather play Watch_Dogs even though I think it's worse, as it has some of the best, smoothest on foot controls I've experienced in an open world game.

But still, I'm curious. Do you dislike the more "weighty" feel of recent Halo games compared to CE?

I'm with Zipping here.  The feel of the base movement/jumping is about the only thing the new Halo's have on the old ones.  Even with no sprint, the walking, jumping and crouching felt really good in H4.