Moa

If you could change one thing in Halo: CE, what would you?

Hit registration issues do not exist in H1, they only exist MCC.

Halo PC say hi

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jump delay, pistol spread, timer, Halo 3 medals (Atleast for multi kills and sprees), more maps.

I would also make H1 have a "Sitri" gamemode where everyone has inverted controls and buttons so you can be just as bad as the man himself

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would also make H1 have a "Sitri" gamemode where everyone has inverted controls and buttons so you can be just as bad as the man himself

I would make it have a "Batchford" mode where everyone has a mile-wide hitbox.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I would make it have a "Batchford" mode where everyone has a mile-wide hitbox.

Do the characters spout off and say expletives in a Scottish accent?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

After getting to play this game with a better understanding of Halo than I had when I first played it, Jump Delay has to be #1 on this list.

it's weird, because I consider myself very sensitive to input lag, but I don't notice a jump delay in h1. maybe I'm just so used to the feel of that game, but messing around on the other halos doesn't feel any different.

it's weird, because I consider myself very sensitive to input lag, but I don't notice a jump delay in h1. maybe I'm just so used to the feel of that game, but messing around on the other halos doesn't feel any different.

Really? The jump delay is immediately noticeable to me and it's actually very pronounced, there's about a 0.1 second or so delay between when you press the jump button and when the player model actually receives the impulse. Interestingly, Halo 1 is also the only Halo game where you can hold down the jump button and you'll continuously jump, and it will also cause you to jump at the fastest rate you can. When you do so, you'll again notice there is about a 0.25 second or so delay between each jump, whereas in Halo 2/3 you can jump again instantly upon hitting the ground.

Jump delay. Just because I'm used to it now doesn't make it good. If I could change ONE thing it'd be that.

Jump delay is unquestionably bad for gameplay. Especially when you're trying to make quick successive jumps. You can't just keep running and jumping. You have to stop and then jump again. You notice it in battle creek, hang em on tombstones, and damnation.

It's not just the jump delay but the behavior of when you land your jumps, too. Not very intuitive, Halo 2 was the best in this regard. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not just the jump delay but the behavior of when you land your jumps, too. Not very intuitive, Halo 2 was the best in this regard. 

MCC reminded me just how crispy Halo 2 jumping feels. Much prefer it over all other Halos.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jump delay is unquestionably bad for gameplay. Especially when you're trying to make quick successive jumps. You can't just keep running and jumping. You have to stop and then jump again. You notice it in battle creek, hang em on tombstones, and damnation.

I wouldn't say it's unquestionably bad. It just forces you to commit to a jump and sort of "lead" it. H1 is much more grounded than other games.

I've never liked the jumping in the game, it always seemed unstable to me, something to do with the responsiveness of the controller to the game...or the connection, etc.

I would have instant weapon switch, I think that's something that should be in all arena shooters. Other than that, there's not much else to change in the game. I'd have some HUD additions like score overlay, time, etc.

https://youtu.be/JgFlQjvVjY0?t=1m17s

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why? Do you even play H1?

its a debatable point, dynamic timers as eg in quake do have their own skillgap within the game as it requires actual memory rather than a timer program to keep track of the pickups

whenever you pickup a weapon or powerup it then spawns in a fixed amount of time starting by the point you picked it up

the hard part now is to memorize when you picked up which item and to calculate when they will showup again

that way you can gain not only control of the map but also on the powerups as the opponents team usually doesnt know about the current spawn-times

i dont think a dynamic system would be good for CE though, the game is way slower than quake and therefore you cannot cycle-path pickups as good as in quake

also a static system gives everyone fair chances to push for the pickups

• Upvote (+1) 2

its a debatable point, dynamic timers as eg in quake do have their own skillgap within the game as it requires actual memory rather than a timer program to keep track of the pickups

whenever you pickup a weapon or powerup it then spawns in a fixed amount of time starting by the point you picked it up

the hard part now is to memorize when you picked up which item and to calculate when they will showup again

that way you can gain not only control of the map but also on the powerups as the opponents team usually doesnt know about the current spawn-times

i dont think a dynamic system would be good for CE though, the game is way slower than quake and therefore you cannot cycle-path pickups as good as in quake

You're correct in all that. But you need to realize at some point it becomes...too skilfull? Removing auto aim and bullet mag from console shooters makes them more "skilful", but not for the better. Dynamic spawns do the same as you described, gives the same advantages of static timers but with the addition of having to do some mental math and keep track of your opponents weapons. But in reality it just becomes a guessing game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're correct in all that. But you need to realize at some point it becomes...too skilfull? Removing auto aim and bullet mag from console shooters makes them more "skilful", but not for the better. Dynamic spawns do the same as you described, gives the same advantages of static timers but with the addition of having to do some mental math and keep track of your opponents weapons. But in reality it just becomes a guessing game.

I have never played Quake so not 100%, but don't you get an audio que when something's picked up so you can time it?

Will always perfer static for Halo

well you can always adjust the timers to fit in the CE playstyle.  also add in an in game clock lol.  but ya i think dynamic would work good in CE with a few other adjustments/changes.  

edit:  and when i say dynamic, i mean like in quake.  not in the newer halos where people can hold on to weapons to delay spawns.  also i liked in h3 MLG that there was a mixture of static for weapons and dynamic for powerups, only crappy part was the ability to dirty the weapon timers =(.  

I have never played Quake so not 100%, but don't you get an audio que when something's picked up so you can time it?

Will always perfer static for Halo

I have no idea but that sounds neat. I think Halo 2s dynamic spawns left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, especially coming from H1s static.

Well keep in mind that Quake has at least 2 (but more often 3 or more) armors on map that spawn 25 seconds after you pick them up and a mega health pickup that spawns 35 seconds after you pick it up. And these pick ups are there even in 1v1s (duels).

When you play 4v4s (tdm or ctf) all of the maps have at least 4 armors 1 mega health and at least one powerup that spawns every 120 seconds.

My point here is that pickup spawntimes in Quake are a lot lower (besides powerups) and due to the fast movement you can pretty much fight for pickups all the time. The game will not really have long times where nothing will spawn any time soon. Camping is not really an option in the game because you will lose major pickups and your oponent would be able to build up a stack that gives huge advantages in every fight.

The thing is Halo CE is not Quake and I prefer static in CE (also in every Halo as well) as much as I prefer dynamic in Quake.

• Upvote (+1) 1