Moa

If you could change one thing in Halo: CE, what would you?

I wouldn't change anything about CE because it's p3rf3c7 and anyone who disagrees with me is obviously bad at Halo. Any game that isn't exactly like CE isn't a good game and we should change it to be exactly like CE because then and only then is it playable. 

xxMLGxxBRxxProSniperxx

....am I late to this party?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Red X's are ok. PP battery depletion while holding a charged bolt as per Halo 3 and later is ok. Thrusters though, are very much not ok.

Halo PC has a warp on chillout that is exposed on broken bridge.  Also fuel rod cannon and flame thrower?   I was that it was never created, then 343 could have simply ported over the correct game.

I don't mind the flamethrower, it's mostly a gimmick that's fun to muck around with. It's not redundant either because it is a unique type of weapon, so it fits alright into the Halo sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't consider myself a Halo 3 kid. I didn't grow up with CE (at least not multiplayer, I got the game in 2002 and played the campaign countless times). It's just attacking someone by bringing up the age argument looks uncredible and will deter others from seeing what you have to really say.

I disagree with Unknown completely. Bringing thrusters and whatever else he said to CE is the dumbest thing I've read on here. That doesn't make it ok to attack someone with an age argument. Just provide facts of why he is wrong.

Asking someone their age isn't an attack. It's confirming that they haven't been exposed to CE long enough to understand why it's the superior halo game and why it doesn't need thrusters.

I think if we're honest, we all thought he was pretty young when we read those suggestions anyways.  It's not like no one was thinking it...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you have any appreciation for what halo 1 has to offer? Thrusters? seriously?

How old were you in 2001?

lol

Or you know you could ask how much Halo 1 they have played... lol

Started on launch, played 3 years on XBC/LAN with many other great players who became gods with Halo 2 because of how easy that game was.  Saw the collapse of multiplayer begin with Halo 2 while many of my CE friends online stopped playing because Bungie didn't care for them.  Been fighting the battle ever since.

I'm not a blind CE sheep, I have my own thoughts about that game and how it can be improved.  It's my favorite Halo game by far, so because I would like Thrusters does not mean I'm inexperienced with it.  I just know exactly what I want out of a Halo game, and I'm not afraid to challenge conventional or like-minded thinking.  Sprint does not inherently break gameplay, nor do some of the things many "hardcore" Halo fans complain about.

I wouldn't change anything about CE because it's p3rf3c7 and anyone who disagrees with me is obviously bad at Halo. Any game that isn't exactly like CE isn't a good game and we should change it to be exactly like CE because then and only then is it playable. 

xxMLGxxBRxxProSniperxx

....am I late to this party?

fuck up..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd remove the vertical camera angle limits, allowing players to look directly up and down.

I'd also consider changing the shield recharge delay and recharge rate to become faster. Halo CE's is slow by main series standards: a 5.0 second delay and 4.0 seconds for a full recharge vs 4.25 & 1.75 for Halo 2/3 and 4.0 & 2.0 for Halo 5. A longer recharge means you are more likely to get mopped up by an enemy team mate after winning a 1v1 and it increases the down time between engagements where you generally have to hide behind cover for longer. It also empowers the individual more when they can get back to full shields faster, which is a good thing for a FPS like Halo where it needs factors that reduce the emphasis on a team shooting meta so that individual skill can shine more.

A 4.0 second delay and 3.0 second recharge would be interesting to try out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo PC has a warp on chillout that is exposed on broken bridge.  Also fuel rod cannon and flame thrower?   I was that it was never created, then 343 could have simply ported over the correct game.

But, Halo PC also changed Sidewinder for the better by making the base teleporters 2-way. So not all the changes were bad!

• Upvote (+1) 4

One thing that really bugs me is the death camera that can't be rotated

One thing that really bugs me is the death camera that can't be rotated

Having a controllable death cam can often lead to leaked information about the movements of enemy players that you don't deserve, unless you mean a strictly downward facing camera which can be rotated about the axis perpendicular to the ground plane, in which case that's pretty damn picky.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having a controllable death cam can often lead to leaked information about the movements of enemy players that you don't deserve, unless you mean a strictly downward facing camera which can be rotated about the axis perpendicular to the ground plane, in which case that's pretty damn picky.

The thing is that it's kinda random where the death cam point to in CE. Sometimes you get Information, sometimes you don't. I prefer the H3 onwards death cam, but OG CE players probably don't, which is unterstandable

The thing is that it's kinda random where the death cam point to in CE. Sometimes you get Information, sometimes you don't. I prefer the H3 onwards death cam, but OG CE players probably don't, which is unterstandable

Avoiding walking over players deathcams and being aware of what information you have given them when you do is a significant part of halo 1. It would drastically change the game for the worse if you could rotate your camera to follow the Camo guy around. The camera isn't random, it ascends on the same path after a player dies but can be stopped by map geometry to reduce the visible area.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Avoiding walking over players deathcams and being aware of what information you have given them when you do is a significant part of halo 1. It would drastically change the game for the worse if you could rotate your camera to follow the Camo guy around. The camera isn't random, it ascends on the same path after a player dies but can be stopped by map geometry to reduce the visible area.

Yea this becomes a problem in later Halos. If I know my teams positions I will stay in my death cam at times and look around and call out anything I see. And you can see a good amount from death cams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I knew I would get rekt by someone with more knowledge about CE. So yeah I wouldn't change that about CE.

Though, I like the deathcams and especially that you have to make a decision if you want to stay on your body or switch to teammate's 3rd person, because if you switch back you can no longer rotate the cam around.

Also I like anything that makes respawning something more than just staring at a screen for 5-10 seconds (or 8 nowadays w/e), because nothing besides waiting to spawn gives me that feeling of "there is literally no way to more efficiently waste your leisure time"

So after playing CE on the PC a ton the last week, I'd reduce rockets max damage so that OS can live a hit from it. The normal interaction would be unaffected, it's purely so that OS can counter rockets because as it currently stands, rockets have no real counter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after playing CE on the PC a ton the last week, I'd reduce rockets max damage so that OS can live a hit from it. The normal interaction would be unaffected, it's purely so that OS can counter rockets because as it currently stands, rockets have no real counter.

What if you could only kill full OS with a direct hit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's how it is currently. 

Nah, in CE a rocket to the ground can kill full OS. That's what I don't like. The rocket splash damage is very black-or-white, it either deals 300 damage (base shield is 75) within the maximum damage area (which has a very large radius) or it deals about 100 in the minimum damage area, which a non-OS player can survive anyway. That basically means that having OS makes very little difference in an encounter against the rocket guy.

What if you could only kill full OS with a direct hit?

I'd be ok with that. That could create an interesting interaction between Rockets and OS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That defeats the entire purpose of the rockets. If the outcome of a rocket vs OS player battle is debatable, what a player should focus on becomes debatable. It would completely change the flow of chillout, and for what? So players who currently choose to go for the only uncontested powerup are rewarded? 

That defeats the entire purpose of the rockets. If the outcome of a rocket vs OS player battle is debatable, what a player should focus on becomes debatable. It would completely change the flow of chillout, and for what? So players who currently choose to go for the only uncontested powerup are rewarded? 

I don't believe it would defeat the entire purpose since rockets would still be the best weapon in the game. It wouldn't change the flow much either as rockets would still be much more rewarding to control than OS.

I don't believe it would defeat the entire purpose since rockets would still be the best weapon in the game. It wouldn't change the flow much either as rockets would still be much more rewarding to control than OS.

This change would make the OS a more effective item to pick up simply because there is such a massive window between firing the first and second rockets. Sure we could reduce that window but you still haven't explained What we are gaining by reducing the power of the rockets.

Nah, in CE a rocket to the ground can kill full OS. That's what I don't like. The rocket splash damage is very black-or-white, it either deals 300 damage (base shield is 75) within the maximum damage area (which has a very large radius) or it deals about 100 in the minimum damage area, which a non-OS player can survive anyway. That basically means that having OS makes very little difference in an encounter against the rocket guy.

Nah i've 1-red and have been 1-red after a rocket hit after full OS many a time. This occurs a lot on damnation. It has to be a direct hit for full OS. Maybe it's different for PC, but I just loaded up my xbox to make 100% sure, and anything but a direct rocket doesnt kill. If the rocket is really close to him it will get him to 1 red. If not it strips the layers. Also ofc ur completely invincible while it's charging which has killed rocket guy many a time on chillout. Now that's for full os, not a 90% OS, or w/e it needs to be to get a kill, I'd guess like 95% results in a death.