Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

woah Is this real life? 

I guess I just don't like shows most people like :p Also I like to read the manga/novels as much as the anime when I get into a series

Goku now has the power to destroy the entire universe in just 3 punches. So does Beerus.

If Goku somehow couldn't obliterate Superman before, he sure as hell can now. Thank you ScrewedAttack for reinvigorating Dragon Ball. haha

Crazy thing is Goku will only get stronger, especially after training under Whis. Vegeta too.

Dragon ball Super has been heating up, has anyone been watching the subs lately?

https://dragonteam.ninja/subs/

(99.99% accurate subs)

yo you're a real one for posting this, I might have to smoke out and watch some now

Ive watched Bleach, Inuyasha, Full metal alchemist, Attack on titan, Death note and a few others and I just don't like them as much.

When I watch a show I don't really like it unless I get really attached the the characters. With SaO and naruto I connect with the characters a lot I guess.

Hmm, I'd say give Noragami 2 or 3 episodes and give that a shot. Dunno if you'd like it but I think the characters are pretty relatable (you'll probably hate Yukine but it makes sense when you look at it from an empathetical side) 

Really depends what you mean by connecting with the characters and what you liked about it. If you liked the setting maybe .hack or NGNL? Romance maybe check the good romance animes (I think Golden Time, Toradora or something), if you liked the shounen/romance part maybe try eithre Fate/Stay Night UBW (recently finished up I really digged it) or maybe Kaze no Stigma? Code Geass is also good, strong main character, none of the characters are perfect, romance subplot, etc. 

If I were to recommend an anime strictly from SAO I'd say Fate/Stay Night UBW, Code Geass and maybe Noragami. I haven't watched Kaze no Stigma but I hear that recommended at time so I threw it in there. 

F/SN Unlimited Bladeworks (Make SURE you watch the new version) has shounen character, good characters. similar romance i guess, really good fighting scenes and great animation. Some people don't like the main character (has an instinctive urge to help people no matter what and gets into stupid problems because of it) but I thought he was alright so I'd recommend that first. http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate_stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_(TV)

Code Geass I think is just a dope anime. http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Code_Geass:_Hangyaku_no_Lelouch I don't even like mecha animes much 

HxH is a good shounen anime but I just started it so idk too much but it fits the bill for shounen animes/fights http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_(2011)

Have you read the progressive novels for SAO? You wont continue the story but all it is is the first arc of SAO (which I thought was the only solid one) in more detail. 

Ive watched Bleach, Inuyasha, Full metal alchemist, Attack on titan, Death note and a few others and I just don't like them as much.

When I watch a show I don't really like it unless I get really attached the the characters. With SaO and naruto I connect with the characters a lot I guess.

How you not down with Death Note tho?

Crazy thing is Goku will only get stronger, especially after training under Whis. Vegeta too.

Dragon ball Super has been heating up, has anyone been watching the subs lately?

https://dragonteam.ninja/subs/

(99.99% accurate subs)

is DBS still just Goku (and Vegeta at times) being the only ones who do things and are leveling up? I liked when dbz was multiple characters leveling up and doing well (Gohan in ssj2, Ultimate Gohan, Trunks and Goten, etc) but it just seems now its Goku only

is DBS still just Goku (and Vegeta at times) being the only ones who do things and are leveling up? I liked when dbz was multiple characters leveling up and doing well (Gohan in ssj2, Ultimate Gohan, Trunks and Goten, etc) but it just seems now its Goku only

Its been like that ever since Cell. Gotenks was funny in the Buu saga he never had a chance. 

Think about it Goku defeats every single villain except Cell. I guess Ultimate Gohan was pretty bad ass

"So you want to fight Majin Buu?" 

"No I want to kill you"

THE CROWD GOES WILD

Its been like that ever since Cell. Gotenks was funny in the Buu saga he never had a chance. 

Think about it Goku defeats every single villain except Cell. I guess Ultimate Gohan was pretty bad ass

"So you want to fight Majin Buu?" 

"No I want to kill you"

THE CROWD GOES WILD

True, he at least did something though but yea I agree.

And yep, pretty much my problem with the show. Ultimate Gohan should have won from what I recall, wasn't he stronger than Goku at that point but they made something happen where Goku just won with Spirit Bomb? It's been a while since i watched the show

and yea that was hype lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ultimate Gohan got caught up in his ego, which was inflated along with his strength. Buu first absorbed gotenks, then beat gohan's shit in, then the fusion wore off so he became Piccolo Buu, then he absorbs Gohan with his tail-antenna shit on his head that was cut off earlier by a Destructo Disk. Goku and Vegeta become Vegetto, and then get absorbed on purpose to free all the people absorbed by Buu. After they do this and exit Buu's body, Buu becomes Kid Buu. Then Goku with the spirit bomb later on

Hmm, I'd say give Noragami 2 or 3 episodes and give that a shot. Dunno if you'd like it but I think the characters are pretty relatable (you'll probably hate Yukine but it makes sense when you look at it from an empathetical side) 

Really depends what you mean by connecting with the characters and what you liked about it. If you liked the setting maybe .hack or NGNL? Romance maybe check the good romance animes (I think Golden Time, Toradora or something), if you liked the shounen/romance part maybe try eithre Fate/Stay Night UBW (recently finished up I really digged it) or maybe Kaze no Stigma? Code Geass is also good, strong main character, none of the characters are perfect, romance subplot, etc. 

If I were to recommend an anime strictly from SAO I'd say Fate/Stay Night UBW, Code Geass and maybe Noragami. I haven't watched Kaze no Stigma but I hear that recommended at time so I threw it in there. 

F/SN Unlimited Bladeworks (Make SURE you watch the new version) has shounen character, good characters. similar romance i guess, really good fighting scenes and great animation. Some people don't like the main character (has an instinctive urge to help people no matter what and gets into stupid problems because of it) but I thought he was alright so I'd recommend that first. http://myanimelist.net/anime/22297/Fate_stay_night:_Unlimited_Blade_Works_(TV)

Code Geass I think is just a dope anime. http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Code_Geass:_Hangyaku_no_Lelouch I don't even like mecha animes much 

HxH is a good shounen anime but I just started it so idk too much but it fits the bill for shounen animes/fights http://myanimelist.net/anime/11061/Hunter_x_Hunter_(2011)

Have you read the progressive novels for SAO? You wont continue the story but all it is is the first arc of SAO (which I thought was the only solid one) in more detail. 

The progressive novels for SAO are pretty solid. Continues the only decent part of SAO imo. Code Geass is amazing and I also dislike mecha animes. It's kind of like the better Death Note.

@@Frosty You might like Hunter x Hunter. It takes a little bit of time to grow on you, but it really is one of the best shounen anime

Also, can anyone recommend any new anime that's not Akame Ga Kiru? Started reading the manga for AGK way back when it was introduced and all caught up with that.

True, he at least did something though but yea I agree.

And yep, pretty much my problem with the show. Ultimate Gohan should have won from what I recall, wasn't he stronger than Goku at that point but they made something happen where Goku just won with Spirit Bomb? It's been a while since i watched the show

and yea that was hype lol

After cell the show got stupid. Dragonball and DBZ through cell are amazing tho

There's gonna be a 5 v 5 multiverse tournament in the upcoming season so all them fools can shine. 

Beerus and his brother are throwing a godly tournament so that winner takes the main earth (from Universe 7, Beerus' universe) and all its foods, since Champa's (Beerus' twin brother, God of Destruction in Universe 6) earth has been extinct because of a war. 

I'm thinking its Goku or Vegeta, Gohan, Hercule, Boo and maybe Gotenks vs. Universe 6's five-man squad, but you never know with the wild unpredictability of Dragon Ball.

After cell the show got stupid. Dragonball and DBZ through cell are amazing tho

Stop. Cell saga was predictable as fuck and stupid. Gohan SSJ2 all of a sudden become arrogant... when it was stated mastered SSJ and literally was not affected by it in the least. Dumb.

Not to mention Cell not fighting everyone else but Goku and Gohan, when the new and improved Trunks & Vegeta had WAY more of a fighting chance against Cell than Goku did (example: both Trunks and Vegeta are handling the Cell Jrs, equivalent to Cell's max power, just fine. While Goku struggled with Cell Jr after having rested). 

Boo saga was infinitely more interesting because we got to see Vegeta finally fight Goku as super saiyan (level two no less, which was HUGE at that time), we got to see Vegeta become a decent person and sacrifice himself for the greater good, we got to see Gohan become the Ultimate warrior and kick ass, we got to see a fuckin fusion between Vegeta and Goku (!!!), we got to see a whatif fusion of Goku and Dende, and even Goku and Hercule, we got to see SSJ3 and how it STILL wasn't enough (first time EVER a new SSJ form didn't kill the villain). We got to see Goku truly intrigued by this new Boo villain time and time again. We got to see Piccolo shit his pants (!!!!) against Supreme Kai. We got to see the earth actually fuckin blow up. And everyone on earth died. Even the entire Z squad save for Goku & Vegeta. 

Those were some real dark fuckin times man. Cell saga was nowhere near it. Nothing was.

And then came the Baby Saga... the Shadow Dragon Saga where Goku gets killed forever... 

Shiiiiit

Dragon Ball Super is interesting as well with all this God business going on and people coming out of nowhere being stronger than the gods themselves from other universe. And the actual God training Goku & Vegeta are receiving together. 

In Battle of Gods, they're pronunciations were so forced. Voices were off as hell as well. 

Thank GOD BOG & ROF movies are irrlevant and noncanon now thanks to Super. 

Super did BOG superbly (though not at first with all the filler and cliffhangers)

Now that you can easily watch the first 15 episodes of DBS in 1 sitting, it is is much better than BOG. 

Hopefully they do the same to ROF

I'm pretty happy with the latest chapter of DBC. We're gonna get a very interesting/classic arc outta Champa I'm thinking

i know for sure Satan outplaces Gohan on universe7's 5 man squad and finds a way to win the whole thing

lmao his moves in the tenkaichi games were savage. What if there's Goku and Vegeta counterparts?

this scene gets me fucking amped

cant decide if the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight is my fav in the series or not, the way Vegeta won was so classic to me as a kid

cant decide if the Majin Vegeta vs Goku fight is my fav in the series or not, the way Vegeta won was so classic to me as a kid

its one of the better ones. Honestly Pikkon vs Goku even though its filler was prolly my favorite