Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

The DBZ movies are mostly cliches. Some are pretty hype tho.

Even the legendary super saiyan had a bad ending

Any recommendations?

Even the legendary super saiyan had a bad ending

Any recommendations?

I've seen most of them

just off the top of my head

The Hirudegarn movie, the Dr Wheelo movie, that bardock movie are probably the coolest. Also that newish Bardock movie was pretty hype

Lord slug was pretty good (they play a Disturbed song!)

Bojack was alright

First Cooler movie is good. The Janemba movie wasn't good except for the fact that Gogeta makes an appearance (Pikkon is in it my dude except hes weird in it)

The first Broly movie isnt bad. The ending of the second one is dope. Bio broly is the worst movie ever made

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell my why there hasn't been any manga chapters for One Piece for the past two weeks?

Can someone tell my why there hasn't been any manga chapters for One Piece for the past two weeks?

During August, from what I remember when I read stuff from Shonen Jump, they(Shonen Jump) take a break for some weeks.

I've seen most of them

just off the top of my head

The Hirudegarn movie, the Dr Wheelo movie, that bardock movie are probably the coolest. Also that newish Bardock movie was pretty hype

Lord slug was pretty good (they play a Disturbed song!)

Bojack was alright

First Cooler movie is good. The Janemba movie wasn't good except for the fact that Gogeta makes an appearance (Pikkon is in it my dude except hes weird in it)

The first Broly movie isnt bad. The ending of the second one is dope. Bio broly is the worst movie ever made

Sig check

I loved every single DBZ movie but i'm also biased.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sig check

I loved every single DBZ movie but i'm also biased.

lmao

Janemba looks cool I guess

Its hard not to have DBZ bias when it was such a central part of my childhood. The only fair way to view things like that are to view them at an appropriate age for the first time.

I saw the original star wars movie for the first time in middle school. I didn't love it I thought it was okay. But I have friends who grew up loving star wars and just cant understand why I don't like it. 

lmao

Janemba looks cool I guess

Its hard not to have DBZ bias when it was such a central part of my childhood. The only fair way to view things like that are to view them at an appropriate age for the first time.

I saw the original star wars movie for the first time in middle school. I didn't love it I thought it was okay. But I have friends who grew up loving star wars and just cant understand why I don't like it. 

You guess?!?

Janemba is easily the coolest villain introduced into the DBZ series, ever.

tumblr_lfyjmuBL371qgfevpo1_500.gif

Well if I had to offer my expert opinion on the matter.

History of Trunks>Broly1>Dead zone>Lord Slug>Broly2>Coolers Revenge>Fusion Reborn>Bardock>Bojack>RoFrieza>Cooler2>Tree of Might>bardock2>Wrath of the Dragon>Super Android 13 >PtEtS>Worlds Strongest>Bio-Broly> BoGods>vegatas bro

also Path to power is better than broly1, at least deadzone. Gt's legacy of goku movie is pretty good too, I'd put it after coolers revenge.

Broly1 had a bad ending, but almost all dbz movies do sadly. I rate Broly1 so high because its one of the best movies where you feel like all hope is lost. we got a little history of the saiyans which is cool, and the whole thing is a fucking mystery. 

Ending rating: History of trunks>path to power>broly2>wrath of the dragon>bardock>dead zone>legacy of goku>bardock2>rest>Resurrection of frieza 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some years ago I tried it alongside Toriko, idk, can't remember much from it, maybe I should give it another shot, but what I've heard the manga har entered Berserk territory in regards of hiatus(but I bet HxH's author doesn't say the reason is because he had became addicted to an eroge game).

some years ago is 2011? If so you probably watched the older version. It got redone starting in 2011. I was recommended it and i started to watch the old one by mitake and it was super slow but then I watched the 2011 version a year later and it was really good. The manga is on an indefinite hold (b/c the author doesn't feel like drawing the pictures or letting someone else draw) but the anime does have an ending / the author started his hiatus by ending the current arc

some years ago is 2011? If so you probably watched the older version. It got redone starting in 2011. I was recommended it and i started to watch the old one by mitake and it was super slow but then I watched the 2011 version a year later and it was really good. The manga is on an indefinite hold (b/c the author doesn't feel like drawing the pictures or letting someone else draw) but the anime does have an ending / the author started his hiatus by ending the current arc

I read the manga, last time I watched an anime was when I rewatched Cowboy Bebop(as it's only available as an anime), anime usually takes too much time from me, so I choose to read a chapter in a couple of minutes instead of watching a 20(+) minute episode.

Anywho, soon caught up on Billy Bat, got to say, Urasawa's storytelling is pretty perfect(and I think during the course of Billy Bat, there's no 'thinking boxes', which is pretty darn impressive).

Well if I had to offer my expert opinion on the matter.

History of Trunks>Broly1>Dead zone>Lord Slug>Broly2>Coolers Revenge>Fusion Reborn>Bardock>Bojack>RoFrieza>Cooler2>Tree of Might>bardock2>Wrath of the Dragon>Super Android 13 >PtEtS>Worlds Strongest>Bio-Broly> BoGods>vegatas bro

also Path to power is better than broly1, at least deadzone. Gt's legacy of goku movie is pretty good too, I'd put it after coolers revenge.

Broly1 had a bad ending, but almost all dbz movies do sadly. I rate Broly1 so high because its one of the best movies where you feel like all hope is lost. we got a little history of the saiyans which is cool, and the whole thing is a fucking mystery. 

Ending rating: History of trunks>path to power>broly2>wrath of the dragon>bardock>dead zone>legacy of goku>bardock2>rest>Resurrection of frieza

Really? History of Trunks?

I thought it was pretty bad

History of Trunks and Bardocks movie were really the only ones I thought were semi decent. 

Then again I just don't really like DBZ overall much anymore

Really? History of Trunks?

I thought it was pretty bad

m8, broly and HoT were pretty much in every dbz amv made in 2006-2007. 

adult gohan was bad ass in the film. told the story of this random bowlcut teenager who killed frieza and his father

• Upvote (+1) 1

m8, broly and HoT were pretty much in every dbz amv made in 2006-2007.

adult gohan was bad ass in the film. told the story of this random bowlcut teenager who killed frieza and his father

LoL yeah I know. I remember seeing shit like thst way back in the day. Linkin Park's "In The End" lol

Always wanted to watch it. Finally Watched it this year I think(could've been 2014). It was pretty corny and the animations weren't consistent. One second he's ssj and then a second later he's normal and then a second later he's back to ssj. Voice over 2 as pretty cheesey too.

Edit: And the fight scenes were weak

I unno. I thought broly had a bunk ending. They combined powers and he dies. Broly should never lose. Goku and Vegeta should be forced to fuse. That'd be bad ass.

Gogeta/Vegeto vs The Legendary Super Saiyan = epic

Well I finished Ghost in the shell SAC 1st gig. Enjoyed the first few episodes then got bored and stopped watching for a while. Got back into it and stuck it out and I am glad I did

Well I finished Ghost in the shell SAC 1st gig. Enjoyed the first few episodes then got bored and stopped watching for a while. Got back into it and stuck it out and I am glad I did

Awesome! More people should watch Ghost in the Shell.

If you enjoy that series, then I would recommend Psycho Pass. It's animated by the same studio and is another great cyberpunk show. It's also written by Gen Urobuchi, which can't really be a bad thing in my eyes.

Awesome! More people should watch Ghost in the Shell.

If you enjoy that series, then I would recommend Psycho Pass. It's animated by the same studio and is another great cyberpunk show. It's also written by Gen Urobuchi, which can't really be a bad thing in my eyes.

it was recommended because he like psycho pass

I recommend Shinsekai Yori. Pretty serious anime sorta like psycho pass in terms of settings but the plot follows a different route

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was recommended because he like psycho pass

I recommend Shinsekai Yori. Pretty serious anime sorta like psycho pass in terms of settings but the plot follows a different route

I've heard of that series, but I never really looked into it. I'll be sure to give it a look.

@ @ should i watch the second season?

Sure. It's a bit weaker to me, but like 1st Gig it's still great

So, I read the first ten chapters of Elfen Lied and... Holy s**t, this might be the worst manga out of the 600-700 I've read. There is some pretend story, really bad characters(A character that goes 'I liked you when we were kids, and I love you even more now, so every year I've done this thing I sucked at but you were good at and saved what I did to make you praise me'), looked at the ending and the characters seemed to have grown, but I just can't keep going after the low quality, well, lack of quality, it starts with.