Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

What’s everyone been watching? I just binge watched all of Black Clover on Hulu and if Asta wasn’t ears bleeding loud, I’d probably enjoy the show way more than I already do. I needa finish catching up on the JoJo’s series as well. Also, how do ya feel about the live action Cowboy Bebop series coming to Netflix?

@Cursed Lemon

@FLuFFy

dbs broly movie:

The good: Fluid animation is way better than what they used for the other two movies. Still has CGI clashing though. Way better animation than super, where only the last two episodes had animation that wasn't terrible.

I did like the references to the earlier movie and how they copied fight choreography from the OG film to this one. 

Gogeta is now canon and we got to see him outside of just a oneshot in dbz fusion movie (+gt). 

The fight was excellent. the frieza/cold scene was excellent. the swiping the controller skit was excellent. 

The bad:

As a standalone movie, it's not that good. if you didn't see broly classic, then you're just like who the fuck is broly and why is his normal form as good as a ssj god. 

The japanese music just isn't a good fit for the english dub. I feel like it's true to the history of the jap dub, but it just falls short in the english. also the energy blast's sound fx just weren't nearly as good as the original. If a fan overlayed the original broly OST/sound fx to this new movie, it would be a lot better. in my opinion at least. Plus I couldn't tell if the enemy was talking or if it was the ost. broly launches a strong atk right as the ost says says sai-ya-zin power which was confusing. 

Broly still is the least cool villain in db. still mentally challenged. Sure he's not blind with rage because of power + goku cried next to his capsule, but now he's just rageful with power which is worse. See last post to see why OG broly was better

I don't like how the canon got destroyed. the opening tale of the saiyans contracts Z a lot. 

I don't like how Broly-Bardock is a completely different character than the bardocks in the two specials. them being friendly also contradicts Z which states that saiyans are merciless like how king vegeta behaves. 

I can understand no ultra instinct because of what it is. But no kaioken-ssj for goku? no big bang kamehameha? missed opportunity there.

I really missed this throughout all of super, and this movie too. I hate how there is no sense of "impending doom" in any of super. in OG broly, broly is just tearing everything to shreds, fighting everyone at once. They're all putting in 100% effort and not making a scratch on this guy. Broly is just shrugging off any attack or simply dodging it. he's laughing at them. He's taunting them. Some of this is captured in this film, but showing Weiss just casually playing with Broly didn't help, the "hour fight" with frieza didn't help. 

Also for dbs:

I was disappointed that toriyama never made use of Vegata's yellow/purple lightning "form" from when goku and vegeta first fought. goku can power up ssj with kaioken AND ultra instinct but vegeta can't combine purple lightning with his? It's a disgrace

2 minutes ago, Riddler said:

@Cursed Lemon

@FLuFFy

dbs broly movie:

Hide contents

As a standalone movie, it's not that good. if you didn't see broly classic, then you're just like who the fuck is broly and why is his normal form as good as a ssj god. 

This is a criticism I keep hearing and I just cannot get down with it, because attempting to resolve this is to completely get away from the point of what Broly is, which is an opportunity for raw, unfiltered, unnecessary, exploitative, relentless badassery. So if you don't enjoy that, then you don't enjoy Broly - which is fine, but it doesn't make the movie bad. The movie was exactly what it needed to be. 

The parts about it fucking with the canon are legitimate, if one is that overly protective of the canon of shit like Bardock. Which, frankly, I couldn't care less about. 

Just now, Cursed Lemon said:

This is a criticism I keep hearing and I just cannot get down with it, because attempting to resolve this is to completely get away from the point of what Broly is, which is an opportunity for raw, unfiltered, unnecessary, exploitative, relentless badassery. So if you don't enjoy that, then you don't enjoy Broly - which is fine, but it doesn't make the movie bad. The movie was exactly what it needed to be. 

The parts about it fucking with the canon are legitimate, if one is that overly protective of the canon of shit like Bardock. Which, frankly, I couldn't care less about. 

I just added 1 last point. OG Broly was cooler. Messing with the canon messes with me. It's like mcc. I expect the pr to work and when it doesn't, i just lose my boner. 

OG Broly was a better villain, to be sure, but obviously they didn't want him to be an antagonist here so they handled it fairly well IMHO. 

As far as the canon, I'd care if it was something major with one of the main characters, but Bardock? That story was never good anyway. Fuck with it all you like. 

My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan, Black Clover Season 1 are free digitally on Amazon right now.

The whole situation with Vic Mignogna is bringing out so many redpill opportunist shitfucks that it's actually  blowing my mind. 

hum, i used to be a heavy fan of manga. read lots of them from the very top like one piece to something unpopular like belzebuth, apknite. but there is something very disapointed about the world is that people drop good mangas in the middle. i remember i spent like a month to follow to chaper 360 of The Berseeker, and then it suddenly on hold for some reason, i dont know  and wait like a year or so untill people continued it. also about the one called the breaker new waves(part2) it's stopped in the middle in the peak fight. that's ashame.

Just now, johnwalmart said:

hum, i used to be a heavy fan of manga. read lots of them from the very top like one piece to something unpopular like belzebuth, apknite. but there is something very disapointed about the world is that people drop good mangas in the middle. i remember i spent like a month to follow to chaper 360 of The Berseeker, and then it suddenly on hold for some reason, i dont know  and wait like a year or so untill people continued it. also about the one called the breaker new waves(part2) it's stopped in the middle in the peak fight. that's ashame.

yeah i know the feeling. Belzebub has not released new chapter like ages ago, i was tired of watiting so i drop it. and this is the main reason why i dont read manga as much as i was. it's shi** to see a good thing you are enjoying to stop haflway

Has anyone here started Demon Slayer? Highly recommend starting if you haven’t, great fight scenes and beautiful visuals. Solid show so far, 13 episodes out.

Been watching Jojo. Entertaining and funny. Wouldn't rank it among the greats but it seems to keep getting better as it goes on.

On 7/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, Destroyaaa said:

Been watching Jojo. Entertaining and funny. Wouldn't rank it among the greats but it seems to keep getting better as it goes on.

What season are you on? That show gets hella props from me, I’ve used it as an entry level anime to introduce my friends to anime, and as soon as people start fighting and dying they’re interest peaks. And the show funny as shit.

13 hours ago, PLaTaNo said:

What season are you on? That show gets hella props from me, I’ve used it as an entry level anime to introduce my friends to anime, and as soon as people start fighting and dying they’re interest peaks. And the show funny as shit.

I just started Diamond is Unbreakable. The entry shows I've used are Attack on Titan and Death Note. I started watching this because everyone on reddit talks about this show and so I wanted to see what it was all about. It's not a show that I cant pull my eyes away from but when I feel like it I'll watch a few. And I think that's just because the way its structured having subplots that don't go more than 2 episodes.