Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

If you haven't seen Code Geass yet, it's really worth watching. Especially if you liked Death Note.

Different suggestion: Fuck Death Note, but you should watch Code Geass anyway.

Never really got into Death Note, but damnnnnnn.... I thoroughly enjoyed Code Geass. Such an intelligent story line.

^ Pretty much this. Honestly, Code Geass is a smarter and crazier Death Note with a much better ending. So even if you didn't like Death Note, watch Code Geass anyway.

Code Geass>Death Note IMO

Watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brother Hood. Decided to give it a shot last week and watch the shit out of it. Watched the first season in like a couple of days.

IF anyone is looking for great Manga/Webtoons

-Tower Of god - One of the best 

-Noblesse 

-Nanatsu no Taizai

- Feng shen ji

-The Breaker and the Breaker New Waves

OnePunch Man  -  I HIGHLY recommend this

Now if you havent notice by now i like Manga a whole lot better then Anime so here are some more that you guys probably never heard of

-Gun x Clover

- ST&RS

-Iris Zero

-Akumetsu

-Kiss Wood  - One of the most emotional mangas i have ever read and a GREAT read

Now ALL of these ARE GREAT Mangas and if u want any more from my personal collection over the years hit me up and ill give you guys more :)

I'm reading Claymore right now because i recently re-watched the anime... Wow, from watching the anime, you'd never have any idea what's actually going on in that world. I knew they had just cut the show and filled in a random ending, but i never thought this is where the anime would have headed.

I'm reading Claymore right now because i recently re-watched the anime... Wow, from watching the anime, you'd never have any idea what's actually going on in that world. I knew they had just cut the show and filled in a random ending, but i never thought this is where the anime would have headed.

I watched the anime and liked it at first, but I thought the closing episodes were absolute trash, but I've heard nothing but good things about the manga. 

BUT BERSERK IS ABOUT TO COME BACK AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody know what is going on with Attack On Titan?  I was loving that Anime but it seems to off stopped.  Has it been cancelled or just the end of the season?  Not seen a new episode for over a month now.

I watched the anime and liked it at first, but I thought the closing episodes were absolute trash, but I've heard nothing but good things about the manga. 

BUT BERSERK IS ABOUT TO COME BACK AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Berserk's returning????????

Does anybody know what is going on with Attack On Titan?  I was loving that Anime but it seems to off stopped.  Has it been cancelled or just the end of the season?  Not seen a new episode for over a month now.

They took a break because the show was going to catch up to the manga really soon. The manga only comes out once a month.

They took a break because the show was going to catch up to the manga really soon. The manga only comes out once a month.

Ahh ok, as long as they keep making it Im happy, love that Anime.

Ahh ok, as long as they keep making it Im happy, love that Anime.

Oh definitely. AoT is incredibly popular and making a huge amount of money. Probably will be around for a long time.

New SAO confirmed. Eh.

SAO is dope. I was content with it being just 2 seasons, but I'm down for it to keep goin too.

It was average. Wasted potential, awful pacing 101, bad character design, good animation.

It was average. Wasted potential, awful pacing 101, bad character design, good animation.

this. with emphasis on wasted potential

SAO is dope. I was content with it being just 2 seasons, but I'm down for it to keep goin too.

I like to forget that season 2 ever existed. Season 1 was good imo.

Found out I get Funimation's TV channel in my cable package. Even though I don't like dub, it's still a solid channel. Especially when they are doing a FMA:B marathon 

I think some dubs are great, while others can be bad or even unbearable. FMA:B has a really good one, although it is a shame Aaron couldn't do Brotherhood as Alphonse again.

I think some dubs are great, while others can be bad or even unbearable. FMA:B has a really good one, although it is a shame Aaron couldn't do Brotherhood as Alphonse again.

I agree. I miss the original Al. I've just seen a lot more unbearable dubs than good ones. 

I feel like dubs have been improving drastically as of late. Ones from the 90s and early 2000s are generally pretty terrible. I think Funimation has been doing a good job recently.

I find it weird that people say dubs > subs.

I prefer dubs cause for 1. I grew up speaking English so because of that I'm gonna understand the context, the emotion from their voice a lot better compared to a language I know very little of and their emotions in their voice might be different, especially when they're telling a joke. Also with subs, instead if completely enjoying the art, you're stuck looking at the bottom of screen reading when(as Funimations motto goes) "you should be watching". I also prefer how they match the voices with English speakers over Japanese. I was watching a DBZ episode in subs for the first time and the characters sounded like a bunch of bitches lol.

With that said, the Japanese language is very beautiful. I'm slowly learning the language(just too much procrastinating), love how it feels when speaking the language and love how it sounds. I just really enjoy the language, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm mostly reading subs and concentrating less on what the voices are saying.

I don't mind watching stuff with subs on, just would prefer dubbed most of time. How ever if it's a movie were talking about and not an anime, subs >

Sword Art Online was good for 10 episodes. After that, shit hit the fan, plot went to shit, characters started becoming less interesting and it's just another awfully paced anime at the end of the day. Just like Attack on Titans. 

Now, if you guys want some actual good shit, watch them movies by Shinkai, that new one is godlike. That's how you make an anime!

I find it weird that people say dubs > subs.

I prefer dubs cause for 1. I grew up speaking English so because of that I'm gonna understand the context, the emotion from their voice a lot better compared to a language I know very little of and their emotions in their voice might be different, especially when they're telling a joke. Also with subs, instead if completely enjoying the art, you're stuck looking at the bottom of screen reading when(as Funimations motto goes) "you should be watching". I also prefer how they match the voices with English speakers over Japanese. I was watching a DBZ episode in subs for the first time and the characters sounded like a bunch of bitches lol.

With that said, the Japanese language is very beautiful. I'm slowly learning the language(just too much procrastinating), love how it feels when speaking the language and love how it sounds. I just really enjoy the language, but that still doesn't change the fact that I'm mostly reading subs and concentrating less on what the voices are saying.

I don't mind watching stuff with subs on, just would prefer dubbed most of time. How ever if it's a movie were talking about and not an anime, subs >

DBZ has to have the worst sub of all time. Dubs for shows like One Piece and Fairy Tail are pretty bad. Some are good, but for a long time voice acting for dubs were mostly half assed and terrible. It's starting to get better in the last few years though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1