Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

I think I might start reading dragon ball

Or is it better to watch?

If you're watching from the start than my nostalgia is telling me to tell you to watch it. Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z. 

If you're watching from the start than my nostalgia is telling me to tell you to watch it. Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z.

I won't ever rewatch DBZ

I don't know if they did this in America, but in Canada. The station that aired it would keep restarting the series in the middle and after a saga

Plus there's too many episides of DBZ to watch and too many other shows to watch. I got my memories of the show

I think what I'll do is read the dragon ball Manga and watch certain episodes

Anyone watching 91 Days? Have been enjoying it so far. Definitely in-line with Shuka Studios other works like Durarara and Baccano

Dragonball is the low key goat. Though the art in the beginning isn't very good, that's bout my only gripe with it. Dragonball has more rewatchability than dbz for me.

Also yeah, every TV station did that. After the androids saga it was unbearable, I got every episode on VHS from like episode 97 and onwards plus GT. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dragonball is the low key goat. Though the art in the beginning isn't very good, that's bout my only gripe with it. Dragonball has more rewatchability than dbz for me.

Also yeah, every TV station did that. After the androids saga it was unbearable, I got every episode on VHS from like episode 97 and onwards plus GT. 

Dragonball is real anime. DBZ is just lore and was cool when i was 10 and is pretty much the only reason I like it. 

I would never recommend anyone whos like 16+ to watch DBZ

Dragonball Super is getting pretty good.

I've only started watching since the Trunks/BlackGoku Saga because everything else looked garbage. 

I would watch Kai if they could have found a way to use Gohan's original voice actor or his old lines without sounding too different from everyone else's. Seems like a silly reason to not watch it, but Perfect Cell was one of my favorite Sagas growing up.

I probably won't watch DBZ ever again outside of YT some fights. Not even my nostalgia can keep me interested enough to watch.

So with this new Berserk anime how many episodes/seasons will there be? And before you say "you need to read the manga" I am well aware that is the only way to get the full story

So with this new Berserk anime how many episodes/seasons will there be? And before you say "you need to read the manga" I am well aware that is the only way to get the full story

Supposed to have 24 episodes(and with the pacing they have that'll probably be like 3-5 arcs in total...). No info about more seasons, but I'd highly recommend reading the manga first, as not only does it provide the full story as you said(IT SKIPS SO MUCH!), but it also introduces characters at earlier places in the story & the pacing is god awful. You can watch it, but I think you'd appreciate it much more if you have read the manga.

Supposed to have 24 episodes(and with the pacing they have that'll probably be like 3-5 arcs in total...). No info about more seasons, but I'd highly recommend reading the manga first, as not only does it provide the full story as you said(IT SKIPS SO MUCH!), but it also introduces characters at earlier places in the story & the pacing is god awful. You can watch it, but I think you'd appreciate it much more if you have read the manga.

For now I'll stick to watching since that's how I started. Maybe one day I'll buy the manga. I don't want to read it on a screen. I only read HxH because I started reading that after the anime ended but to read this entire thing on a screen would be terrible.

Also I'd like to think it'll be more than 1 season

Dragonball is real anime. DBZ is just lore and was cool when i was 10 and is pretty much the only reason I like it. 

I would never recommend anyone whos like 16+ to watch DBZ

It's amazing for anyone who grew up with it, but I couldn't see myself enjoying it nearly as much if I didn't

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have 3 crunchyroll guest passes if anyone is interested. just send me a PM

Just finished welcome to the nhk. Not the genre I usually go for but it was really good. Even the dub was decent. As far as berserk goes who's behelt do you think that is? I can't see guys ever using it.

So, the upcoming Berserk chapter...

7drHiqr.gif

Only 20 years in the making!

I had the good fortune of picking up berserk after the boat arc. I've heard from various people that was a bad time lol

I'm about to watch Gintama for the first time. Is it good?

i've never watched it, i heard it has a pretty slow/boring start but supposedly gets better after 20+ episodes.