Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

Both cuts out tons of shit, the movies doesn't include Wyald or the black dogs from what I can remember, so I believe you're wrong about that(neither does the anime, so minut points to both). The kushan assassins are indeed important, so the movie gets a plus for that, the anime includes the queen subplot which the movie does not. The list goes on about shit both cuts out or things only one of them includes, but don't want to spoil it for people who haven't read/watched yet.

Also, Golden Age isn't a flashback, it's a prequel, that's why I said Golden Age is the start of the story, the old anime does actually start with Black Swordsman(the baron part), makes me wonder if the new anime will start with the count & skip baron & then go straight to the Conviction Arc. I hope they include

Rosine and her 'elves'.

Wyald, that was the name. and by anime i meant the series and the films oops

how would golden age not be a flashback tho?

also it should start with the baron cause thats where guts meets puck but in the original anime he saves some random girl (who actually dies in the manga in a different volume) instead of puck

Wyald, that was the name. and by anime i meant the series and the films oops

how would golden age not be a flashback tho?

also it should start with the baron cause thats where guts meets puck but in the original anime he saves some random girl (who actually dies in the manga in a different volume) instead of puck

Wyald, as I said, isn't in the movies from what I can remember, and a google search theorizes they skipped him because of his junk.

A flashback is when a character re-experiences(remembers back) on past events. Golden Age is no such thing, it's a prequel, it's just how the manga is structured, we begin with some time after Eclipse, and then we get to when the story really started. I'm personally a fan of if you want to read then either start with Golden Age, or skip the Count part(for the time being, until Golden Age is over, like the anime did), makes certain events have more impact.

And you're remembering the wrong girl, the girl Guts saves from the anime is nowhere to be found in the manga.

Oh, never knew they took that girls design(or the character as a whole). I guess I was wrong, shit, it was around 6+ years ago since I started reading Berserk, I need to re-read it soon.

Also; new episode is out, but not yet translated. 

i found a book store in a local mall that actually sells the manga about a month ago they wree $15 a volume

kinda blew my mind that someplace actually carried ive looked all over just being curious

$15 is the absolute max I would be willing to buy a Berserk volume at, too bad all places I know that sells manga & anime only has manga in Swedish(you can buy them from Amazon though). I bought a Berserk Anime DVD-set some time ago, and it's jap with only subtitles being nordic languages. It hurts a little. Normal book stores over here usually only sell shonen manga like Naruto and shit though.

Poster for the new Berserk anime. It will launch Friday 7:30 PT on Crunchyroll everywhere except Australia, Asia & New Zealand. No idea if it'll be a weekly release or binge. I assume weekly.

1c6e4d7f071039b8baa893f937a4982914670545

Poster for the new Berserk anime. It will launch Friday 7:30 PT on Crunchyroll everywhere except Australia, Asia & New Zealand. No idea if it'll be a weekly release or binge. I assume weekly.

1c6e4d7f071039b8baa893f937a4982914670545

nice its gonna go all through conviction

nice its gonna go all through conviction

I've heard they won't do the Lost Children though.... Considering there's no Lost Children characters in the voice cast they released I assume that's correct. And the voice cast also didn't include Luca, which I guess is by mistake? Would be very odd if they skipped Luca but included all the other prostitutes.

Trying to remember all the series I used to read... I stopped maybe a year ago? Maybe even further than that...

Then I remembered I had a MAL http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Champlew

...That's a lot to catch up on.

Well, Akame & Cavalier have released like 10 chapters each since a year ago & The Breaker: New Waves was completed a year ago(and the third act to start in, what, maybe 10 years or whatever they said), maybe not that much(though, the weekly shounen manga's will be a lot to catch up on).

I've heard they won't do the Lost Children though.... Considering there's no Lost Children characters in the voice cast they released I assume that's correct. And the voice cast also didn't include Luca, which I guess is by mistake? Would be very odd if they skipped Luca but included all the other prostitutes.

no Luca has to be a mistake if the priest is there lol

Well, the 3D sucks balls, the little 2D that there is(around 20 seconds) is pretty nice though.

Also, they introduced Farnese, Serpico & Schierke at the start + Isidro is there when Puck got introduced, after that they skip the Baron, have the Collette bit, and then skip the Count and end the Blackswordsman Arc + start Convicition & skip the Lost Children arc.

I actually just finished the Golden Age Arc movie trilogy of Berserk. It gets really 2001: A Space Odyssey in the third movie. Had no idea that it was setting up everything else. I didn't even know there was anything else. When I finished the third movie I just sat there "Thats it?? WTF?"

In other news I finally watched The Beast and The Boy. It was pretty good, definitely appreciated Summer Wars a lot more, but both movies were good either way. Can't go wrong with either.

The Golden arc is really like a prequel to the Berserk story.

I'm glad after all this time we get an anime(sorta) after the Golden age. Can't wait for him to get the Berserk armor.

I actually just finished the Golden Age Arc movie trilogy of Berserk. It gets really 2001: A Space Odyssey in the third movie. Had no idea that it was setting up everything else. I didn't even know there was anything else. When I finished the third movie I just sat there "Thats it?? WTF?"

:)

I'm glad after all this time we get an anime(sorta) after the Golden age. Can't wait for him to get the Berserk armor.

Yeah, it's nice that we got a new adaptation, just sad that it's the worst adaptation yet(and if the first episode is anything to go after, it will skip so much) and that it looks worse than Koei's upcoming Berserk Warriors game. You might think that pre-rendered should look better than real-time graphics...

Hi all!

Never really posted In the Anime section of these forums but I just re watched Paranoia Agent. Havent seen It since 2006 so It felt like a new experience all over again haha I think that's In my top 5 anime honestly but I'm really into anime similar to that.

Anyone ever watch It before?

if he gets it in this anime itll be at the very end

if he gets it in this anime itll be at the very end

He will 100% get it this (season of the) anime, they've already shown Flora & Schierke.

Also, Casca is... White... In this anime? Unless all flashback scenes makes everybody white. Also, the 3D looks worse in episode 2... Berserk deserves much better. The soundtrack is great tho.

My girlfriend is showing me Madoka Magica. It looks cute but it aint cute lol.

My girlfriend is showing me Madoka Magica. It looks cute but it aint cute lol.

madoka magica is in my top 5 favorite anime series.

v nice deconstruction of the magical girl genre

• Upvote (+1) 1