Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

Personally I am too busy to read Manga currently. I work at least 35 hours a week and I spend the rest of my time gaming.

I'll just have to comment on this part; you work less than the average 40 hours a week(average in my country, 35 hours a week is standard in Denmark though, I believe), and since you spend the rest of your time gaming, you have tons of gaming time unless it takes you 2 hours to get from work to home and vice versa.

Regarding Berserk; just remember that when you're caught up... It will take some time for the next episode to come out. Other manga's I would recommend is any Naoki Urasawa manga that isn't Master Keaton.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll just have to comment on this part; you work less than the average 40 hours a week(average in my country, 35 hours a week is standard in Denmark though, I believe), and since you spend the rest of your time gaming, you have tons of gaming time unless it takes you 2 hours to get from work to home and vice versa.

Regarding Berserk; just remember that when you're caught up... It will take some time for the next episode to come out. Other manga's I would recommend is any Naoki Urasawa manga that isn't Master Keaton.

manga comes back next friday and is gonna be published again monthly im cumming

• Upvote (+1) 1

manga comes back next friday and is gonna be published again monthly im cumming

Just remember that last year it was published monthly for 6 months until Miura took this current 6 month break/hiatus. So I expect something similar to happen now; 6 chapters and then a 6+ month break/hiatus. If he however doesn't take a hiatus/break now and just keeps going...  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just remember that last year it was published monthly for 6 months until Miura took this current 6 month break/hiatus. So I expect something similar to happen now; 6 chapters and then a 6+ month break/hiatus. If he however doesn't take a hiatus/break now and just keeps going...  :walshy:

thatd still be better/more consistent than it has been for years lmfao

Takes about an hour. And I only typically game on weekends because on a regular day I'm too tired. Also I'm forced to take an hour and a half break every day so I would actually be above the 40 hours if I didn't take a break.

So is beserk worth reading/watching then?

If the animation is sick. I'd rather watch than read

You're doing it wrong if you're reading attack on titan and not watching instead

Same goes with one punch man as examples

You're doing it wrong if you're reading attack on titan and not watching instead

the original anime is from the 90s and doesnt cover even a third of the story

also berserk has by far the best art of any manga out there from like volume 20 and on

They're rehashing the series so just watch then

They're rehashing the series so just watch then

its not a rehash the new anime is gonna cover some of the black swordsman arc which is right where the old anime left off

Considering the 90's Anime was, well, in the 90's, the animation isn't that good. And the movies(which cover the same arc, but includes some things the 90's anime did not and doesn't include some things the 90's anime included) are a pretty bad 3D/2D blend, plus the manga has probably the best manga art out there after, as states before, around volume 20. Add to that that the manga includes lots of things the adaptations don't and you should know the manga is what you want to go for.

Is Berserk worth it, you ask? Well, it isn't known as the best manga for nothing.

Also, I'd say OPM is 50/50; the Murata manga adaptation got GREAT art, and it does 3D shots, the laser-beam that Genos used while wanting to test his might against Saitama has kanji right next to it which casts shadows(it blew my mind when I read it). If you're only watching it, you're missing out.

And yes, no rehash as the new anime won't cover the Golden Age arc, where exactly it will start is unknown to me atm, but I would assume it starts at the beginning of the black swordsman arc, we'll just have to wait and see.

Koei Tecmo's Berserk game(Dynasty Warriors style) for XBONE is being considered for the west.

I'll buy this no matter what because it's a Berserk game, but I'd much rather want any other studio to make a Berserk game(Platinum Games' Kenju Saito for example has said he wants to make a Berserk game, Capcom's Dragon's Dogma team & From Software would most likely jump on the opportunity if it came up). Not a fan of Koei Tecmo and their games.

Considering the 90's Anime was, well, in the 90's, the animation isn't that good. And the movies(which cover the same arc, but includes some things the 90's anime did not and doesn't include some things the 90's anime included) are a pretty bad 3D/2D blend, plus the manga has probably the best manga art out there after, as states before, around volume 20. Add to that that the manga includes lots of things the adaptations don't and you should know the manga is what you want to go for.

Is Berserk worth it, you ask? Well, it isn't known as the best manga for nothing.

Also, I'd say OPM is 50/50; the Murata manga adaptation got GREAT art, and it does 3D shots, the laser-beam that Genos used while wanting to test his might against Saitama has kanji right next to it which casts shadows(it blew my mind when I read it). If you're only watching it, you're missing out.

And yes, no rehash as the new anime won't cover the Golden Age arc, where exactly it will start is unknown to me atm, but I would assume it starts at the beginning of the black swordsman arc, we'll just have to wait and see.

I've read some of it. The anime is pretty much the same as the Manga, but the art and animation is better

What if I start with The Egg of the King?

I kinda did that with Bleach. Ended up liig Bleach more after watching the first movie

What if I start with The Egg of the King?

I kinda did that with Bleach. Ended up liig Bleach more after watching the first movie

Since the anime & movie covers the same arc(which is where the story starts), you'd be fine starting with it.

Since the anime & movie covers the same arc(which is where the story starts), you'd be fine starting with it.

i disagree, the anime cuts out a ton of shit like the kushan assassins (important characters) and that one apostle that the king sends to hunt the band of the hawk which was a really sick fight. also u learn a whole lot more about apostles/god hand during the eclipse from griffith's pov than the anime shows. 

not to mention the first 3 volumes are actually black swordsman stuff and golden age is really just a flashback

i disagree, the anime cuts out a ton of shit like the kushan assassins (important characters) and that one apostle that the king sends to hunt the band of the hawk which was a really sick fight. also u learn a whole lot more about apostles/god hand during the eclipse from griffith's pov than the anime shows.

not to mention the first 3 volumes are actually black swordsman stuff and golden age is really just a flashback

I'm just saying to watch once to see if I like it

its not a rehash the new anime is gonna cover some of the black swordsman arc which is right where the old anime left off

Oh, I was misinformed. I thought it was going to start earlier than the previous one.

Oh, I was misinformed. I thought it was going to start earlier than the previous one.

if anything it might do the first 3 volumes and then skip volumes 4-12 or whenever golden age ends since golden age is really just a flashback

Both cuts out tons of shit, the movies doesn't include Wyald or the black dogs from what I can remember, so I believe you're wrong about that(neither does the anime, so minut points to both). The kushan assassins are indeed important, so the movie gets a plus for that, the anime includes the queen subplot which the movie does not. The list goes on about shit both cuts out or things only one of them includes, but don't want to spoil it for people who haven't read/watched yet.

Also, Golden Age isn't a flashback, it's a prequel, that's why I said Golden Age is the start of the story, the old anime does actually start with Black Swordsman(the baron part), makes me wonder if the new anime will start with the count & skip baron & then go straight to the Conviction Arc. I hope they include

Rosine and her 'elves'.